Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: Survivor Series Moments!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: Wrestlemania Moments

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:42 am

BONUS: Since these really do not fit within this topic I will just add the pics of them. It was huge for Tyson at WM 14 in 98. There was some cool moments from then on but IMO it just got staled with Austin, The Rock, Mr. McMahon and the Corporation (WCW had their staleness with the nWo too so they get a thumbs down as well) but by WM 17 wrestling was all over as we knew it because the Monday Night Wars was done & dusted as WCW & ECW was purchased and taken-over by the WWF which they acknowledge that by having Mean Gene & Bobby Heenan join each other one last time. It was the darkest time ever in wrestling if you were a major fan of WCW and ECW like I was :roll: When the smoke cleared and it getting quite frustrating how the WWF would use the great talents of WCW & ECW, it was apparent that it wasn't gonna be the same as it was before :roll: It was super fun when the nWo was brought back one more time in 2002 (20 years ago this year!) and crashed in on The Rock's car and feuded with him and had one of the best main events since WM 12. It was great with the stare & showdown with him & Hollywood Hogan but really at WM18, this was last actual good moment of classic times as we were getting further into the 2000s and very slowly we would be headed into the dreaded era that we are in now :roll:

Wow, that's it. There's My Wrestlemania moments from 85 to 2002, if yo didn't see the beginning of this WM special then please go to it before you go any further. I hope you liked it. We'll see what come up with next later ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Wrestling: WWF & WCW - 1990 - 1995: Survivor Series Mome

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:47 am

So it's Thanksgiving, it just turned to Turkey Day only a few short hours ago. I wanted to briefly talk about what this day meant for Me decades ago...it meant WWF SURVIVOR SERIES :!: WWE's Survivor Series: War Games is THIS Sunday which expect a big preview from Me about that in time. Now here is some things from 3 different SS that I was thinking about as they have always been super special to Me (if you have been regularly following Me and reading what I say then you'll know why) :batsmile:

The very first was WWF Survivor Series 87. I have said before how today's product's conditions us to "never mind or forget" the past and I am not a fan of that whatsoever. I have said many times how they say how huge this & that guy is like Otis & Strowman, the only one that really fits this generation's way of thinking is Omos as he truly is enormous but Satnam Singh isn't far behind him. I mean they act like there wasn't many big guys before them. Paul Wight seems quite dense at times since he's been in AEW but he does acknowledged the big men once in a blue moon. I mean their not teaching this generation the past at all (it's just not wrestling, its EVERYTHING!). I mean the 80s & early 90s had so many like Andre the Giant, El Gigante/Giant Gonzales, Big John & Big Ron Studd, Diesel/Kevin Nash, Sid, PN News, The Natural Distasters, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, The One Man Gang/Akeem, Kamala, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bastion Booger, Mantaur, The Colossal Kongs, Abdullah the Butcher, The Squat Team, Vader and of course Yokozuna as well as many others :!: I really hate how this is being ignored and darn near forgotten :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Take a gender at this match for instance just for a few minutes and LOOK at the size of ALL OF THESE GUYS...how in the heck can you disregard this big man haven :? :?: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here is 2 vids (they are altered due to copyrights) of 2 of My all-time fave Survivor Series events. 89 was THE one green-lighted Me loving this stuff and it becoming My love day in, day out for decades :!: Sports was still sports and seeing this (especially the original version), hearing Jim Johnston's great theme and Vinnie Mac announcing (this is arguably the best he ever did!) all the teams is so exciting. It was from such a better & simpler time when Social Media didn't exist, you could actually have long conversations of what just happen instead of everything being rushed everywhere tweeting with one sentence or just a couple words. It was such a great time that I really, really miss. I love how he says ZEUS (if you saw My No Holds Barred and others in PB's movie trailers then you already knew that :) Watch this great intro of the WWF Survivor Series 89 :!:

Basically same thing here though it was becoming the 90s which if your like Me then you had a feeling things were changing so watch this great WWF Survivor Series 90 intro! I loved how he says about Warriors & The Perfect Team and saying all of the members of The Legion of Doom & Demolition as well :batsmile:

INTERESTING NOTES:

Here is a quote from My Vintage Action Figure Topic, if you never seen My great topic then head on over there, I have tons of content including My complete one of My Visionaries seen below :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:SPECIAL BONUS GALLERY!

For a long time back in the day and even well pass it, I always pretended that Arzon & Leoric were like the WWF's Jacques & Raymond The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers :o

WHAT :o :? :?: What in the blazes is this :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: So 1987 came and went and 1990 arises to a whole new decade of promise. Hasbro's Visionaires has sadly already been a forgotten property, LJN folds and the WWF Superstars of Wrestling along with'em and is taken over by Acclaim. Hasbro now get's the WWF action figure licence and at the WWF 1990 Survivor Series there was an awesome team comprised of team captain "The Model" Rick Martel, The Warlord and "The Mighty" Hercules & "Pretty" Paul Roma of Power & Glory and what was their team name :? Why it was THE VISIONAIRES :smhuh: :batconfused: :wwlol: I don't know how many people saw and noticed then it then or even now because I don't recall anybody ever talking about this strange coincidence :?:

At the WWF WWF Survivor Series 89, Akeem was replaced by Bad News Brown...

Survivor Series 89 - 1.jpg

At the WWF Survivor Series 90, Bad News Brown would be replaced by a Mystery Partner... that would be The Undertaker which would truly changed of what gimmicks were possible to have in wrestling I mean if you can have an undead grave digging outlaw you can have any kind of persona and boy would the future prove that :?: :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blmm:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Mean Mark & The Undertaker: Around the time of WM6, he said to Me, Hydester, wouldn't it be something that if there would be a wrestler called "The Undertaker" :?: I don't remember My response, I think I said something like yep it would be. Well, months later at the WWF Survivor Series 1990 (which was huge) the mystery partner for Ted Dibiase would be named "The Undertaker" :? He flipped out and so did Me & MiMi. If that wasn't enough he was Mean Mark Callous and we're like that'a Mean Mark from WCW...it was surreal at the time and I remember how it was and still can't believe that My Grandpa PoPo said this, it's like he either knew without knowing it or somebody heard him and took his idea :o :? :?: :batconfused: :smhuh: :wwhuh:

During this great time in November I was at My Mom's boyfriend Jasper's Family's house for Thanksgiving and I was talking to his Nephews cause they were big fans too and We were talking about who the Mystery Partner could be...this was a special time never to be repeated but I am quite thankful for this moment :)

Survivor Series 90 - 1.jpg

Back then I thought that the Gobbledy[ Gooker was OK and really I think it still is. Too bad people this day are still harsh about it :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: It was built up fine and hyped up far better than most of today's angles. MLB and other sports have their mascots, why couldn't wrestling :?:

There was also at WWF Survivor Series 90 a special "Grand Finale Match of Survival" which was a three-on-five Survivor Series elimination match that featured the survivors from the previous matches. I really loved this and I thought it was a tremendous concept that was so apropos to be the last match of the entire card. This was the first, last and the only one that ever took place, I've been bummed about that ever since then :roll:

Survivor Series 90 - 2.jpg

So there is a load of other great moments of WWF Survivor Series and I have pointed some of them out on the first page with a ton of other great stuff from the other events as well. Until next time :scbat:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:18 pm

I think the negativity to this Gobbledygooker was because of Wrestlecrap, this wrestling comedy critic site that made fun of old gimmicks, angles and the like. Also that was Hector Guerrero. Later Pete Rose.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:33 am

Your so right Acid ;) Oh yes, I know Wrestlecrap well. They have their moments but for the most part they hurt wrestling and the fans then people that never really saw it TV ooriginally believe a them instead of seeing the actual event of how it was :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Yes, I knew who played him. Thanks a lot Acid :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT