Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:17 am

Take me out to the bot game...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:44 am

I have seen the cover before but never played it, it looked really fun :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:33 am

I always loved that you had to fight if the play was close, kind of like Blades of Steel.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:08 am

Oh I loved Blades of Steel. Like I said when I showed My many NES games, I used to have such fun times with My Grandma MiMi back in the day and were weren't hockey fans yet we digged this game, it was such good times. Yes, I loved the fights, I would sometimes on purpose try to fight her :lol: ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:31 pm

I know it's not a toy commercial, but who remembers these?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:45 am

So what that their not toys, their vintage, from the 80s and for kids aren't they :?: ;) Huh, interesting, I really don't remember them at all especially the Wagon Wheel one but the Capt'n Crunch seemed familiar however. Amazing how kids were there, there is no comparison now. See how it was when we were kids ;) That little girl in the Twinkie commercial looked liked and reminded Me of a girl I went to school with for a while named Sarah, we were about that age then and we were kinda friends and talked to each other now and then back then but it wasn't anything major.

Good and unusual entries PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:27 am

Hanker for a Hunk of Cheese is one I've always remembered. If you've seen it stuck with you, lol. Family Guy even spoofed it, so it was pretty prevalent back in the 80s.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:43 pm

Nope, still didn't PB :)

Yep, Ice Hockey, another one in My NES Collection that I showcased. I have very fond memories of that one too and a few years ago got on the Wii U Virtual Console as well.

Nice PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Yeah, it was probably more an early to mid-80s ad, and since you're a couple years younger it may be just before your time. Speaking of 80s foods, I found a new show last night called Adam Eats the 80s where Adam Richman who used to be on Man vs Food, looks into foods and places that started in the 80s like Nerds, Chuck E Cheese, and Big League Chew. It's a decent piece of nostalgia.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled theme....

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:03 am

Probably so, I didn't pay attention to stuff like that till I was like 4 or 5 or something.

Ah yes the original Joe, never seen that commercial before however I have seen pics of the first figs from that era :) Amazing how long it took for RAH to get underway :? My gosh it must have been pretty fun for kids back then ;) Hasbro was something even in the early days. They made another line called Action Man, it was made by UK toy company called Palitoy and was a licenced series by Hasbro and then ultimately was owned by them when they acquired Tonka and like most other companies. It was the series for the UK. I know cause the other board I've said about is an 1/6 - 12" scale figure board that is dedicated to Action Man and is what I post on from time to time and that said forum is UK based. I joined them back in the day when I was huge on 12" collecting & kit-bashing back in the early 2010s. Like I said before, they are really flaky and there's only a couple guys that I like and their both American, not that I have anything against international people, its just that whenever I wanna talk about wrestling, video games, vintage action figures and other stuff they either don't reply or they act like they've never seen it before or never heard of it at all...their so much fun so the rest of the board is just BLAH :roll: The thing is the guy that recruited Me asked Me to come back in early 2021 after I took a long hiatus, I did and supposedly he is a huge wrestling fan. He posted only tiny bit before but when i posted about the PPVs, classic stuff, AEW and more, he hardly posts on anything I post at all and gave Me the excuse that he is watching the soccer games or some UK sports stuff, it just really irked Me to say the least about it and I hate it when people do that to Me especially now :x

You PB & Acid has been way more than them to Me ;)

Anyway, the figures are cool but I never owned any and while they are rich with history like their Joes counterparts, they never really interested Me, not even for bashes but the fuzzy hair is a nice touch though :)

Here is one of the Action Man commercials.

By the way, I'll be posting more 12" figures & My Kit-Bashes in the near future, there's just so much to get to ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions