Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Spooky Tunes Redux

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Spooky Tunes

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:35 am

Dracula was a great movie. That music really captures it. I'm not a big country music fan, but I can listen to some Charlies Daniels and Johnny Cash anyday.

I spoke of the Tragically Hip when I did all the Canadian bands. This is off their first album. I'm not a big fan of the really early stuff, but some of their best moments are in live concerts because the lead singer, Gord Downie, would just tell random stories or go off on strange tangents in the middle the song, like he does here....

Here's the album version. I don't know, their really early stuff just doesn't have the same sound they'd grow in to.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:41 am

Oh indeed. Same thing with Me about Country. I liked them, I love the Country/woods/wilderness but it's the business and all that sort of thing.

Hah, I remember PB ;) How about them, they made a return from you PB, cool songs ;) Well just like Metallica, I posted enough to you give you the idea of how different their 1991 Black Album is compared to their 1996 Load album is. Mnay good groups go thru that.

Here is a cue of Monster By Tomandandy who is a great horror movie music duo (The Mothman Man Prophericies) NOTE: I still working on getting to the TMMP, just ain't that there yet ;) The cue is good but it's kinda calm and not horrifying.

OK, earlier you posted FRIGHT NIGHT...well here is a suite by Brad Fiedel (Terminator 1 & 2 and True Lies). My fave part is @ 3:59 - 5:47...it's such a great piece of horror music, simply one of the best of the entire decade but listen to the whole thing, it's so cool and you can clearly hear how 80s was...so good :!: The person that put this together shows a pic of the composer, I've known him just a long as the other legends :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:06 am

Fright Night was actually on a few days ago. I only caught the ending though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:30 am

How about that! Ah that song was great and put together well PB :blbat:

1991's Popcorn's ending song.

Here is 1998's Dark City by Trevor Jones...listen to this powerful music!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:18 pm

Dark City isn't working. I thought about that for the trailers but wasn't sure it was quite Halloween enough.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:45 pm

Yeah I wasn't sure too but i wanted to do it anyway. I fixed it, go listen NOW! Swamp Witch, I actually never new that one before, That was cool PB :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:38 am

Here is the excellent theme from 2018's Halloween. It's by John Carpenter and his son Cody. Listen to this beauty on Halloween :batgrin:

There is so many other great horror music that I know but it's hard to get it all in as I want it all to be heard and appreciated. Look for more in My Horror Talk topic soon and in the Composer topic :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:51 am

Ah, the last song until next year...when the real challenge begins. No repeats!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:40 pm

Ah Spooky Skeletons, that is always a classic. Yep it will be a challenge, repeats are good if they are necessary :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:11 am

Maaan... There is a lot to absorb here. Now that things are kind of settling down a little bit for me, I'm going to try to read through all these. The good news is I'm doing some horror related work right now for my actual work so I'm still in the Halloween spirit.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions