Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Countdown to Christmas: General Commercials

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 am

That was a really good 1982 Anheuser-Busch. Those days were something. I recall commercials like that when I was growing up and eventually knowing that they were in the city that I lived in. This was when I was was really getting into city stuff and learning of the place I'm in. Here's a quote from one of My great St. Louis Books in My Odds & Ends ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-10.html

BrandonDaCollector wrote:There's Anheuser-Busch Brewery! As I had said when I showcased My Insane Keychain at the beginning of this great topic of Mine, this is were all of your great Budweisers, Bud-Lights and so on comes from :shock: Its a terrific area and it's only about a 15 minute drive from My location. It was so cool Down Town back in the day :)

I didn't say it there but as you saw there's Grant's Farm, It's Ulysses S. Grant...yes, the same legendary man that you saw in My other showcases of General Grant's Farmer's Markets on Watson near Crestwood where I got My Arnold Matrix figure from Commando & My King Kong Lives Score/Soundtrack Cassette Tape. Grant's Farm is located at Grantwood Village, MO and is an absolute huge park-like area. I went there many times on school field trips, in fact those first times when I went urged My curiosity of the history. I haven't been there in years however. It's really an Animal Reserve. They had a ton of wild animals but really they were kinda tame. Tons of bovines such as Buffalo & Deer, Donkey and other like Emus and Peacocks and yes those Iconic Clydesdales you saw in that commercial :shock: They had a petting zoo too with Goats & Sheep among other animals. Now why is the Anheuser-Busch logo on the Grant's Farm fence & entryway you ask :? That's because that after Grant, the Bush Family moved there and it's been owned by them ever since ;)

I'll see if I can find a couple Christmas video or at least something of this soon ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:08 pm

I knew Busch was your area because of the Cardinals lol, interesting stuff.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:32 am

That was a nice 1979 Pillsbury Sugar Cookies Christmas commercial from 1979 :scbaf:

Yes, such an iconic region. OK, I found some videos and I hope you check them out ;) First here's the Clydesdales from Bush Stadium from last year on Opening Day.

Here's this really nice band playing the Budweiser song at Grant's Farm :o

A Grant's Farm Bread Commercial from 1999 :!:

OK, here's a cool video to show you how Grant's Farm is during non-holiday times, This is from Show Me St. Louis cause Missouri is The Show Me State :)

Now here's this one from KMOV Channel 4 whom I watched all the time. This video great and shows you a lot of the animals a tone of stuff they got there and this is around Halloween time too in 2019

OK, now we're to Grant's Farm for CHRISTMAS :scww: :scsm: :scbat: This one is from 2007 :o

Here's this shot by a local Missourian in 2021.

These are from Fox 2 recently.

This is from KSDK Channel 5, it's as good as Fox 2.

That's all for now :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:06 pm

Tpday was a really long day, so I'm not ignoring all those vids, I'm just going to have to wait until tomorrow to peruse them. :)

These used to be on WOR out of New York when I was a kid.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:24 am

I'm sure you did, Kids are a handful ;) OK, check them out and tell Me when you see them :) Gosh, Crazy Eddie was insane :o Oh I love commercials like that that are from local shops. Even though he was in New York, I can completely relate to that cause We had some Ourselves. I haven't seen them in a long time and many aren't on YT. I'll see about looking again for Christmas and the Zen Topic for later because I should get My local stores that I've only seen on TV some time shine once again ;)

Here's this After Christmas commercial from Steve Goedeker in 2001. I never shopped at Goedeker's as We always went to Best Buy down the street. He was in South County, just a bit away where Toy Chest, TRU & KB was. I seen his commercials all the time for years on the local channels when I'd watch cartoons, wrestling and baseball and even TV shows. He always seemed super nice. He only has one location left and I saw him in a news report just a couple months ago and he still looks like this :scbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:09 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:31 am

That was a nice 1980s Santa Workshop - North Pole, NY - Adirondack Attractions Commercial :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:01 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:54 am

That a great Coke commercial from 1989...here's a great Pepsi one from 1988...35 years ago this :scbat: :scww:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:00 pm

That was a nice Pepsi commercial.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions