Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:48 am

I see. I wasn't the biggest SIlverhawks fan either but the figures sure looked good. Man, that D&D Commercial was great, I didn't expect Indiana Jones to be there :o

I found another Disney Adventures Magazine Commercial from 2003 featuring That's So Raven :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:41 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:48 am

That was an amazing Go-Bots commercial from 1984, 40 years ago this year. They were such a great series that was before the Transformers. I loved teh Hanna-Barbara cartoon. Ah, they show the white version of Leader-1, I have the blue version. There's Road Ranger where Hasbro got their Optimums Prime idea from :roll: Go-Bots was so good. In My grand showcase you Packer said that you never read so much about Go-Bots before. That's because I'm one of the last people on this entire planet that still has a big liking of them and supports them over Transformers. In My grand showcased I also greatly showed Tonka's Rock Lords that crossed-over with them among others here if you want to revisit cause there's always something that you may have missed---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-vintage-action-figure-collection-willow-1988-t1087-260.html

I was able to find one more Disney Adventures Magazine from 1998, this is an Australian version, it's something seeing kids from the Land Down Under presenting this stuff :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:14 pm

I don't recall any of those but I wasn't really watching Disney or cartoons around that era.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:02 am

I wasn't either. That was a great Mattel Captain Power Commercial. I showcased My little collection of them in My Vintage and recently said about how they remined Me in the movie The Eliminators. I also greatly showcased Hasbro's The Visionaries which also was very underrated series.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:26 pm

I never got into Visionaries, they were just a little past my time.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 06, 2024 8:37 am

Wow, I actually never seen that 1993 Jurassic Park Board Game Commercial...that was great :) Of course it was by Milton Bradley whom is owned by Hasbro, Hasbro already owned Kenner by two years who would be making the JP action figures. Those small figurines were mighty detailed and that Board was too...all of that looked rather sweet :)

I know you posted this a long while back but I wanted to revisit GUTS! by Mattel from 1986. I showcased My small collection of them also a long while back. These has always been so cool I mean it includes militia, guerrillas, mercenaries, ninjas, it was such a great series that reflected those fun times of the 80s and I liked how Mattel made them small too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:28 pm

Yep, I had a few of these guys. There were just so many toy options back then. I would just love to be able to walk down a toy aisle in the 80s again.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:14 am

I second that :!: That was a nice Hills Commercial there, boy that little guy fit right in there with them Legos ;)

Here's this Ben Franklin's commercial from 1993. This one is from Henderson Kentucky. I talked about them a lot like you have Hills PB, I showcased them as much as possible too ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:05 pm

Yeah, I miss some of these stores. I stopped in a Gabe's today that used to be a K-Mart and was talking to my youngest son about K-Mart since he doesn't really remember them. That's why going up to that TRU in Canada with him was so fun because he was only 4 or so when TRU closed for good, so it was neat to let him experience that.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions