Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:20 pm

Ugh, don't remind me. Had to wake up at 7 to take my son to baseball practice and it was still dark. And now it's snowing so...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:28 am

Oh man, that's :roll: How about Winkler the Fonz :shock:

Next up for K-SHE 95 is The Doors :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:56 pm

The Doors were a band I got more into in my 30s. I normally couldn't care less about the Oscars, and I would never actually watch them, but I did have a little vested interest this year. And this clip is actually pretty good for a couple reasons.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:06 am

Well that's good. It was something seeing "The Twins" Arnold & Danny back together. Keaton looked like he was out of it or something :batsmh: I'm glad Godzilla Minus One won something. It's about darn time Godzilla is getting attention..took long enough :roll:

Yeah, seeing the clips of the Oscars was bad enough with John Cena going naked while kids that looks up to is "really seeing him now"..that was so humiliating...I couldn't believe that, I didn't find that funny at all :roll:

We watched the Oppenheimer documentary & movie last week on Peacock and My Mom liked the documentary more than the film and really so did I. I knew the film was going to win most of the Oscars I mean it was so obvious that Pacino didn't even read the opponents :o :wwsmh: :smsmh:

And so that means of course John Williams loses again :roll: He hasn't won since 92 with Schindler's List...back in 99 he wasn't even nominated for Star Wars Episode 1's score and that means they completely dropped the ball on Duel of the Fates :o With the being said, the movie score was always THE most important part of the Oscars for Me that so few paid attention to and it was always the one that's overshadowed by everything else and it's always the shortest one too. These women said it good though. Still people don't realize how crucial a soundtrack & score can be for any movie...like I said before, it can make or brake a film. Here's Ludwig Göransson's good very short speech and you should be happy PB, remember his first score was for Community :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:30 am

Normally I wouldn't even watch or post an Oscar award speech, but I thought the lead up by DeVito and Arnold (and a person in the crowd) made the clip worth sharing. Plus, Minus One is such a good movie. I want to find the black and white version and watch it again. It was so deserving considering how low their budget was compared to some of the big US movies that had way more money to spend.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:51 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:47 am

Yeah and that they were both Batman villains and Bruce Wayne is in the crowd :batshock: Yes, you don't always need a big budget to make a good movie. That's kinda why I prefer independent films over blockbuster films. I did not now about a Black & White Version of Godzilla Minus One...that's pretty cool PB ;) Oh yes, the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, still one of My favorites, just not because of Mario and it's quite accurate cartoon from the games, Captain Lou Albano and it's guests but because it was just so darn fun :) That one with Sgt. Slaughter was really good and his double parking :lol: That was clever about Mario shrinking...yet another homage to how Mario would get small in the games :)

Since you did that, here's this one with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:56 pm

I watched Mario a bit. I never watched regularly though. I think those years it was on weekdays, and I would either be outside with friends or playing NES after school most days. But those clips were pretty good.

I know I said the new version of Night Court wasn't very good, but sometimes they hit the nostalgia right. Sadly, most of the original main cast are no longer with us, but last night the Wheelers returned. I couldn't find a clip from yesterday so...

And here they were last night...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:18 am

Yeah it's a shame that most of the ones you know are gone :roll: I have no idea how the new Night Court is but I do know they don't make stuff like they used to and that's been for a long while now :roll: With that being said, it's good that they made his return :) Brent Spiner was good there and while his character there is iconic, to Me his best known roles are from Star Trek: The Next Generation as Data and Dr. Okun in the two Independence Day movies :blsm: :blmm:

Brent Spiner 1.jpg

Oh yes...those were the days when you'd watch TV, play with your fiends & play your NES :) Here's another Mario...this is My all-time favorite. I showcased it a long while back in My Video game Collection Topic...Mario Meets Koopzilla :!:

Here's the whole 20 minute episode...it's so fun :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm

Probably one of the best, and regularly funny show, currently on TV...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions