Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:35 am

I had already explained My thoughts about TruTV especially MTV.. Those scenes were pretty good. Sasha had a unique style & character. He was different than guys like Van Damme & Norris but he was as legit as them. Like that gif you posted, that there shows you how different his personality is. It's really a shame he faded out and apparently people stopped being interested in him :? I'm not part of that list, I don't get tired of greats like others do. I'll put together some sort of action hero/fighter/martial artists collage in your Movie Trailer Topic sometime soon cause like I said, I know these guys like I know wrestlers :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:35 am

I know he had a domestic violence incident that led to him being written off the show after season 5 (he was just a cousin who lived in a van in the family's driveway, so it wasn't hard). Apparently, he was protecting his kids from his ex-wife who had drug issues. Allegedly, but I don't think that came out until years later and he was given custody of his kids, so it must've been somewhat an accurate account. But i think he was shunned a bit after the incident. Not sure what he's been up to since. Interestingly enough, the show needed to replace his colorful character so in season 6 Bronson Pinchot debuted as Carol's (Suzanne Somers) hair dresser business partner, Jean-Luc.

But enough about Step by Step!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:31 am

Yeah, all of that is such a shame and thanks for the trivia about his replacement ;)

That Perfect Strangers was good, he's gotta cancel his Magazine Subscription to Muppet Babies :lol: You can clearly tell what time this is ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:44 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:56 am

That was good cameo for Leslie Nielsen :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:16 am

Leslie Nielsen was quite the sitcom playa back then, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:28 am

Leslie Nielsen was there too :shock: Oh look at the priest, that's Earl Bowen who played Dr. Silberman in the first three Terminator films :o That Golden Girls was good PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:39 am

Earl Bowen is on tons of sitcoms in small roles like that. Never really knew his name, but he's one of those actors you immediately recognize.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:36 am

Yes he is, that's how I knew he was from the Terminator films but I didn't know about his sitcom stuff however. That Family Matters was pretty good. My Grandma MiMi really liked the dad when he was in the first Die Hard and his little cameo in Ghostbusters. My Grandpa PoPo was a big sleepwalker when he was young, thank goodness he grew out of it :shock:

So it's Father's Day and here's three clips of scenes that has always stayed with Me.

When Vader reveals he's Luke's Father in 1980's The Empire Strikes Back, I look at it as a great shock at first because the majority of people didn't know it when it first happen. Lucas was brilliant. If people knew Russian then it would't have been a surprise as Darth Vader actually means "Dark Father"! Now I look at this in a personal different way as well a lot because of My own Father. It's really a shame it had to be the way it was because if somehow We could have made up I would have welcomed him and we could have done so much together as Father & Son :(

Then there's this scene in 1990's TMNT when Splinter says "All Fathers Care About their Sons" and I'm like yeah right :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Now, when I was sick in the hospital in 1994 (You already know some of the story) when I watched Kindergarten Cop over and over again because that was the only movie that could fit My frame of mind at the time because I was really changing, I got super close to My Grandpa and I'd say to him that he really reminds Me of Arnold because of how his kind personality is, he's big & muscular like him and his hands are like his and he was extremely strong. He would sooth Me by rubbing My head when I was in pain. He was the Father I never had :( So here's a clip that I can say My Grandpa PoPo was like, he was so much wonderfully like this :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:02 am

Good clips. I haven't seen Kindergarten Cop in ages so I forgot about that scene.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions