Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 13, 2024 8:07 am

Yes it was a good concept. If you have a chance to see it, watch it, it's pretty good, I believe Tubi has it on now :)

I never seen that that SW Lego trailer. What twist & turns there. A very different version of The Duel of the Fates plus AT-ATs becoming the Gorilla Walkers and Darth Jar Jar...holy crap :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:41 pm

Probably should've saved this for Halloween, but since I was doing Travolta movies, this was actually his first film...albeit a minor role. I've never seen this movie though it has a really impressive cast.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 14, 2024 7:55 am

There's plenty more Travolta movies out there ;) How about that about Travolta :shock: I never seen that either. It does a have big cast in it. 70's horror artwork & movies were very cool which this movie has excellent makeup and atmosphere. Talk about spoiling the ending :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I'm surprised that Anton Lavey was in it :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 am

I recall seeing the previews of Moneyball but never seen it. When you posted Michael the other day I was like oh that reminds Me of the other film that Travolta was in the big movie year of 1996...Phenomenon :!: I thought it was a very good movie :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:20 pm

That came out when I was a senior in high school. Back then if Travolta or Bruce Willis had a new movie, I'd usually go see it in the theater. Until Battlefield Earth, at least.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 16, 2024 6:57 am

I see which that is cool. I never knew about Gamebox 1.0. That looked very interesting there especially since Danella Fishel & Patrick Kilpatrick is in it :shock: From what I recall when I saw it is 2000, Battlefield Earth wasn't as bad as people make it to be, there is far, far worse movies than that. I thought it was pretty exciting. My biggest gripe about it was that Richard Tyson wasn't the hero and wasn't in it that much like he should have been :roll:

The score was decent too by decent composer Elia Cmiral :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:38 pm

I think if it came out a few years later, but the effects weren't that great, and Travolta just seemed like an odd choice. I'd never heard of Game Box either, it looked like an interesting idea, but kind of a low budget.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 am

Yes, maybe. Yes it was an odd choice. Oh budget really never matters to Me, as long as the effort is there and it's exciting :)
I never seen Nobody `s Fool before.
Here's this John Travolta movie...Domestic Disturbance that came out in 2001 with Vince Vaughn & Teri Polo. I thought that this was a very good film :)

It has an excellent score by Marc Mancina whom did Twister in 96 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 pm

I never actually saw that. After Battlefield Earth I kid of soured a bit on Travolta films.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions