Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: The Revenge

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:56 am

Oh do so, you'll love it, I have seen it countless times and you'll want to see it over again too PB!

Ah yes, the Night Stalker was a terrific show, My Grandma loved him. Yes, Disney had some great spooky moments in them days :)

Back to USA during the days of Up All Night and Fright Night there was a totally awesome Werewolf TV show. Me & My Grandparents watched it till they cancelled it. It was so great! I loved the main character's girlfriend, the Werewolf Hunter and Chuck Connors was in it too! Gosh it was so good during these times :) Ever see this classic before :?:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:40 am

I never knew that show existed. First year of Fox TV had a wolf, lol.

Always dug this cartoon because I remember having the Talk to Me book. Remember those?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:06 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:03 am

That's some great stuff there. Darn, you never knew about USA's Werewolf :o I may elaborate on that later :batsmile:

Don't forget that I showcased My Fisher-Price Disney Movie Viewer with Lonesome Ghosts and on the same page I posted My huge Gremlins presentation too :batsmile: Only PB has said something about.

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-230.html?hilit=Madballs

IMPORTANT: OK PB, I watched that Boogieman episode of Quantum Leap. I watched it on Peacock instead however. They have the WHOLE SERIES ON THERE :o You did know they rebooted the series right :?: They got that too :shock:

Anyway here is My brief take on it. This was My first one I ever saw. I remember the series being advertised on TV especially USA during WWF Prime Time Wrestling in the early 90s and even through Monday Night Raw during 93 and years after that possibly even on Sci-Fi and so on. When I started to play the Boogie Man episode, right away I got the old classic feeling of late 80s/early 90s TV, a feeling that so lacks with today's stuff. The theme music is by Mike Post who's done a lot like Law & Order's most episodes so I knew how his style goes. The actual score by Velton Ray Bunch is very good as he's done a lot of stuff too like Star Trek episodes. Another thing I liked was the spooky sound effects and howling wind. I have always loved that. It can be as important as music especially when we're dealing with horror :blww: Now since I didn't know much of the story or what the series really is about, the prologue & intro helped a novice so I got the drift of most of the crucial parts of the series to know what is happening in the episode. It had Me going for a while about the mystery and so forth. I loved the Black Cat, he reminded Me so much of My own that I had at this time in 1990, I miss him so much :( Scott Drakula :lol: was the same old as before, he's one of those actors that really never changes no matter what he's in. Dean Stockwell is kinda like that too but their both good, I have always liked him. I was kinda surprised at the climax with the Stephen King scenario. the sets and everything looked fine too. Overall the episode was fun. I'm not sure If I'd want to get involved with the series, for one I have so much to do and there isn't enough time in a day for it all. Thanks for bringing My attention to this PB :blbat:

NOTE: As you know I have posted some Stephen King stuff, I just watched the episode yesterday morning and I had no clue with the King homages within the epidsode...what is going on here PB :? :?: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Ah, I'm so glad you watched it. The nice thing about Quantum Leap was most of the episodes are self-contained. Sam leaps into someone and has to do something before he can leap again, so you can really watch most episodes without seeing the previous. It's a pretty good show but there's no need to watch the whole series unless you really want to. There are some other cool holiday episodes, and ones where he leaps into Lee Harvey Oswald. I'd loved that show when it was on originally.

I just think that Halloween episode is really fun. The special effects are a bit dated, but the story is interesting, especially the reveals at the end. Obviously, not being overly familiar with the show you wouldn't catch the small differences with Al's behavior, but to be honest, neither did I the first time I watched it, and I was a regular viewer. But I think they did a nice job of not calling attention to them so when there's the reveal at the end, it's like an ah-ha moment, and then the next time you see it you're like, oh yeah, Al doesn't walk through the door, lol. It's pretty clever and well-disguied.

The new series is also really good. I didn't have high expectations for it, but I'm really enjoying it. It's directly connected to the original series and I'm fully expecting a Scott Dracula (lol) appearance at the end of the season. But whereas the original Quantum Leap was 95% about what was happening in the past, the new series has a lot about the current group working on the project now and the main character who leapt into the past. It's got an over-arching mystery of why he did so, that's being drawn out over the season which has added to the show It's really good. Again, I don't think you have to have watched the original series religiously to enjoy the new series so you may want to check it out if you love shows about past times. It's even got Ernie Hudson!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:47 am

Yep I did ;) Thanks for the info there and I see what you mean. When I saw 666 and that stuff I knew they were leading down a darker path in the show. Gosh, Ricardo Montalbon & Roddy Mcdowall there! Glad you like the new show too.

That SNL was ok. Rosanna Arquette always looked good yet always looked so mature. Lovitz as the Devil. Dang, Phil Hartman with white hair yet again :lol: Cool PB ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:59 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:15 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:18 am

All of that was great. The Home Improvement was cute. I loved the Cooper video. Oh Seinfeld at his best. I sometimes watch Junkman vids but he can be crucial at times. I really didn't know how much licenses they had. Amazing they had Sectaurs :shock: That was great they had Alien, I would have loved that when I was a youngster :batsmile:

I believe in Ghosts and know their real. You can think what you think. Maybe I'll tell My experiences in My Cryptozoology topic. Go do what Vincent Price said then again you better not :?

OK, well since we're on the subject on seeing ghosts. Have you seen the classic film 13 Ghosts :?: I have many times, you cannot talk about Halloween & spooky stuff without William Castle and this superb movie. The concept of the film PREDATES THEY LIVE by nearly 3 decades and was one of the LAST classic horror films ever :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:18 pm

I have a few personal ghost tales I could tell. Nothing amazing or crazy, but a few curious incidences. Maybe I'll tell them before or on Halloween.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions