Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

R.I.P. Jason David Frank AKA MMPR Green Ranger/White Ranger

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

R.I.P. Jason David Frank AKA MMPR Green Ranger/White Ranger

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:49 pm

Rest in Peace, Jason David Frank. AKA Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Green Ranger and White Ranger, Turbo Red Ranger, Zeo Red Ranger and Dino Thunder Black Ranger. I met him a couple times at conventions. He was always a really nice chatty fellow even if you didn't buy anything. He was a big part of my childhood for sure.

RIP September 4, 1973 - November 19, 2022

Jason-David-Frank-Power-Rangers-thatgrapejuice-2022-dead-green-white-600x338.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Jason David Frank AKA MMPR Green Ranger/White Ran

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:47 am

Gosh, I just saw this. I loved the Power Rangers, there isn't enough talk about them here. He was a great talent. He was My fave Ranger of all and I loved it when he became the White Ranger. He was also in other stuff. He was still young too and was still a great fighter I mean the guy was as legit as they come. Remember when he challenged CM Punk in 2014 :?:

That's cool that you met him more than once and that he was a nice guy Acid :) Oh I'm sure he was a big part of your childhood, what kid back then wouldn't like him :?: May he rest in peace :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:08 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Gosh, I just saw this. I loved the Power Rangers, there isn't enough talk about them here. He was a great talent. He was My fave Ranger of all and I loved it when he became the White Ranger. He was also in other stuff. He was still young too and was still a great fighter I mean the guy was as legit as they come. Remember when he challenged CM Punk in 2014 :?:

That's cool that you met him more than once and that he was a nice guy Acid :) Oh I'm sure he was a big part of your childhood, what kid back then wouldn't like him :?: May he rest in peace :(

Same here, buddy. I was pretty shocked when I saw it on my news feed. I didn't even want to believe it. First Kevin Conroy and now JDF. Feels like my childhood is dying right before my eyes but I guess this happens to all of us when we get older.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:21 am

i was think the same thing, KC then him :roll: Are you gonna put a small tribute up on the header like you did Kevin Conroy for Jason David Frank :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:59 pm

I actually did but I don't think it updated properly. Maybe try emptying the cache?
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Actually I just needed to refresh the page apparently. Looks really good there Acid :batsmile: :wwsmile: :smsmile:

Here is one of his quotes
If you're an enemy, I would love for you to be a fan, because I don't like enemies.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:56 pm

Yeah, wasn't that after some nut tried to assassinate him at a Con? He was top tier.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:22 am

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:12 pm

Man that was sad news. Everything I hear about JDF is nothing but nice things and I saw him at a con a few times but was kind of nervous about going up to him. Glad to hear he was a really much loved guy. I know he had some beef with the guy who played Red Ranger but most of that was water under the bridge after that guy tried to kill JDF. I like Punk a lot but for sure JDF would have gotten the W on him. Not sure if Punk was just cutting a promo on him but they seemed pretty cordial before.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to General Discussions