Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Gabe's Stores

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Gabe's Stores

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Anyone ever here of this chain? They're apparently from the Virginia area. They're opening up in my area and were compared to TJMaxx, just curious if it's something I should be excited about from an action figure perspective or not.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Gabe's Stores

Postby Tango X » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Oh yeah especially if you're a fan of those wooden words that take up space on a shelf that say words like LOVE or HOME.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:14 pm

What about JOY?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:57 pm

LOL!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:08 am

Dude, I say this...if they got action figures and If you are sick and tired of Wal-Marts and net shopping and wanna have an old fashion toy hunt like way back in the good ol'days when there were small stores that had things that the big stores didn't have then he'll yeah you should be very excited dude :shock:

I am saying this because I miss the those days of small or other stores that is not of a famous chain. I could go on further of stores that have been out of business for many, many years and from time to time it really makes Me sad and mad at the same time.

I hope this helps dude :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:04 pm

Due to this pandemic they never opened up Ollie's in my area last november like they were supposed to. Hopefully they will still plan on opening down here.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 pm

You didn't miss much with Ollie's. They had virtually nothing interesting this Christmas besides those Luke Cage/ Night Nurse sets, and since Christmas the ones around here haven't gotten anything better. Really just about all the discount chains were a disappointment this year.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:15 pm

I wish I had stores like this around my parts....we only have Target, Wally World and my LCS
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm

No TJMaxx, Marshall's, Ross? No phone, no lights, no motor cars?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:38 pm

lol
gilligan.jpg
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to General Discussions