Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Royal Rumble is Tonite!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:59 pm

Ugh, I'll admit I started watching this for free during the middle of the women's rumble. Again, what's the point of watching WWE and caring about wrestlers if someone is just going to show up at the Rumble and win? What's the point? I heard the Seth-Reigns match was really good but kind of dumb ending. Lesnar-Reigns kind of had a dumb ending, too. Is there anything more tired than a ref bump? WWE just can't help themselves, I guess.

And as soon as Lesnar lost, everyone knew what was happening. I mean, WWE sucks at building new stars anyway, so it's kind of their own fault, but even before Brock there wasn't more than maybe 2 people who you thought had a legitimate shot at winning. Years ago, you at least had a handful of people who may've had a shot. But here's the thing, Brock winning helps who? In a year when Brock is gone again, who did this help? And what would make for better televison, Brock and Roman staring at each other for two months, or Brock trying earn or force Reigns to face him at WM? That would've made for good TV the next few months. But now there's no chase.

And on top of that, you could've used the Rumble to build up another star for Lashley or actually helped create a new star. It's just so tiredly predictable. If Reigns wins at WM, who cares? It's the status quo. If Brock wins, he sticks around for what, six months and then he's gone again? I know AEW isn't innocent when it comes to predictablility. I mean, as soon as Hangman Page was in that ladder match we all kind of new he was winning, but he's still an ascending star. The match made him a bigger star. It's just, frustrating and it makes Lashley and the Raw title seem absolutely second rate and unimportant. But that's how WWE wants.

I suppose I shouldn't really care, because I don't even watch anymore and the product isn't really aimed at my age group anymore, I just hate seeing guys like AJ, Roode, Ownes, Sami, etc. wasted or even guys that were fired like Samoa Joe or Keith Lee that could've been built up by a Royal Rumble win instead of halftime Brock. And yeas, I realize none of thise guys are really new or young, but at least it would be another level for those guys. What the hell does Brock winning do for anyone in a year? I suppose it doesn't matter because they probably really will do Reigns vs the Rock next year anyway, so why build up anyone else.

But again, why should I care the rest of the year?

Answer: I don't.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:23 am

Gosh PB, what a write up. Saw it for free? YT or friend's place? I'll respond to what you said in a bit...

Well, I'll not gonna post any pics, gonna just say some results/things quickly in brief commentary.

1. In My home town of St. Louis. They only showed older clips of beautiful & gorgeous Down Town St. Louis instead like they do with other states of what it looks like during when a Raw or Smackdown is goin' on live. the crowd was great, they were really into it and very noisy...just like a great Saint Louie crowd always does!

2. It was cool how Rollins was with The Shield and the mockery towards Roman. It was a great match but the DQ of Roman and Seth was just hangin' in there was to keep both men safe so neither one really loses and for what's to come in the future.

3. The Women's Rumble was second, I hate it when it comes early like that. Sasha was first. Melina was second. I found Melina like a total joke and I hate to speak of a babe I used to dig back in the day. She seemed like she was totally out of it and only last a minute or so. Sasha got eliminated earlier on, she didn't even get to meet Charlotte in the ring :roll: I was REALLY, REALLY surprised when Mickie James came out with her classic TNA Hardcore Country song that she made a decade ago! She came out wearing the TNA Impact Knockouts championship and they even said about her status. It was like old times for sec. Ivory came as her Right to Censor gimmick. I hated that thing then and and I hate it especially now. I guess they thought with all of this crap going on in the world right now so in their minds it would be perfect to bring that gimmick back :roll: She just came out talking on the mic and got thrown out right away, what a wasted slot :roll: Kelley Kelly came out and she was unrecognizable, she looked so different. McCool was good. Cameron came back after her brief stint in AEW early last year but I think she only came back for the Sonya DeVille & Naomi feud and it was good. I liked how Ripley was, She's always great and hot and her her fight with Nikki A.S.H. was good with how things are going between the two. Mighty Molly returned and Nikki A.S.H. attacked her and said there's only room for 1 super hero and threw her out...that was great, I loved that! Sarah Logan returned man did she look different. I hope she's back for good and joined the Raiders! The Bellas arrived and I must say, I was a big fan of their's for years till all the drama with them & Brian & Cena...that is just such a turnoff fro Me. Anyway the were decent and Nikki looked nearly as good before she had the kid. The threw out Logan and then Liv and was doin their loser sig, I love that stuff they do, so classic! Charlotte comes in. The RONDA ROUSEY APPEARS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I was like NO :roll: She comes in after being missing from the WWE for all this time with all that drama. Lita is still in there still looks good but she's gone now. Shayna comes out. Brie gets Nikki out as a thing sister revenge for last time and then she's gone. Shayna looks to fight Rhonda, it was a only a tease which I wanted to see that and Ripley and Bianca are gone. Shayna get's got be the Queen and it's just down Flair and Rousey. Rousey get's got and she wins. I was just so disappointed about that and that robbed any potential of stars being redeemed or winning for the first time at anything like Bianca, Ripley or even Liv. What a wasted winning slot :x Nope, Victoria did not show :roll: Where was Trish, Alundra & Alexa

2. Becky vs. Doudrop: Great match. I would prefer they would just kept her as Piper Niven. Anyway, both were good. I loved how aggressive Becky was and her facial expressions...loved it! Becky beat her with a super manhandle slam from the top rope. I thought Piper would be in the women's rumble too but this match happen aft that so no

3. Lesnar vs. Lashley. Amazing Lashley is a babyface even though Lesnar is still being cheered too. It was really good and competitive of two powerhouses. Ref got bumped twice and Roman came in and hit Brock with the Superman punch and mothion Hey to hand him the title and he did and knock Brock out with hit! The Paulrus walked out with Roman, ref wakes up and Lashley pins him 1.2.3. and new champ! the match was great with a questionable climax but hey it it happen after all this time and I'm fine with that!

4. The It Couple The Miz & Marsey vs. The Grit Couple Edge & Beth Phoenix match was fun. My fave match of the night. With everything that was happening with the over the last few weeks, it was really the funnest of all WWE right now. Maryse has been really wild lately and she still hot. I loved how she frankenstein Edge! Though the Grit couple overpowered them and won.

5. The men's rumble ok. No big returns at all. Omos looked great but got eliminated. Johnny Knoxville had is moment with Zayne. There was no miracle from Kofi this time and Big E got eliminated. The last few entries were the ones. Bad Bunny WAS BACK and I hated it :!: His moves looked almost like a pro though. After seeing his ads I thought he;d be in it. Shane O'Mac made a brief appearance. St.Louis's own Randy Orton got a HUGE POP! Then who is number 30...is it a King Woods, a WWF/WWE legend...no it's Brock Lesnar! He comes in eliminates and Shane and F-5's Bad Bunny and gets him out. He also throws Orton out. It down to Lesnar & Drew McIntyre, a rematch from 2020! Drew misses the claymore and Lesnar throws him out and Lesnar won! It was 2 premium events in a row he puts himself in a huge match at the last minute and won both'em :roll:

As both rumbles were won by rumored & last minute entries and both were by former UFC champs...it was very disappointing in the end and I've seen better, 89 - 97 especially :!:

OK PB, I know what your saying. Since WWE has no logic, get's stuck on older talent and since Lesnar has so much pull back stage and it's easy for them to be lazy and put the same old guy there instead building new talent. For once I'd like a woman wrestler to do this. No, I'm not talking about Ronda, she has major pull too, I'm talking about Alundra Blaze or Trish Stratus or somebody that is great caliber and is known in wrestling!

That's My 2 cents for this.

Here is a highlights vid.

A few vids from WWE YT.

like I said, Kelly Kelly is unrecognizable :?

Later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:08 am

Yeah, I suppose it shouldn't have shocked me. I just wish the WWE would do something surprising more often. I suppose Edge winning the Rumble was a nice surprise, but again, who did it really help? Edge was a returning veteran, it didn't help anyone that really needed the rub.

How does Brock even get in the Rumble? I mean, when Becky got in a few years ago at the last minute because Lana was hurt they at least tried to make it make sense, contrived as it was. Lesnar loses and there's a 30th spot still open for the Rumble that night? Logically, it doesn't make any sense. Did he take someone's place? Did he beat someone up backstage or pay them? At least make it make sense.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 am

I know, they lost all logic. None of it makes sense whatsoever. I thought it was gonna be King Woods but nope. And yeah, it helps nobody :o :? :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:24 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:25 am

Gosh, I had no idea that happen :o It happen during the Becky Lynch & Doudrop match... coincidentally it happen around the time when Becky out of nowhere started saying I am "Straight Fire". I was kinda surprised she said that because that was part of her older gimmick and hadn't done for it years now...strange I must say :? Thanks for pointing that out PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Elimination Chamber TONIT

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:44 am

I'm actually kinda excited about it. The men's chamber is going to be really something but I'm sure Lesnar is gonna win. But the last two in the ring I want it to him and Lashley, THEY gotta be then LAST 2! This might be Goldberg's LAST match ever so I gotta watch it close :!: The women's chamber match looks good, I'm actually surprised they have one cause last time they didn't and especially since it's in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I hope Rhea wins, if Liv doesn't then I'm not sure where she'll stand after this. Who know, with all of this hype with Alexa she might pull something off and shock us all :o Seems like they always get these huge matches there but hey, all the better ;) I'd love it if Lita would beat Becky, one of the women that comes back like this is gotta get a huge win and IMO this should be it! Ugh, I can't stand Rousey, Naomi is fine but for once I want Charlotte and DeVille to win but probably not gonna happen. The rest of the matches or OK, doesn't really matter who wins there as long as their good.

Here is the card!

ImageImage
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:20 am

Wow, didn't know they were letting all those women wrestle in Saudi Arabia. I guess that's progress. Will they all have to wear full body suits? I can't get excited for these shows as they're just throwaway expensive house shows. Even with a title change, it just feels so dirty to be doing these shows just because a prince throws millions, and the Rock means millions, of dollars at you. It's kind of whorish. I don't blame them for doing it, but still.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:33 pm

It's a shame Brock probably will win the title, and they keep putting belts on him. Brock is like the modern Andre at this point. He doesn't need a belt to be a main event attraction, he is the attraction. Brock vs Lashley doesn't need a title involved, it could just be two mountains of muscle beating the crap out of each other and draw a big rating. It's why no one else matters, because this time of year nobody else gets a big title push. Where's Big E? Geez, what a plummet for him.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:15 pm

I know, sahme about Big E.

OK, I'm gonna make this short. I thought the whole event just lacked. The last one is Arabia was way better then this, seemed way more solid. Anyway, they put Mysterio and the Miz on the Kickoff! The women were actually fine, I liked how there dress this time. Goldberg looked bad, like OLD bad. He looked great last time against Lashley but not this one, he wasn't much of a fight for Roman and he was put out :roll: I hope he retires this now :roll: Binaca won the women's chamber, I guess Liv is just stuck in that spot :? Lashley didn't even wrestle, got bump in his pod...it was so he could be written off for shoulder surgery and Lesnar broke thru his pod early after that went through everybody very quickly via F5 on all of'em. Lesnar's teh new champ.

Where the heck was their hero Mansoor :?:

The Undertaker is in the Hall of Fame now...they had a huge video package for him...will Kane induct him :?:

So WM will be 2 nights an dteh main event will be Roman vs. Lesnar - Champ vs. Champ and title for title. Are they going to quit the brand split now?

I tell ya, there's something weird going on with Lesnar. I have been thinking about it for a while now. Lesnar has been talking more in the few months he's been back MORE than the rest of his whole career and he's now a comedian, laughing and happy at this and thrilled over that plus he's a babyface and the crowd cheers him...why is he acting like this :?: It's like he's found his second childhood or a juvenile again. I mean its strange. I know he's got so much pull back stage but how in the heck did he?

That's it for this one :|
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT