Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:14 pm

I don't mind Zack Snyder's style but sometimes it feels overdone. I liked Watchmen, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:08 am

I know what you mean. Yes, Watchmen was pretty good. Ah, An American in Paris. What a classic. The music in that trailer is fantastic. I've always loved it. George Gershwin was truly the last classic composer (Gustav Holst, the composer of The Planets passed a bit before Gershwin). My Grandma adored Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue too :)

Okay, let's get back to the fighting movies. For a long time I heard of him, seen him here & there but never saw one of his films till New Line Cinema/ Turner did a movie of Jackie Chan in the USA in 1995...it was called Rumble in the Bronx :!:

1995 was so cool, Turner did Mortal Kombat & Rumble in the Bronx during the same year. Here's Jackie Chan's dark Martial Arts comedy :)

The music was pretty goo, it was by J.Peter Robinson who did Wes Craven's New Nightmare a year before plus much more :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:54 pm

I seen a couple Jackie Chan movies when he first got big but again, was never really my thing. Cool that you like An American in Paris. I feel like many in our age haven't even heard of it let alone seen it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:54 am

I really haven't seen that many Jackie Chan movies compared to others. Yes and I fear the same about the music, like I said, Gershwin was the last of the classical composers. I never seen 1965's Beach Ball.

IMPORTNAT - Yesterday I posted My Journey to the show when I saw Alien Romulus. It was the 1st week Anniversary :shock: I posted it in three big parts. Whenever you have a chance to see My Showcase, take your time because there are some special moments in the beginning with a lot of info, surprises and pictures :) In order not to be spoiled just click the title of My Topic or go here --->

https://www.dctoyrevolution.org/special-events/brandon-s-journeys-jack-in-the-box-t1352.html

Okay here's this one. This was the first big movie I saw Chow Yun-Fat in co-starring with a "now big star" Mark Wahlberg and yes Yun-Fat got first billing...it's called The Corrupter :!:

It's very good...here's the trailer :)

Here's the Main Title by Carter Burwell :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:36 pm

I promise to try and get to everything this weekend when we get back home. Until then I haven't been online much. Can't say I've seen that latest movie.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:05 am

Oh I thought you were home by now already. There's no rush, you don't want to skip anything PB, just take your time ;) I never seen Beachballs but that looked something else :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:40 am

Nope. Be home sometime tonight.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:14 pm

Made it home but just quick posts tonight. I can't believe it's almost September. Halloween posts are just over a month away!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:44 am

Okay that is good. Yes, I can't believe September is almost here too. I gotta do some special spotlights soon before We do the Halloween Topics because all the focus will be on them :blbat: I've never seen Shag before, really it don't look familiar to Me at all so I don't think I knew about it but it has it's 35th Anniversary from 1989 right now as I type this :shock: :shock:

Okay, here's Chuck Norris's breakout film from 1977 called BREAKER! BREAKER!

It's pretty darn good. This is the movie that made him a star for decades to come. Here's the trailer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:30 pm

Nope, that was a little before my time and something I never recall coming across.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions