Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:13 pm

One stop for all your wrestling.

Now, I never really watched the show Coach, I may've saw part of an episode here and there back in the day, but I couldn't tell when I last watched it. IFC started airing episodes recently, and I randomly started watching one and had the realization that Dauber (I wouldn't have even known his name before today as I just new Craig Nelson and Jerry Van Dyke really) is the actor who would go on to be the voice of Patrick on Spongebob. I had no idea until today.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:01 am

Yes it sure was, gosh that was sweet :) Those were good clips.

Here's this great KDNL Channel 30 Commercial Promos from 1985 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:08 pm

Oh, a lot of shows I used to watch. I never did get into the old war and western black and white shows, but my dad watched them occasionally.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:34 am

That's good that you & your Dad watched some of'em. That was some Drew there :shock: Here's this 1992 Flex-all Commercial with Joe Namath :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:45 pm

Ah Broadway Joe, I remember a lot of those commercials back in the day. Something a little longer for the weekend...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:09 am

The Morton Downey Jr. Show was great, now that beats so much that is on now, they don't make'em like that anymore IMO. I've never seen that episode though. How about that, I just showed you the same NWA promoter the other day :shock: I didn't know that stuff till the Internet. By time 96 came about I knew that stuff and changed the way I saw wrestling, but I never lost interest in it even though I knew how it worked. Amazing that was in 1988, see once again the info is in the past...you just gotta look for it as it's already there :o

Here's the iconic moment with Morton and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 5 in 1989, 35 years ago this year. My Grandma loved this and I though it was good too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:01 am

Morton Downey shows were always pretty crazy. I'd never seen that one either, pretty funny they all went kayfabe on Jim Wilson and acted like he was lying about everything, lol.

We haven't done a Community in a while...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:40 am

How about that. Yes and Thunderbolt Paterson was there, he was just in the WWE HOF this year :shock: That was a very crazy Community too :o

Here's Jarrell's Black Barbershop & Beauty Salon. He was around in the 1980s but then he went out but I never knew how :roll: He had amazing hours, he was open from 8 AM til Midnight just about everyday :o In this fantastic commercial he's right in front of the Gateway Arch in East St. Louis, Illinois, that is so cool :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:35 pm

You can tell that's an 80s commercial just by the amount of product in their hair, lol. Reminds of Darryl Jenks in Coming to America.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:10 am

Yes indeed, so cool. That was some Home Improvement. I just found out that James Earl Jones has died at age 93, may the original voice of Darth Vader Rest in Peace :(

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions