Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BIB RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Money in the Bank is Toni

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:28 pm

First off, as someone who's written long posts and scoured the web for images and videos, I salute your in-depthness of DoN. Man, it really was a good show that I've watched a couple times (not all at once) again over the last few months. That's the crazy thing about AEW, counting Dynamite and Rampage last night, there have been many episodes I'll watch again just to relive them. I couldn't tell you how many times I rewatched Sting's debuted at Winter is Coming. So many good times. I also couldn't tell you the last time I felt that urge with any WWE product. 20 years, maybe? Hell, I'll often watch the west coast feed when I go to bed on Wednesdays.

Back to DoN, and damn, you've got a ton of images here. I can only imagine the Herculean Hernandez effort you put in to that.

It's a shame we don't get more people commenting on the wrestling content (looking at you, dracula lawyer!).

My takeaways from DoN even though it was months ago. Someone called Serena Deeb the female Bret Hart, and I thought that was a great description. Everything she does is so crisp. There isn't anything wasted with her. I just hope she comes back soon and can stay healthy. Hagman is going to be a star, and I can't wait til he finally wins the belt off Omega because that crowd pop is going to be huge. I was a little disappointed the surprise was Lio Rush, but then I felt guilty for that when he got hurt and retired. It's not that he was a bad surprise, it just wasn't what I was expecting, but at the same time, how much bigger can this roster get and still be good?

Ok, well for me, there's still room for three more in the fire, and hopefully this fire burns starting Friday. Yes? Yes yes yes, bay-bay! (see what I did there?).

But Mark Henry? Mark Henry! I totally didn't see that coming. There was no hint of that on Busted Open radio ever, and I give Sexual Chocolate props for keeping that a secret. I think there was a come down in between matches and I wasn't even looking at the screen at that moment and then Schiavone said "World's Strongest Man" and I just said, No way! MH says his last match will be in AEW and I think someone's gonna get their wigsplit.

The TNT title? Nothing like two big men slapping each other around. Miro is just so good in this role that it's hard to even boo him. What a monster he's become. Just everything he could've been before Cena ruined him and he became a bit of a circus bear (his words, not mine). And I love the clarion trumpets they've recently added to his entrance. Just perfect. I can't wait for CJ Parker to show up.

Britt Baker? Star. Jungle Boy? Star. AEW seems like it can do very little wrong these days.

I don't think the Stadium Stampede was quite as good as the first, but the hot ending in front of the live crowd was unexpected and a cool way to end the show. And Sting?! Holy crap, I almost forgot about Sting. What a return. I wasn't that impressed by the cinematic match they had, I mean, after so many the last year, they're getting tiresome. Nothing can compare to doing live, and the Stinger can still do it live. Props to Men of the Year. Another team of guys that could easily be top card solo acts. So much talent in AEW. What a time to be alive.

All your images brought back a lot of the PPV for me. I wish more people were around here to appreciate the effort.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Thanks PB! Your comments about the matches is really good. I ripped most of those from My copy :o I know I posted a lot but I wanted it grand and epic and I tried to make Lio's surprise entrance...well a surprise. This will probably be My last visual results for a PPV. I like doing it but its too time consuming and interferes with My other projects. I will just talk about the PPVs regardless of fed and may post a a couple pics. I still can't do that WWE like when they had the network since their on Peacock, they fixed that up really swell :roll:

I know, I do too ;) I see several people signed in that i don't even know then they sign off which it kinda frustrating to be honest :x At least you checked it and thanks for that and the whole comment again, I appreciate that so much :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Yeah, man, that seems like a lot of work. Let's just talk PPVs and post a few images if you like. To be honest, 75% of the time the unfamiliar names you see at the bottom are Russian spammers, you just don't see their posts because everyone's first post needs to be approved by a mod before it appears and they are free to post anywhere. I don't even think most of them speak English as their favorite forum is the LEGO forum. If you get a moment just go to the DC LEGO section and look at the number of views difference between the 2015 thread and the rest of that section, lol. I just called out dracula lawyer because he's a personal friend I got to sign up because he's allegedly a big wrestling fan but he hasn't actually posted anything yet.

I'm going to be in Myrtle Beach for SummerSlam, so I won't even bother trying to see it. Not that I'm really that interested in it anyway.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:28 pm

yeah, good idea. I saw the Lego one, I don't think I ever visited that section before :?: Anyway that view number is insane :shock: I didn't know we had spammers, that is so darn rotten :roll: Well of course I'll talk about SummerSlam :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam 2021!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:50 am

Just got the e-mail from Peacock. Its looking good but I think it could be better. I hope Roman beats Cena and Lashley beats Goldberg.

Summer of Cena...can you believe it :?:

Amazing main event, I guess Kross will lose to Joe so he can focus on the main roster?

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam 2021!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:58 pm

I watched WWE SummerSlam this morning, I must say it was an exciting event for the average wrestling fan who just want's to be entertained and doesn't care about the results but if your biased not so much. Here is some of My quick thoughts.

NOTE: Pics are not mine!

KICKOFF Show: I like the match with Big E & Corbin, it was done well. MAIN CARD: Cool RK-BRO got the belts! What was the point of Alexa & Eva? Just to get them on the show? Its amazing how such a cool and unique woman like Eva Marie can be so bland...the situation is a joke! USOs match was so-so.

OK, FOLLOW ME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited for the Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair because I was getting tired of Bianca as champion and Sasha passing the torch to here. So as you seen in My WWE currently topic, you can see how much I'm digging her right now (I've always loved Sasha) with her new hot heel look and upgraded persona (though I did like the great looking & grungy blue & green look as well) and having Carmela & Zelina Vega as her goon-nesses (is that a word or a thing?) which I thought was a clever idea and she is just so hot at the moment.

So at Smackdown Sasha was missing and I didn't know why? So its time for the big match and I'm wondering why is Bianca is coming out first? So Carmela is announced as Sasha's replacement and I'm like what? Why? So I'm thinking oh, Bianca is going to have to through her, then Zelina and then Sasha to prove that she IS the EST of WWE! NOT GONNA HAPPEN because right after Carmela is in the ring here plays BECKLY LYNCH'S music :o I was like oh, she is back. OOOOOKKKK... she enters the right and beats up poor Carmela and suddenly we have a title match with Bianca against Becky and she hits Bianca really hard and perform a new move called man-handler and pins her and BECK IN THE NEW SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMP! I was so disappointed about this! WHY? Because, they had such a good build up for Sasha & Bianca, Becky has been out due to the unforeseen pregnancy for over a year and she comes in, JUMPS THE LINE and beats Belair in seconds for the title. Its such bum-steer...IMO this whole situation a 100 times worse than the Cena & Goldberg scenarios...WWE has no logic nor pro wrestling tradition and they lost that almost two 2 decades ago :x

I expect Jinder Mahal to lose against Drew McIntyre, of course one of your better talents is a loser :roll:

Charlotte Flair wins the title again...Nikki A.S.H. and Rhea Ripley (one faves and one of the hottest and funnest women in the whole company IMO) just can't get a head despite how great they are but this was a great match.

The Edge vs. Seth Rollins was the best match of the whole night. I love the Brood Edge, sent Me back in time somewhat of the all-time greatest thing IMO from the Attitude era but really, how many young people actually knew what they were witnessing and what this actually meant? I mean if they weren't around the Attitude era and just check it out on YT for the first time then they are completely missing how it really was then!

The Goldberg vs. Bobby Lashley was surpingly more physical that I thought it was gonna be. the climax as kinda bittersweet but I believe this rivalry is gonna continue due to Goldberg's son's involvement.

The Roman leaves WWE situation came out of nowhere for Me but he beat the Hollywod sellout Cena in a fantastic match! BROCK LESNAR arrives with his new rough look! I love that look and he F-5s Cena and has a stare down with Roman. This a gonna be a good fued and I'm looking forward to this but again, WWE drops the ball so hard again because once again we DON'T get Lesnar & Lashley...WHY? I wanted this since Lashley return...will it ever happen? Oh and by the way, it just wasn't Glodberg & Cena as to why they released a majority of the NXT/205 roster, it was be because of Lesnar too! Release a couple dozen for 3...makes real sense :? :roll:

BONUS: Yeah, promote those Olympians here so you can destroy their names and careers when they turn pro and join the WWE. The Up song by Cardi B. Amazing that this song was originally for a WWE Live/house show commercial a few months prior when they were hyping the crowds are coming back. And what is so great about this song and others like it? People actually listen to this generic stuff? It sounds so bland and so uninspiring IMO. WWE keeps on choosing this pathetic type and like them, apparently this generation has no clue of what REAL music was in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s!

So I thought SummerSlam 2021 was good. Like I said in the beginning. on Friday, the CM Punk return in AEW was so much better the Becky return here and this event doesn't even come close to competing against WWE's SummerSlam from 88 - the Attitude era especially the ones in 92 & 95!

So soon I 'm gonna watch NXT Takeover 36 and see how it is. I will have My thoughts about that in time :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam Results!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:45 am

I didn't watch WWE this weekend, I refuse to pay for Peacock with what they're doing to NXT, but I saw a few of the highlights, so here's some observations.

It's sad they fired Bray, and not only gave Alexa his gimmick, but then they give Brock his look?

I don't get jobbing Bianca out to Becky in seconds. I don't care for Bianca, really, that's unfair, I'm just so disinterested in the product that I really don't care about anyone, but I don't know why you would punk her out like that after they built her up all year. I look at AEW this past week, and the young guys either went over, or lost and got over. Then you look at SummerSlam and it's like you couldn't just have Becky show up? I don't know if it was reaction panic to Punk, or the plan all along, but people are calling Becky Lady Lesnar now, and that "match" didn't reflect well on either wrestler. Especially since Becky left as the Raw champ. I guess Fox gets what Fox wants, but ugh, more Charlotte on Raw. Meh. Three hours of dreck.

Crap like Drew-Jinder shouldn't be on the card, the damn PPVs are long enough, cut some of the crap out. What a fall for Drew, from main event to horrible midcard feuds. Yet another guy that had a cool vibe for a bit that the WWE ruined.

I thought it was hilarious fans were cheering for Goldberg getting squashed and his kid getting put out. Maybe WWE will learn something here, but they won't. Goldberg will probably win the title because some Saudi Prince threw Vince a bag full of blood money.

Judging by John Cena's tweet today, he's off and away again. Would've been nice if they could've used that spot to get someone else over, but it's the WWE, so they never will. Okay, grunts, go out there and work your asses off the next couple of months until we bring some part-timers back to take the big payouts.

Michael Cole needs to shut the hell up once in a while. I hate that the WWE has to have their announcers yelling when someone shows up. I look at the Punk return where the announcers said very little vs Becky and Brock where the announcers slobbered all over the mics and yelled and yelled. It's annoying. Shut up and let people just watch the moment.

At least Brock vs Roman is something we've never seen before,

Adam Cole needs to run to AEW. The Bucks are already studying seances on their twitter bio.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: SummerSlam Results!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:50 am

I agree with most what you said PB but I like Mahal, I think he is a good talent and makes a great villain but like Drew, he is very misused and not doing what they can. Yes, Adam Cole needs to get out before he goes to the main roster and becomes nothing! Yes, FOX DOES...believe Me! LOL about Crown Jewel and I wouldn't doubt it. I thought Cena would leave probably go back to China. I know, sometimes I get sick of Michael Cole and yes there is huge difference comparing WWE & AEW's commentator because Vinnie Mac is screaming in Cole's ears...A LOT...I don't know if you know that.

OK here s My thoughts on the NXT Takeover 36 and I'm gonna make'm short.

KICK Off: Good match but basically a squash. The new comer from 205 live Trey Baxter gets his shot at a Takeover. I regularly watched Ridge Holland on NXT UK. He came out with Pete Dunne. If he is used right, Ridge got on the mic and want T-Thatch! I think Ridge could easily be NXT's Brock Lesnar IMO.

MAIN CARD:

Million Dollar Champion L.A. Knight vs. Cameron Grimes: I really like this whole build and really it was a fun storyline that keeps both men look like top guys. I have always loved Ted Dibiase and his Million Dollar belt and while it is impossible to duplicate those great times of the past, this is still a very exciting program. This was a good one and the ending was I thought was very proper because per the stipulation I could never see the MDM a butler! So thanks to shanigans from Dibiase and Grimes, the babe ref didn't see the interference and Grimes is the new Million Dollar champ!

NXT Women's Champion Raquel Gonzalez vs. Dakota Kai: Shame the women don't get to main event. So another type of match that is like an alternate blast from the past. I find this like Shawn Michaels vs. his former bodyguards like Sycho Sid and Big daddy Cool Kevin "Diesel" Nash waych back in the great 90s but this time its women! Dakota even calls Raquel "Big Momma Cool"! Raquel looked good as usual but Dakota's hair style made her look kinda weird and I really like Dakota, I thinks she's really good, the color is fine but I wasn't a fan of this hair style. So it was a great match, the women in NXT are some of the best ever even on this version of the current roster. Kai was able to handle the much larger opponent really well and there were times I thought she was gonna win but after a failed helluva kick in the corner and a super chokeslam later Gonzalez pins her for the 1-2-3.! Her celebration didn't last long however because the former longest reigning Women's NXT UK champ Kay Lee Ray aka KLR came out but her appearance was really bittersweet because they cut it off and quickly went to ads and didn't talk about it again :x Its an awful habit WWE has been doing for a long time now and I still find it very frustrating to say the least :roll:

Ilja Dragunov vs. NXT UK Champion VVALTER! There is a lot of NXT UK present on this card here and that side of NXT is arguably My favorite of the two. So if anybody didn't see their previous match, it was one of the most brutal matches I have ever seen that used no weapons. VVALTER is undefeated (I don't count that horrible Survivor Series loss) and has been champ for nearly 1000 days! He is one of My faves of all in WWE. So the match was almost as violent as the previous one. In around 20 minutes, I was absolutely shocked when Ilja got VVALTER in a submission and he TAPPED OUT!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE :shock: He was down for good and Ilja Dragunov is your new NXT UK champion and he steps RIGHT ON HIM showing the belt to the fans!

Alex Reilly vs. Adam Cole: A 2 out of 3 falls with each one having a stipulation. Kyle pins Cole strait up! Cole beats the heck out Kyle in the street fight! The cage lowers and rage and brutality started in the Final Disputed match! Cole handcuffs Kyle but he manages to get Cole in a tight leg submission hold and Adam Cole TAPS OUT!!!!!!!! Kyle wins the feud! I couldn't believe it. Another shocking tap out back to back! So I hope Cole doesn't go to the main roster because it's more than likely Vinnie Mac will treat him like he nothing and not like not HBK from 92 - 96. He should ask for his release and go to AEW where he can be with the Elite!

Samoa Joe vs. NXT Champion Karrion Kross: OK, I have some really big issues with this one. 1. Samoa Joe is forbidden to wrestle and released months prior. 2. He returns as backup for Lord Regal's aid during Kross causing havoc everywhere. 3. Kross is suddenly on RAW for weeks WITHOUT Scarlet and his great entrance is so toned down and pathetic (IMO Kross has the greatest entrance of all-time) and loses against Jeff Hardy doing a heel move who is a babyface mind you! 3. After "provoked" Joe begs Regal to make him a in ring competitor again and he grants it and his is granted the match and its for the title...in Joe's FIRST MATCH BACK!! So it happens, it becomes a great physical match, You can tell Kross is having a hard time with Joe but Joe has big ring rust and he is also heavier too. Many times Kross was threaten that he couldn't get to the ropes when Joe got the holds on him. So a big fight in the corner and Joe get's the muscle buster on Kross and he is out and down for the count. Samoa Joe is the NEW NXT Men's CHAMP! So Kross has been completely downgraded and loses to somebody who has hasn't wrestled in over a year...this to Me is as radically deplorable as the Becky Lynch deal! I know its Joe but come on, Kross beat everybody including 4 others in a fatal five way...did they forget that?

Phantasma had a tiny interview backstage about Hit Row but that was it. So as with SummerSlam it was a great show for the average person who wants to be entertained but if you actually care who wins they you maybe upset at this. With exceptions I welcome new champions but since apparently HHH has lost power in NXT and and that doesn't help WWE's no logic situation, NXT is just not the same as it once was. Since Vinnie Mac hates NXT, you can tell it has been completely treated as a farm brand and not a major brand as it was thought to originally be, NXT is stuck in the CWC and will no longer be at major arenas & stadiums like before the pandemic hit...I mean there would be 4 Takeovers on the same weekend as the 4 big main roster events...I miss that and thanks to Vinnie Mac we may not get that fun back for a long time to come :x

Packer, let Me know your thoughts on all of this and do you like how I made this much shorter than Me Visual results? I need your feedback dude ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: NXT TakeOver 36 Results!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Jinder when he''s used rightly as a heel. I was pro-Don't Hinder the Jinder when they were trying to take the belt off him for Cena, but the whole Drew-Jinder feud with swords and tipped over bikes was just so dumb and a waste of everyone's time. I was listening to Ron Funchess the other day on Busted Open and I don 't remember if he was talking about himself or a friend, but he said something about watching Raw and suddenly realizing it wasn't meant for him but for kids, and I guess that's what the feud was for. Only, my ten year old caught part of it as I flipped channels and saw Drew with a sword and said that it was "so dumb". But I guess that's what WWE is going for. No ore "Indie wrestlers" and back to putting lame gladiators masks to hopefully sell some toys and leaving AEW for the adults. Maybe a decent strategy in the very long term, but I've basically given up watching WWE except for highlights. It didn't work vs WCW in the mid-90s so why would it work now? Only WWE has money coming out it's ears now, so it probably doesn't care. Remember, Vince makes movies not professional wrestling. Personally, I'll take professional wrestling.

Speaking of "professional" wrestling, how about Nia Jax, though? It's a miracle she hasn't seriously injured anyone yet. That match with Charlotte, woof.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: NXT TakeOver 36 Results!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:50 am

I know, they are seem so childish on screen and I'm kinda sick of it, if only the general public only know how it really is behind the scenes, thing would be really. really different, believe Me.

Yea, but she did serious injure Kairi Sna and a few others a while back. Nia is becoming something else though, have you seen how she has been shaking her big booty acting sexy and doing moves like a female Rikishi? Seems like she is kinda horny or changing or something? Whatever it is I hope she escalates it cause I'm kinda liking it now becaise really I kinda found bland. I having nothing against her size, she is fine that way and and let's face it, a woman like her should be dominant over any other woman even a Charlotte Flair type. WWE needs a monster female and I think she's it, let's just keep it up and if she becomes a sexy one then fine by Me ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT