Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:40 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:10 am

Ah, WWF Wrestlemania 2000! I played the heck out of it same with with No Mercy :!: Amazing how THQ went from making WCW/nWo Revenge then they jump ship to WWF. This was the first to start the WWE2K games we know today...greats stuff. The WCW/nWo Revenge was regarded as the best wrestling game ever for years by the way.

Here is My entry for today. Since you spoke about Willow in My Star Wars topic, here is the great action figure commercial by Tonka :!:

I don't know if you have seen it or not or followed My Vintage Action figure topic when it first started but I featured My ENTIRE COLLECTION of Willow there and in fact I started My topic with it because I am a huge Willow fan. If you haven't seen My showcase, it's a big one, you can see every figure the series in detail with My stories and such and I even have the Eborsisk Dragon who goes for nearly $1000 sometimes on eBay and it's one heck of an unreal story as to how I got him :? :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I have an amazing collection that I cherish and thankful that I have and it might bring back the memorizes for you so if you want got check it out Click HERE for My WILLOW COLLECTION - its on page # 2 as well as a special bit on page #3 that don't wanna miss!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:17 am

Yeah, I vaguely remember owning some of those.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:37 am

I remember the first time I got to try WCW/nWo Revenge. I was completely blown away by the whole thing. I still like to pop it into my N64 from time to time. I have most of those THQ games including 2000 and No Mercy and the Japanese imports for Virtual Pro Wrestling 1 and 2. All great games for different reasons. This was a really fun walk down memory lane. Thank you for putting all of this together.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:11 am

I see PB. Gosh, never knew that game. Oh girls, reminds Me of the day I was in school :o :)

OneNine Six - Long time no see. Where in the world have you been :?: Oh yes, they were so fun. Me & PB are doing our best ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:50 pm

Cool, OneNineSix! That's what we're trying for with all these retro threads, just to kick up some good old nostalgia endorphins. Maybe it'll be a toy you loved, or a commercial you remember, or even something you didn't even know existed. I don't remember those Computer Warriors at all. Live long and prosper!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:42 pm

A bonus commercial for Brandon!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:43 am

Yep, ONS, PB is doing a good job. We are probably the only few now that is doing stuff like this on the web. Oh the Computer Warriors was pretty cool, didn't last long however.

Gosh, I would have loved to get a Star Trek Happy Meal, to be bad that was before My time...that looked great :o

Oh thanks PB, I appreciate that and the thought ;) I never seen that one before...that was the ROTJ one which looked massive. I have the ESB which is in booklets like the one I showed with My Centurion. Seeing that was great, it brought the memory back, I miss those things as I thought they were very fun. Thanks again PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:31 am

They made me think of these...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:18 am

That's cool but I wasn't familiar with that one but I know Colorforms. I have a lot of them but their in storage of unknown location down the basement. Been looking for them off and on for a long while. I had some great ones including a WWF one with Hogan & Earthquake...I really don't recall the others, I just know I have a lot of them. They were some of My most fave things during that time. Oh by the way, the red Metaluna Mutant I showcased for Halloween last year was made by Colorforms :)

UPDATE: I didn't find any commercials but here is the WWF one I was talking about, I had so much fun with it back in the day, I hope one day in the near future I can find it and the rest of My Colorforms collection :D

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions