Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

31 Days of Halloween: Death of the Day

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: 31 Days of Halloween: Death of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:03 am

Yeah, there's actually big stars in the old horror films like that.

Cool trivia PB. That was a great scene in Scanners. That scene had the suspense and it still looks pretty real.

Friday the 13th Part 3 or 3D is arguably My favorite of the franchise. I couldn't find the kill I was looking for so I saw this kill count video so I thought heck, I'll just do that. the one I was looking for is the guy upside down in the jeans @ 1:04:/1:05...it's straight down the middle :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:48 pm

Looks like you forgot the video.

Today's Death of the Day comes from The Omen. Now, the first time I heard of The Omen, believe it or not, was because of an NES baseball game. That's right, Baseball Stars, Now the game has 8 preset teams, though you could make your own. And the players had first names only. So there was a team called the American Dreams, and they had players like Babe, Lou, Sandy, etc. based on famous MLB players. There was a Japanese team as well that had famous Japanese players. And there was also a team called the Ghastly Monsters, and they had players like Mummy, Freddy, Jason...and Damien!

So I knew who the obvious names were, but this was 1989 and I wasn't sure who Damien was, and it's not like we could Google it, lol. So that's how I learned about The Omen.

So here's to you, Father Brennan, you tried to get your point across to Damien's parents, and then got a point across, or rather, through you!

So in the end, he did have a point!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:25 am

Oh I'm very familiar with the Omen film however I knew about that Baseball game however :o That was an iconic kill scene but the one with David Warner I found far worse in the film :o Notice how the music is, it was by Jerry Goldsmith, he won an Oscar for it and notice how it sounds like Poltergeist that i provided the other day :o

Oh, so I did it again well here it is and My quote.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Friday the 13th Part 3 or 3D is arguably My favorite of the franchise. I couldn't find the kill I was looking for so I saw this kill count video so I thought heck, I'll just do that. the one I was looking for is the guy upside down in the jeans @ 1:04:/1:05...it's straight down the middle :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:04 pm

Today's Death of the Day comes from the dark comedy Tucker & Dale vs Evil, a movie takes the misinterpreted hi-jinks of a standard Three's Company episode and cranks it up beyond 10.

Fearing some hillbillies have kidnapped their friend, the teens mistakenly think they're in a life and death battle to save their friend, but instead find increasingly more bloody ways to murder themselves.

So today we get a double death, as the teens set out to battle for their freedom, we see Todd die first, followed by Mike, because in a battle of man vs machine, the machine usually wins.

So here's to you, Todd and Mike winners of the prestigously jusy made up just now Horror Movie Darwin Award. Just don't ask Steve Harvey to announce it...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:43 am

That was something else there :o

It's such a shame that 1981's Halloween II is no longer canon :roll: It's arguably the best one IMO. Here's this kill that Michael Myers wasn't involved in however when the deputy arrived and reveals the bad news the... :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:22 pm

Ok, let's do a Halloween one...

Today's Death of the Day goes to Bob. Poor Bob just wanted what every teenage boy wanted, some alone time with his lady. And then a cold beer afterwars.

Oh Bob, didn't you know you were in a horror movie and that was breaking not one, but two cardinal rules?

Well, now you can hang around the kitchen all you want.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:01 am

Ah yes, the fridge ghost scene, arguably the most memorable of the first Halloween movie.

Before Wes Craven was known for Freddy, he made DC's Swamp Thing!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:02 am

Today's Death of the Day is a real barn burner.

That's right, it's crispy Sergeant Howie in 1973's The Wicker Man. For some reason this final scene makes my think of The Grinch and all the Who's dancing around the Christmas tree only much more macabre. It's kind of like if Wes Craven and Dr. Seuss collaborated on a movie, lol.

I never saw the remake even though it starred Nicolas Cage, I'm sure it was Cage-ified to some degree, lol.

I always thought they should play Debbie Boone over the ending, maybe they did in the remake.

You light up my life...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:29 am

Yeah, the Wicker Man endings are really bad. There's crap like this is real life with sacrifice and all that, when I first saw the Burning Man festival I was like, holy crap, that's like the Wicker Man :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Here's the 2006 Cage version.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:23 pm

That was a little over the top, lol. Very Nic Cage.

Today's Death of the Day is as equally zany as Ash Williams kills...Ash Williams? Several times.

It's rare that someone could shoot themself with a shotgun and it's not suicide.

The Evil Dead movies are pretty good, but nothing could compare to the Gremlins 2 like turn into insanity that was Army of Darkness.

So listen up all you primitive screwheads or I'll get the boomstick!

And remember....always shop smart...shop S-Mart!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions