Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: HALL OF FAME IS TONITE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:32 am

Indeed, athletic wise he's basically a hybrid between the two :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: HALL OF FAME IS TONITE!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:44 pm

First night was pretty good for a WWE show. Sucks about Boogs. Know idea who he or Madcap Moss were, though. Weird there were no preshow matches. Most of the card was enjoyable. Nothing spectacular, or sorry, stupendous, but definitely mostly watchable. Not being 7 hours long helps.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: WRESTLEMANIA 38 is TONITE

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:48 pm

I know you don't watch the hall of fames PB though I'm not sure why, it's a way to see the old guys one more time and the legends to be honored plus you get hear some great stories and stuff you never knew. I was right on all the inductors accept for 2 as Vader was inducted by him family and The Undertaker was actually inducted by Vinnie Mac himself which I should have seen coming after all that has transpired over the years and since Kane was talking about him in the kickoff show. Here is a quick video highlight of the event.

Now the video didn't have all the best parts and left out some crucial moments too. The promo videos were great especially for the Steiners & Vader. Scotty was crying and that's a rare thing seeing Rick without his ear guards and it was also cool seeing them with Bron and it was NO secret of his relation. It was great with King Booker & his Queen! As always the Warrior award is just sad :( The video above didn't give the Undertaker justice, he actually spoke about 25 to 30 minutes, I mean it was epic :o Surprisingly the event was only about 2:30 and that was with a kickoff show when they have been known to to got over 4 to 5 hours (2014 with Mr. T for example) :o There was really no secrets here, I mean they revealed who Bron was, Kane & The Undertaker are not brothers, Taker said squash match then corrected himself and said "enhancement" match...I mean most of the time during the whole speech he wasn't talking to us as The Undertaker, he was talking to us as Mark Calaway...all kayfabe was thrown out the window here. It was a pretty good event that went smoothly done and went by quickly. I didn't find it boring or anything. I was kinda disappointed however that there was no Legacy award however, I always looked forward to them. Surprisingly no celeb wing this time which was ok with Me. It was pretty good. Now I'm off to go see Wrestlemania 38 Day 1 :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Wrestlemania 38 is Tonite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:05 am

I've only watched a few of them over the years, Hogan, Flair, Austin, Piper...I don't know, it just isn't something that interesting to me, like an awards show. They showed highlights during WM yesterday and Taker looked like an infomercial dude walking around with that headset. It looked like it was probably good, I just have a hard time investing the time in watching stuff like that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:48 am

Oh well that's why they had it for 2 days ;) I always loved the HOFs.

Boogs is Eric Bugenhagen and Madcap Moss is Riddick Moss from NXT a while back.

OK, here is a quick run down. Shame about Boogs, USOs had to win, Drew match was good. Paul is so generic IMO, what's with all the special hype about him? He's got talent but still :roll: Well, I guess selling her soul didn't pay off as Becky lost, Belair was really dominate and looked good. Kinda glad she won. Like I said, I didn't check the news much for a while as I didn't want to be spoiled but had a big feeling it was Cody, a great match, it was a shocking one like in a alternate realty of sorts :shock: Amazing this wasn't the ME, I'm sick of Rousey, glad Charlotte won :) Austin still got it and that whole thing with him & KO was done pretty nice. Shame Alpha Academy didn't win, kinda getting tired of the RK-Bro. Great match with Lashley & Omos. Finally somebody stopped the giant, where does he go on from here though :?: I dislike it when a big guy has met his match like that :roll: The Jackass match was great, I loved the whole thing, 1000 times better than Bad Bunny whom I still don't know where the heck they found him :roll: Liv & Rhea didn't look hot at all and Rhea always looks hot but I'm glad Sasha & Naomi won, they deserved it, love the blue & green hair on Sasha :) The Edge match was good and had a cool entrance too. Glad the New Day lost, tired of'em, shame Pete Dunne is repackaged as Butch :roll: Amazing, 2 for 1 match, McAfee is a natural, glad he won but gosh, Mr McMahon was unbelievable in more ways than one :o What a huge botch stunner from Stone Cold, that looked horrible :roll: Roman & Lesnar = greatest match ever and for Wrestlmania...I think not. It was great but no where near the status of Hogan & Warrior or any great match of that caliber :smsmh: :wwsmh: :batsmh:

Overall I thought it was a good & exciting Wrestlemania. It was fairly simple and with hardly any guests at all compared to others of the past. Both the HOF & WM 38 were fast, exciting and fun. I can't complain about'em :batsmile: Well worth the price & time :)

By the way PB - Your Kids watched it right? Who they like? What didn't they like? Your Wife watch too? What was her likes and dislikes as well :?: Do they have their favorites or not :?: ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:43 am

I thought both nights were pretty good. I'll say this, not watching WWE regularly anymore, the two matches I was looking most forward to were AJ-Edge (cuz I love AJ) and the Jackass match. Now normally, I despise those kinds of matches when they pit two wrestlers or two teams against each other in a silly stunt match. I think of like the Thanksgiving fight New Day had with someone and I kind of feel sorry for the wrestlers because it feels demeaning for them to have to do that. But since it was Johnny Knoxville, it made sense. And it didn't disappoint. We just watched a bunch of Jackass movies on MTV maybe a month ago, and I think my kids laughed the entire match. My wife, too. I think it's the kind of thing they'll still talk about years from now the same way we talk about Mick going off the Cell or Vince and Austin in the hospital and Mr Socko. I mean, they got a kick out of it, especially the giant hand because you didn't see it coming. Props to Sami, but I thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious.

AJ vs Edge was good, but I was expecting something more. Everything with Austin was great. Yeah, Vince botched that Stunner tremend, I mean, stupendously, but that's Vince. Remember the Stunner he took in like '97 on Raw is War when Vince still wore the black Raw outfit and he flopped like a deadfish? Vince has never been good at taking them, but good for him at his age still doing it. And seeing Austin laugh like a mad man afterwards made it even better. McAfee played his part well, and seeing him drinking a beer on the ground after eating a Stunner was funny. For someone who loved wrestling and always wanted to try it, I can't imagine anything better than being in a WrestleMania segment with Vince and Austin. Holy cow!

The rest of the matches were fine, nothing blew me away but there wasn't anything glaringly awful. Yes, Butch sucks. It's worse than Gunther, IMO, and they probably should've just skipped that match but at least it was short. Sucks Boogs got hurt, you could tell right away that wasn't planned and he was hurt pretty bad.

Briefly on the rest:

Drew vs Corbin, don't really care much about either, the sword is dumb, the match was fine.
Miz/Paul vs Mysterios, don't really like Dominik, Paul did more than I expected and looked competent, again, nothing bad,
Bianca vs Becky, I thought it looked a little sloppy at times, I hate Becky's new hairdo, it makes her look about 10 years older and ready for Thunderdome with Tina Turner. Not really a fan of Bianca, especially the hair whip thing, thankfully they didn't do that
Cody vs Seth, not a surprise, but still a surprise. Thought the match was good, if not a little but typical paint-by-numbers Cody match, liked the Bionic Elbow
Flair vs Rousey, meh. Tired of Flair. Don't care about Rousey at all anymore and she looks disinterested at times so I am, too. I think Rousey vs Becky would've made more sense from Rhonda's previous run but they insist on Becky being a heel despite the crowd still being for her somewhat, and Bianca vs Flair would've made more sense, too
RKBro vs Profits vs Alpha, was pretty good, maybe because the crowd was hot for it. Nice spots, Randy looks like he's really having fun. RKBro is something that doesn't look like it should work on paper, but with Randy looking really invested it works somehow.
Bobby vs Omos, meh, Omos looks stiff like most oversized guys (The Giant Gonzalez, Khali) and he falls like a tree. Wasn't a bad match and thankfully over long. I kind of guess where they'd go from here, and if you saw Raw, it makes sense.
Women's Tag Match-- meh, hard to care about a bunch of thrown together women's teams, didn't really pay much attention to this one, I'll admit, I couldn't tell you anything that actually happened in it. Seems like a waste of Sasha and Rea to be stuck in tag teams.
Reigns vs Lesnar--I've been pretty clear on how little I cared about this match and didn't think it was any different from any of their prior matches, just a bunch of kick outs of each others finishers. Felt like every Brock match, really. Thought it'd be longer and maybe have a better story in the match but it was just bland.

And the end of the day, the only things I'll probably talk about in the future and remember will be the stuff with Owens-McAfee-Austin-McMahon, Sami vs Knoxville, and the Boogs injury, and that doesn't say much for the future of the WWE because the majority of that is from guys that aren't on the current roster.

Not sure if you watched Raw yesterday. Another letdown. Three hours is still way too long when you consider PVs used to be 2:45. I liked Cody's promo. The surprises weren't really that exciting or interesting, and the end of the show sucked. Honestly, expected a lot more from the Raw after WrestleMania. There wasn't anything that made me want to tune in again to see where storylines go.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm

I see PB. Good rundown. Good your Kids & Wife thought it was hilarious. Oh yeah, Vinnie Mac was never good at that stunner bump, I guess it's still classic Vince huh :?: :lol: Good you were excited about AJ & Edge.

Actually I only saw the clips. Truth is I had to halt My DirectTV and not sure if I can do it again which really sucks :x So I only watch the clips on YT and same goes for AEW :roll: Watching Raw Talk & Talking Smack helps to keep up and thank goodness NXT and them aforementioned programs is on Peacock :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Honestly, just happy to see the Steiner Brothers finally in the Hall of Fame. They are one of my all time favorite tag teams of all time. Up there with Money Inc., Yokozuna and Owen Hart and the Headshrinkers.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:22 am

Oh indeed Acid, such great teams and I'm still waiting for the Fabulous Rougeaus and especially the Quebecers to be in the HOF :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:30 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Oh indeed Acid, such great teams and I'm still waiting for the Fabulous Rougeaus and especially the Quebecers to be in the HOF :)

Heck yeah. When I was growing up, the Quebecers were one of my favourite tag teams. I remember before the Quebecers were a team, I was watching a tape of Wrestlemania IV and it had the Rougeau Brothers in the Battle Royal. I had never seen the event before nor did I know about the Rougeau Brothers and I was thinking "Whoa, the Mountie and the interviewer Ray Rougeau are brothers and they were in a tag team together???"
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT