Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: The Official Horror Talk Topic!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:43 pm

I am not familiar with that one but it looks interesting.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 08, 2024 2:44 am

I didn't think you or anybody here did. Yes it is very interesting. More to come soon :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:00 am

Here's another one that I really like and I have been thinking about it heavily over time, really I think of it a lot. I'm going to showcase both Cat People movies :shock: Like Cult of the Cobra, it about shapeshifting people from ancient times. These are Felines this time which there is many myths & legends about this. Like I said before, there is truth in everyone and every movie tells you a version of truth in a twisted way. It's up to the viewer to realize that for them themselves. So first here is the original classic from 1942 with this marvelous poster :blbat:

I'm going to let these two trailers do the storytelling :blww:

These were some moments here :!:

Now here's the remake of Cat People. It came out in 1982, 42 years ago this year. I was only 1 year young then. I always think about this one because of many reasons, a big reason is because of the music. Just about any movie I think about it, the music always, ALWAYS comes first. It's what makes the movie what it is plus it gives you more to love about that the movie and a whole lot more which I will get to that in a moment :) Here's the iconic poster :blww:

It has the same type of story as the original but like all remakes, many things are different. Like it's predecessor, it has great scenes of Big Cats and overall is tremendous horror film with great visuals :blbat:

It stars Nastassja Kinski whom was a hot new actress at the time. She plays Irena, the sister of Paul.

Malcolm McDowell whom was already a veteran. He plays Paul, the brother of Irena.

The late great John Heard :roll: He plays Oliver the Zoo Keeper.

and also Annette O'Toole whom I always found sweet & hot :batwink: She plays Alice the Zoo Keeper.

Here's the well known trailer :blww: :blbat:

Now here's the big fun part of the movie which is the musical score. My Grandma really liked the film but she adored the music. She got Me into it when I got mature since this was a sexual movie. I already knew the composer which was Giorgio Moroder who did 1984's The Neverending Story in 1984 and also 1983's Scarface. We used to listen to it all the time and quite frankly it's one of My most underrated faves. There's other reasons why I like this too. I'm probably the only one here that has a connection to this. Now I'm not putting this in the Scary Tunes Topic right now. Please take the time to listen to this :) This music will be exclusive here for the time being. First is the iconic song Putting Out The Fire by the late great David Bowie. This was the first time I heard one of his songs. This is still one of the best songs of the entire decade of the 1980s not to mention one of the neatest songs ever :!:

Here's his instrumental version titled The Myth. As a fan of myths & legends, this was quite big for Me back in the day and you just see wondrous mystery of the story.

Here's the The Autopsy which is really spooky. This type of sound is what made 80s Horror so great and made it so good to listen to 80s Horror :blaq:

Here is Paul's Theme. If you don't know Giorgio Moroder then think back on Scarface & The Neverending Story. This Cue should really remind you of them because it's very similar.

Now this is My fave Cue of the whole super short, 10 Track Album which is Irena's Theme. This is placed in My most fave Cues of ever of all-time. Listen to this, I just love the shear horrific joy it has :blww:

Here's The Leopard Tree :!:

Now check this SPECIAL BONUS :!: In 1989, 35 years ago this year, the very first WCW Halloween Havoc PPV happen. It was a great event and still is one of the best IMO. WCW always had a great theme for their events. When I first heard this I'm like holy cow, that music sounds like CAT PEOPLE :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: The late great Kevin Sullivan used this music for a while as his entrance theme, I still see him running in the forest to his Father "The Master" to form The Dungeon of Doom in the great year of 1995. Now I hope you listen to the music I provided because now it's time to compare that with this :blbat: :blww: :blsm:

So that will do it for this special double feature of Cat People...

I hope you liked it and I shall see what is next for My Horror Topic :blbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:34 am

Another one I've seen parts of but not the whole thing. The 80s version, that is. I've come across it a few times on TV over the years but never saw it all. Those themes definitely sounded like the early 80s.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 13, 2024 5:57 am

Thanks PB :) I see. if you have the chance to see the original do so. Also, if you have the opportunity to see the 82 version, see if you can watch the whole thing especially the beginning of it. Oh yes, you sure can, that's one of the reasons why they're so great. I'm contemplating what's next here for My Horror Topic :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blmm: :blhal: :blbaf: :blaq:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions