Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: NXT TakeOver 36 Results!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:39 am

That was a good NXT review. I think the length was pretty good though I did miss that A-Ri vs Cole match :batlol:

I can't watch NXT anymore. There's been too much roster turnover in the last couple years and the guys that are left just aren't that compelling to me in the current presentation. I can't watch it from that little arena. It comes off as small time with that crowd and the boards and everything. It was fine when they had a strong roster and a good sized arena, but now, especially when it was on opposite AEW, it just looks like smallball. It's a shame because they've wasted a lot of the talent they've taken up to the main roster over the last few years anyway.

The WWE treated it like a minor league baseball team. WE have a AAA team here and some years you have a good team, sometimes you don't. A couple years ago they were loaded with future MLB talent, but eventually all that talent goes to the MLB team and you're left with a husk. And that's kind of how WWE treated NXT, and the husk just isn't as fun to watch. It's a shame WWE called NXT the third brand but still treated it like a minor league roster and perception is reality.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:46 am

Thanks Packer, if i do reviews, I'll have it in this format for now on.

OK. Well, when your Vinnie Mac and you hate something you just bring it down and that's what he is doing with NXT. I mean thunk of the stuff they could have done with Bronson Reed and the new huge guy Oddyessy Jones. Imagine the colossal match they could have had. I mean WWE has been lacking big monsters like that for too long and now Jones just lost the break out tournament and they just keep on screwing everything up. Amazing how NXT brought in all that money and attention and Vinnie Mac wants it to be like you said, AAA baseball? It doesn't make sence unless he has some kinda of grudge against HHH...oh but wait, Vinnie said more than once he doesn't hold grudges nor does he have an ego :lol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am

Yes, someone needs to tell Vince he created NXT not Ted Turner so maybe he'd treat it better.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:02 pm

:lol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Extreme Rules is Tonite!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:15 pm

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Extreme Rules Results!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:48 pm

So no visual results, I believe I'm retiring from that sort of thing. Just quick stuff for now on with brief talk & vids.

So Extreme Rules was a good show, it was presented to be epic but there was only 1 match with an extreme stip, amazing how things change, less is more and all of that. Quite pathetic when you watch events of years past:roll: For the average/novice/non biased/entertainment only fan I say it would be ideal for them...huge wrestling fan that really cares about what their watchin', not so much. I must say I guess Bliss is never gonna be champ, I was very thrilled that Sasha returned and wow is she smokin' hot, I love her new attire but the the ending of the Demon Balor match was such a unexpected swerve.

Just watch the vids, most of everything you need to know is there and I'm likein' that Wyatt is goin' by Windham now, I hope he continues too and that everybody knows that he is the nephew of Barry Windham hope in AEW!

So there it is, until next time I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: WWE Crown Jewel is tomorr

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:11 am

Looks to be a decent card, I think there's gonna be some title changes and a couple surprises. I hope Heyman doesn't betray the Bloodlines and Lesanr doesn't win, Roman's got a great thing goin' and I want it to continue. I hope the women can wear their regular attires now instead of those ridiculously long shirts :roll: I'm sure Mansoor is gonna be the hero there as he always is. I hope the Lashley & Goldberg match is decent. I hope ther other stuff is good too. Gonna see it tomorrow on peacock!

By the way, keep in mind, the rosters are officially altered after this event due to the draft :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 pm

I was kind of interested for the first one bit now as a fan I kind of find these offensive that someone with boatloads of money can buy the WWE for a day so I wouldn't watch this even if I had peacock.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:02 am

Actually I thought it was a great event. I loved the Goldberg match. I thought it was done excellently, in fact that alone was worth the price of Peacock IMO. Shame the women had to wear though long shirts...yeah SA's change is really happening. Amazing how that city is, such wealth.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: WWE Survivor Series is To

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:49 pm

Tonite is the WWE Survivor Series, looks like a cool card. The traditional 5 on 5 matches looks good especially the women's one!

There are other matches on Peacock as well tonite but by the way, the match on las week's Friday Night Smackdown, Sasha & Shotzi had a really good & rough match and this feud really has the potential to be a hot one so we'll see how they "get along" tonite as teammates!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT