Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:08 am

That's very interesting that they did that in the Fall Guy movie. See, they always, always show you things in movies in a twisted manner of truth one way or another. I'm sure your not the only one that had to look that up to see if it was real or not I mean I hope others had a curiosity about it. If I saw the film and that scene I would have been like what the heck...METALSTORM :o Yes, it's a real movie as you saw. I'm very familiar with it. It came out in 1983 which was an enormous movie year, still one-of the biggest of all movie years I mean the line-up was incredible. The movie was directed by Charles Band who is a great horror & sci-fi director. Don't forget I posted many of his films that were of his Full Moon company. The movie is great with a cool 3D feature to it which again, 83 was when 3-D was trying to make a comeback but unfortunately it didn't last long. Now the music score is by Richard Band, Charles' brother. I've featured him before. He's truly a master of horror & sci-fi music. I love his sound. He composed a tremendous, heroic sc-fi score for Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn. Here's this Cue, My fave part of this is at 2:34 - 3:04. Listen to this especially since you didn't know the film :)

As a side note, yesterday I saw on Peacock that they have the Extended Cut of The Fall Guy.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:15 pm

I'd never heard of it until yesterday. If you have a chance, The Fall Guy isn't a bad movie.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:31 am

I see. Yeah maybe, like I said, Peacock is the got extended edition on right now. Oh I saw that headline of Mr. McMahon yesterday and I thought oh boy, I bet Packer is going to post that...sure enough you did ;) Amazing that they cranked that out fast then again, it's very apropos for them to do so because of the new deal they have with the WWE and man-o-man what debut that is :o

Here's Ring of Fire II: Blood and Steel starring Don "The Dragon" Wilson from 1993 :!:

Part 3 is tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:04 pm

I should save this for October but it just came out today...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:51 am

Yes, you want to post something brand new :) I'm very disgusted how Universal is handling the monsters now. Since they cancelled "The Dark Universe" and all their plans they had for at least a decade to come, they rebooted it into nothing, one & done films :roll: I never seen 2021's The Invisible Man because of this but maybe soon. They never continued the fantastic Wolfman in 2010 with Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving & Anthony Hopkins with their cliffhanger climax and if that isn't enough they made a spectacular Dark Universe Intro with Danny Elfman scoring it debuting with the 2017 Mummy...I really hate this crap, companies & people are not capable of keeping things going like before. I'm sure this reboot of the Wolfman will be alright but I can tell you right now, it doesn't have the shear horror the 2010 version had and will not have personality it did because Danny Elfman is not scoring it like he did the 2010 version :blaq:

Here's Ring of Fire 3: Lion Strike from 1994, 30 years ago this year starring Don "The Dragon" Wilson :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Never saw the 2010 Wolf Man or the Invisible Man movie in 2021. Not even sure I knew about it. Just not things I follow. I didn't even know there was a new Wolf Man movie in the works until I saw that trailer. Hope it's good, but too many "horror" films rely on CGI these days when sometimes simple is scarier.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:26 am

Oh the 2010 Wolfman was huge for Me & My Mom, I recall when We saw the preview at the show and We're like that's a must see then We saw it at the theater. One day I'll spotlight it and possibly the Dark Universe too in time. After Universal cancelled the franchise before it really started, I was so bummed about it so really the movies after 2017's The Mummy (I'll spotlight that in time too along with the other great Mummy films), I stopped caring about their next Universal Monster movies especially since the routes they went with The Invisible Man & Renfield :roll: Yes, simple can be scarier and this Wolfman looks like that. It's cool that Blumhouse is doing it too, their pretty good :blbat:

Point Break was one of 91's many great films. The movie score was great by Mark Isham :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:10 am

So I've been doing beach themed films and today is the first Sunday of the NFL season, so I give you...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:58 am

NFL season already :shock: I never seen Cheerleaders Beach Party, that looked pretty good, amazing that was 1978 :shock:

Okay, now I said when i posted 1991's Kickboxer 2: The Road Back that I was going to post the first one. Well here it is as it came out in 1989, 35 years ago this year :!:

So as you see how cool the poster is above, it stars Jean-Claude Van Damme in his second big film which the first was Bloodsport which is really My all-time fave JCVD film. I spotlighted that last year and I posted a a great showcase of My VHS & DVD + the very limited edition of the tremendous Movie Score CD in My all-crucial Odds & Ends for it's 35th Anniversary last year. When this movie came out, he was already a household name with Me & My Family, it was quick. This is a great film. It also stars Michel Qissi who plays the villain, the maniac Tong Po. Like JCVD, Qissi, he is from Belgium (along his real life brother Abdel) and is his best friend and was in many movies with JCVD. The movie is very emotional. Tong Po IMO is one of the most memorable bad guys in Martial Arts films. Here's the trailer :)

Now like Bloodsport, the music is composed by Paul Hertzog whom is a very talented composer as he writes instrumental Cues as well as songs. Here's this song called Streets of Siam. It's not My favorite compared to songs in Bloodsport but it's still very decent and fits the film scene very nicely :)

Here's this Cue called Stone City. Now this is sounds like it could be from Bloodsport. I mean if you know how that sounds then you know it's Paul Hertzog. It's sounds so good. You can just hear that Martial Arts is all about dedication. I know this because I was there when I was a student and I so regret not fulfilling My time time as one :roll: Listen to this :)

So as a bonus to remind you about the sequel, here's My quote from a long while back. Out of the two films the sequel is My fave.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So since over the past two days I have been surprised in PB's Zen Topic about Step by Step that Sasha Mitchell was in it as I didn't know him from comedy, I knew him as one of the best martial artists seen on film! The first thing I saw him in was 1991's Kickboxer 2: The Road Back. Oh I recall it like yesterday seeing the VHS Box at Star Video, I couldn't wait to rent it and I seen it countless times! While I'm moving a head before the first film, I wanted to show this because of Mitchell over the past 2 days. It continues where the first one left off as Jean-Claude Van Damme & his play brother has been killed off and Sasha is the third brother getting revenge on Tong Po who killed them :!:

Tong Po is played by Michel Qissi who is reprising his role from the first film. He is one of My favorite movie bad guys ever. He is real life friend of Van Damme who has been in many of his films. Kickboxer 2's real villain however is played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa who is such a great Japanese villain actor and has been in so much. It also stars Peter Boyle long before his Everybody Loves Raymond days. Also Vince Murdocco has a major part as well who was an upcoming fighter and there's other appearances by familiar actors & fighters of the 80s. Also a nice looking Ring Card Girl as well.

However, arguably the biggest surprise is the appearance of MMA Legend, Stunt Actor & Wrestler who was known as "The Godfather of Grappling" Gene LeBell who plays a referee. If you don't know him well he trained greats like Chuck Norris, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & "Rowdy: Rhonda Rousey :o Here he is raising Sasha Mitchell's hand in victory :o

Kickboxer 2: The Road Back is one of My favorite fighting films and one of the last great ones. Here's the trailer :!:

The score was great but never available however here's a tremendous song that really fit the overall tone of the movie and was one of the last of it's kind.

OK, so there's how I originally knew of Sasha Mitchell. I love the action hero films, I started loving them really early in My youngster days, I know the action actors like I do wrestlers. I'll post a lot of action & fighting movies soon :batsmile:

So they made some other Kickboxer films in this franchise but I'll get to them later. I'm going to focus on more great martial Arts films and some movies that I've meaning to do for a long while. Also sometime soon in My Horror Topic I'm going to post a great 1996 Martial Arts horror film called Night Hunter starring Ring of Fire's Don "The Dragon" Wilson & Kickboxer 2's Vince Murdocco :blbat: Also I'm going to do a special Mortal Kombat as well so there's a lot coming soon :blmm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:27 pm

I remember Kick Boxer on HBO but never really got into the films.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions