Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Toy Commercials: We'll return after these messages...

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:20 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:32 pm

Ah Clue! We still got that game somewhere down the basement, it was fun. I loved playing around with the metal game pieces :D Great game indeed!

I got one for today, it's Speak & Spell! Remember that one :?: My Mom got it for Me when I so very young and I still have it somewhere (the red version), in fact I was looking for it the the other day but no luck, I wanted to showcase it but maybe I can get lucky and find somewhere down the road. Anyway, it helped Me learn a bit then I mastered it and just played it for fun for years. Shame I didn't take care of it however :roll:

Here it is :)

Oh and by the way, this was seen in E.T. :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:05 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:04 pm

Wow. This is my era's Perfection commercial. So nostalgic.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:39 pm

Lol, I was actually looking for an 80s version I remembered, but seeing this one reminded me of Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town, a kids show my kids watched when they were smaller, so I just had to post it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:50 am

Huh, never knew any of those :?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:25 am

We can rewatch these. We have the technology.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:15 am

Why don't I remember this existing?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:48 am

Gosh, them 6MDM figures by Kenner looked good. Way before My time however.

Oh wow...ENTERNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll tell you why. It was one of the last items Mattel ever made for the original MOTU line and it was the biggest playset they ever made for the series and I believe it was/is one of the biggest ones for any toy series of anytime :shock: They only made a small number of them and became stuff of legends. No, I do not have it and I have never seen it in person. Its one of the most sought after and expensive MOTU items ever :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp:

OK, guess what, I just posted My M.A.S.K showcase in My Vintage topic, you talked about it a while back here and I mentioned you there so go check it out ;)

By the way, I updated My Star Wars topic too so when you get a chance check it out ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:10 pm

OMG, you mentioned you were going to do Wade Barrett in the entrance themes? Well, I actually had the MASK Boulder Hill Playset ready for here before I saw that Eternia set listed on the side. Great minds...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions