Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:58 am

Oh that's good PB. Dude Love was never My fave either but darn, as I said, they already had it on Vol.2...it wasn't an updated version like Ken Shamrock, Sable, SCSA or Undertaker either...they could have put Cactus Jack instead...I never knew why the heck they did this :x

That was a tremendous TRU commercial there, it looked to be their first...wow :)

I was able to find this about WWF The Music Vol.3 and yes that's Kevin Kelly talking :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:30 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:09 am

That was a great TRU Commercial. Amazing how they danced like that. that was from 1979, 45 years ago this year :o

Okay, here's WWF The Music Vol. 4 that cameout in 1999, 25 years ago this... a brief moment from My Showcase :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
WWF The Music Volume 4: So now we're into the fourth installment of the great WWF Wrestling Theme Series that was released in 1999. This one is really hinting at times changing with technology, the web and all that sort of stuff not to mention new talent stats in the making. This is a mighty fine album. It may not be as fun at the previous but this still has some great moments. This Front & Back Covers are actually precursors to the Wrestlemania 2000 event & Video game graphics with the green & black effects :o

Here's this great commercial of it :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:02 pm

I bought this one as well. Maybe one more. Don't remember.

This says it's from 1981 but the ET Atari game is in it and that didn't come out until 1982 (like the movie) so...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:25 am

Oh I know E.T.movie & game didn't come out till 82...I guess the YouTuber got the year wrong or perhaps it's a typo :? I don't know what the case is but it was a good commercial :)

Okay, here's this WWF The Music Vol. 4. At the end is quite interesting because during Incite's first Magazine. Notice The Rock is a holding a N64 Controller :!: They talk about WWF Wrestlemania 2000....this was huge back then because Acclaim's licence expired and THQ got out of their deal with WCW to make WWF Video Games plus this was 1999, 25 years ago this year :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:08 pm

You might be wondering why all the TRU commercials? Well, tomorrow morning I'll be leaving with my son for a hockey tournament up in Ontario, Canada. And Canada still has full sized TRU stores so we are definitely stopping at one at some point this weekend and I will definitely take pictures like an American tourist, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:07 am

Actually no, I thought that you were on a role about it, reminiscing or something like that like I do ;) Wow, that sounds so amazing, I had read a long while back about TRU making a comeback of sorts but I didn't know where nor when. Well it's good that your son has a Hockey Game up there. If I had the opportunity I would being taking pictures for a lot reasons including history's sake and I would stay in that store as long as possible. Oh believe you Me, if I could go to a K-B Toys again, I would stay there for hours, even if I didn't buy anything, just being in that place is special...oh how it would be if I could do that and be at Judy's Spectrum Superstore...oh My gosh...I think of that a lot. Well, see if you can take pics of these toy selections...GODZILLA X KONG, WWE & STAR WARS. I'd love see a current/modern look at that :) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too :) Of course anything that catches your eyes and what you'd think I'd like if you can ;) When's it's all said and done are you going to make a special post about it like your Cooperstown & The Savannah Bananas special :?:

That 1987 TRU Commercial was sweet, I don't recall that one. Gosh, that was cheap for a NES & games. Yes, I agree with him, his dream of the NES was better :) :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:41 pm

Drove past a Leon's today. We did go into a Toysrus today and it was like travelling back in time only with current toys. It was like the TRU down the street never closed. It was great. And you'll like what my son picked out for his purchase! Just give me a day or two to get it together. We're heading back tomorrow morning for another two game set in Canada.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:55 am

Oh sounds great. I'm glad you thought it was like old times :) I'll be looking in the special event Topic :) Take your time about it, you want it all to look good and and to detail it as much as possible and leave nothing out :)

That was some Leon's there, that was from 1992, 32 years ago this :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:53 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions