Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

We'll Return After These Messages...Commercials!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: We'll Return After These Messages...Toy Commercials

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:54 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:20 am

Wow, I really never knew Magnavox Odyssey...that was 1972 and predated Atari :o Amazing how that was. Also I like how through that commercial was and when you see family together...that is something that is seriously lacking in this day & age for commercials and the like. Such a great one PB :)

Here's more Steak 'n Shake which this is cool.

Here's a 1996 variant of the one I posted before..I always loved to see them cook :) Note at the end they just open one at in Joplin, MO :shock:

More tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:13 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:12 am

I actually never knee about Fairchild either. That was something and that is was like exclusive at JCPenny. As proto as it was, it was really cool stuff :)

Here's this Steak 'n Shake Commercial...I love the beginning with Heather Donahue :lol: :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:09 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:31 am

That was an amazing Atari commercial...you can tell their trying to compete with Nintendo & Sega now. Really those games look like Commodore 64.

Here's this good Steak 'n Shake Commercial...gosh I loved their Frisco Melt. The sauce is Thousand Island...so good on a burger :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:37 pm

Yeah, those video games didn't look half bad though I never heard of that Atari system as Nintendo was big by then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:55 am

Wow, I never seen that Nintendo commercial before...that was really cool :o

Two Steak 'n Shake variant commercial...one is a blooper :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:09 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a single commercial from that restaurant/ Even places that aren't local I'll still catch an occasional Zaxby's or Jack in the Box, but not for there.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:41 am

Amazing how that ColecoVision looked more impressive that Atari and this was in 1982...just as good looking as the NES IMO.

Isn't that something :o Many times especially long ago I thought that other states has these places and are shown there too via commercials & ads...well I guess not :roll: Jack in the Box I would imagine would be literally everywhere and be shown on TV at least once a day cause it always was even since I known them to be on TV but again I guess they don't reach all the states the same :shock: OK I got more...here's this cool one from 1997 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions