Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:56 am

Yeah, Costner must be a fan of westerns, he's made so many of them. I like westerns, too. I guess that means I'm your huckleberry.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:44 am

I guess so PB ;) Indeed he did. I was going to do Tombstone but thought I'll get to his first before hand and then you post it ;) Kurt Russell was so ideal for Wyatt not to mention Kilmer, Paxton & Elliot and Boothe. This was a great one :)

Just like Silverado, Bruce Broughton did a fantastic score for this too, listen to this :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:51 am

Seems like if you made a western in the past 40 years you either had have Eastwood, Costner, or Gene Hackman.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:59 am

Yep, they were basically your go to guys for them kind of films back then. The Quick and the Dead was pretty cool, it was really DeCaprio's first major role (though I believe [b/]Critters 3[/b] was hist first) and Russell Crowe's first American exposure film. It had a great theme by Alan SIlvestri. Check out this great custom music video this YouTuber made. I make videos like this with movie scores & soundtracks all the time because their so fun to watch & listen to but I never put them on YT cause I'm afraid they'd get pulled due do copyright and stuff.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:13 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:36 am

I didn't know about 5,000 fingers of Dr. T. It looked and sounded good.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:21 am

I'd never heard of it, either. I was flipping channels the other day and it was on AMC. With a title like that it caught my eye. I never knew they made a Dr Seuss movie way back in the 50's. I only watched a few minutes, it was a bit weird. It made me think of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:08 am

I see, yes I thought the same that it was like that too. Oh AMC, sorry but I find that like MTV over at least the past decade cause it goes against what it's title is and no longer stands for what it did originally. Back in the 80s & 90s when My Grandpa used to watch it all the time, it was so different then cause it had tons of films from the 30s to the 60s with old school interviews and trivia all that great stuff. I miss those times :roll:

Overboard was ok, IDK but I think it was the first time Russell & Hawn was on screen in a movie together :)

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but somebody's gotta do :roll: I just found out that Topol from Flash Gordon just died. Weird we just talked about that movie and all that. May he RIP :(

Topol RIP 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:41 am

RIP

My mother loves Goldie Hawn. One of my best friend's loves Overboard. I wouldn't put it in my favorites but it's pretty decent and quite quotable.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:21 am

Indeed :roll:

I see and that is all good. She just never did anything for Me, you might be surprised who might just be "ok" with Me :shock I never saw Wildcats, it looked ok PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions