Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:09 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:35 am

That's one movie I never had the chance to see yet. It had a great cast including The Duke's son and Sarah Douglas. I really liked her (Superman 1 & 2, Conan the Destroyer, The Return of Swamp Thing). Now see, in My youngster days I had a thing for here ;) John Scott did the music (Greystoke: Tarzan Lord of the Apes, King King Lives, Lionheart), he's one of the best and the story is by E.R. Burroughs (Tarzan & John Carter of Mars) yet another one that started so much for the future. Cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:42 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:44 am

Ah yes, Encino Man, that movie rocked :lol: I was already familiar with Pauly Shore from MTV which he was ok, he just disappeared from the scene later on but this was the first time I saw Brenden Fraser. Strange thing is when I first saw him I thought he was Christopher Reid aka Kid from 1990's House Party but realized a bit later that he wasn't yet after that and even now I still see a resemblance :shock: The film has a cool prehistoric man story in modern times...the 90s :)

By the way, I saw that Fraser won best actor, congrats to him but I could give a r@t's @$$ about the Oscars, nothing I ever wanted is nominated and nothing I want to win loses, nothing but bum-steer IMO :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:34 am

I couldn't tell you what he won for. Couldn't name two movies that were nominated. Don't pay attention to that stuff.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:17 am

Really :?: I thought you posted that on purpose then to coincide with it :? He won best actor for THE WHALE :!: I have no idea what it is and he looks so different now. I used to long ago, it's been well over a decade since I did, I just got tired of it. They have been losing ratings with less people watching every year. I mean they make such huge deals out of these movies and all that and then you watch'em and it's like what did I just watch and what were they smoking I mean I've seen low budget independent films that was way better than movies that won best picture :!: I never saw that Fraser Blast from the Past from 1999. I love his Mummy movies however :)

I just saw this, leave it to the Oscars :roll: I liked Paul, he was a great actor and his daughter Mira is too, she's really good :)

Paul & Mira Sorvino 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:58 pm

Blast from the Past was one of my wife and I's favorite movies early on when we were dating. It's hard to not like a movie with Christopher Walken in it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:55 am

I see and that is really cool, I love reading stories like that PB ;) I never saw Suicide Kings either, there's just some I never got to yet. Walken & Leary :!: Henry Thomas is always the same troubled type of character after E.T. :roll: Oh yes, Walken is one of the best actors bar-none IMO, nice PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:35 pm

Bonus Christopher Walken:

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:07 am

Oh I'm quite familiar with the Dead Zone. It's a great story by Stephen King. I saw the whole remake series as well which My Mom bought the whole DVD set when they came which was arguably even better but I always got p!$$ed caused the brainiacs cancelled it prematurely :x Anyway The Dead Zone movie came out in 1983, 40 years ago this year and this was the first movie I saw with Christopher Walken in (the second was Communion). I already knew who King was by 1986 or so thanks to My Grandma being an avid King reader, whenever there was a new book of his she'd get it & read it which I revealed that last year around Halloween time in your topics PB when I talked about Silver Bullet and how much that meant to Us :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Today is the 1st anniversary that My Grandma isn't with Us anymore, My Mom is still not over it and I've been trying My best because there was no closure :cry: You do not have to say anything, I just wanted to say a little something to remind that what today is, to say it mildly I really hate 3.16 :x That's all about that :roll:

I believe the The Dead Zone was the first thing I saw Martin Sheen in as well. It's a wonderful film yet a sad one but it's indeed a true classic :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blhal: :blmm: :blbaf:

The Dead Zone had a fantastic score, it was by the late great Michael Kamen, before his terrific Die Hard & Lethal Weapon scores I knew this masterpiece. The remarkable parts happen at 1:17/1:18 and again at 2:39/2:40, listen to this :)

I missed that Ed Glosser one, that had a star-studded cast there and was pretty good :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions