Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:56 am

Thanks for your reply PB ;) I see, well MK was superbly great after the day of Genesis for a long while. Unfortunately when MKX came out they were toning things down a lot really I mean the affect of fatalities really weren't like ones in the 90s and the women weren't that hot I mean some of the hottest women gaming characters ever are in MK. As I said in My other showcase their rebooting the VG MK which is really discusses Me, I'm so sick of the reboots :x With that being said, MK 3 will always be My fav one of them all :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:48 am

So yesterday I showcased My two Hardball video games of Mine in My Video Game Collection Topic while the current Season is still ongoing. You can check it out at this link and while your there you can see My brief but great Mortal Kombat Collection that I celebrated the anniversary last week right above it here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48683.html#p48683

So here's the actual gameplay of the the versions I have that I showcased. First is the Commodore 64 version. Notice right off the bat it says music by Ed Bogas. I really like the music in this one. I talked about him in My showcase. He was great and composed the music for a lot of classic stuff and this is such a fine game :)

Now here's the gameplay of Hardball III for Sega Genesis, this too is really good :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:41 am

I had Hardball III for SEGA. I really liked the pitching screen. It was one of my favorite baseball games as a kid.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:52 am

Oh that's really good PB :) Yes, it had some good stuff there ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:11 am

So as I said earlier, I am really disgusted that they've rebooted Mortal Kombat :x If rebooting the film franchise wasn't bad enough they had to do the game franchise too :batrage: Now last month already I made a special anniversary showcase in My Video Game Collection topic as well as posted here on September 13th, celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the first Mortal Kombat. I was probably one of the very few people on the entire net doing it which is really sad :roll: Now here's the two great commercials that I absolutely loved back then in 1993 which i still think their superb and pay attention to the detail too cause it's important :)

So did you pay attention? I hope you did because now, 30 years later they've rebooted it nearly on the same date of September 14th in 2023 :o Now look at the first commercial here, they're trying to reenact those Vintage Classic ones you just saw and good'ol Batista is saying "Legends are being REWRITTEN" :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

I know it' been 30 years and MK has had a great run but I'm not one of those people that thinks that way, I find the original stuff so much funner & better.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:33 am

So a while back I greatly showcased My LJN Punisher NES video game in My Marvel topic, here's the gameplay :batwink:

For Halloween I showcased a lot of horror video games, this will be the first of many which is the great LJN Friday the 13th video game. Such great music and feel of the game, like I said before, I find Jason more scary here than in the films :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:04 am

For some reason, I still get anxious playing Friday the 13th, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:15 am

Yes, I believe that was intentional on the part of LJN. Moving on to more that I showcased for Halloween...NES's Master Blaster from 1988, this year marks it's 35th anniversary!

and then 1989's NES's Demon Sword!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:19 am

Don't recall ever playing either of those games.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:03 am

How about that, Demon Sword is kinda obscure but I don't think Blaster Master is however. Before I get to what was after them because there's a bit, I want to go back to how I actually begin My grand showcase and it began with Ghostbusters!

Here's the gameplay of the Commodore 64 version!

Ok, you know the story about Ghostbusters & Jaws when I posted Jaws a while back so here's the NES gameplay.

Here's the NES Ghostbusters II gameplay.

Here's the Ghostbusters Sega Genesis which has completely different gameplay an dis not by Activsion who did the previous three seen above.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions