Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Introduce yourself to the community! New members should post here first and a moderator will activate your account and approve your first post!

Re: Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Postby Shockprowl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Crazy Jetty wrote:Wow! Wecome, Shockprowl! The board has a respectable marvel section, as well!

Hi CJ! And thanks for the welcome Acid Dragon!
Shockprowl
Civilian
Civilian

Postby faustX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi! Im faustX. You can call me faust! Im a DC man, through and through. Grew up reading moldy old silver age Flash comics from my grandparent's basement. Grew up to be a comic geek and a casual toy collector as well (included is a pic of some of my buds that hang out around the computer). A friend of mine, Grodd, turned me on to this board and you seem like a cool bunch of folks so I thought Id put down stakes here. Other than comic books, I am a gamer (I am an admin on one of the longest running Minecraft servers out there), a movie aficionado, history buff, theologian, goldsmith, and all around bon vivant. I am bearded and wear a fez. Anything else, just ask.

faustX
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi, faustX. Welcome to the board! Let me know if you need anything and have fun. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby faustX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Hey thanks! Just wondering if you have the tapatalk module installed? That would make using this site so much easier for me. I like to post during poop breaks at work!
faustX
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey faustX,

Sure I can install that for you. I'll shoot you a PM when I get it sorted. :batwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:06 am

Welcome aboard FaustX dude :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Terry McDannell » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 am

Hey there, everybody.

I'm Terry McDannell - aka/fka "Monkey Pops." I don't use that name everywhere anymore - I'm more prone to using my real name due to stuff that doesn't really matter. lol

I was invited by PackerBacker, whose customizing evolution it has been my privilege to watch.

I'll try to post some work here, although I'm trying desperately to get my own website up and running eventually...in the meantime, my stuff is starting to appear on tumblr.

For the record, I never posted on the matty boards - I just never had time and there's too much negativity over there for the most part, which is why I understand you guys branched out and started your own site.

Thanks for having me! More than likely I'll spend more time lurking than posting, as my online time is VERY limited at the moment. :)
Terry McDannell
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:10 am

TERRY!!!!!

So glad you stepped out of the shadows even if for just a moment. I've known Terry for years at another site and it was seeing all his amazing customs that inspired me to try my hand at some. Plus he was always willing to answer my questions even if some of them seem pretty dumb now, like how to pop a head off. That's why I'm always willing to answer any questions anyone has when starting out, and why I like our little customizing community here. There's some amazing work at fwoosh and such, but there's so many customizers there it's like being lost in the woods. Here we have a chance to build it up from the ground floor a little. Hopefully Terry won't be so shy and will share some of his excellent golden age and LoSH customs with us.

Hope to hear from you some more, sir! Welcome! :bafsmile:
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Terry McDannell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 am

packerbacker180 wrote:TERRY!!!!!

So glad you stepped out of the shadows even if for just a moment. I've known Terry for years at another site and it was seeing all his amazing customs that inspired me to try my hand at some. Plus he was always willing to answer my questions even if some of them seem pretty dumb now, like how to pop a head off. That's why I'm always willing to answer any questions anyone has when starting out, and why I like our little customizing community here. There's some amazing work at fwoosh and such, but there's so many customizers there it's like being lost in the woods. Here we have a chance to build it up from the ground floor a little. Hopefully Terry won't be so shy and will share some of his excellent golden age and LoSH customs with us.

Hope to hear from you some more, sir! Welcome! :bafsmile:

Well it's certainly nice to feel welcome!! Maybe I'll drum up some customs to post over here. How exactly does one do so on this site? Maybe I should read the FAQ...lol

And for the record - at some point we were ALL beginners, so no question is "dumb" or too simple, my friend. Especially when you consider I had to figure a lot of that out for myself. :)
Terry McDannell
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Terry McDannell » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 am

faustX wrote:Hey thanks! Just wondering if you have the tapatalk module installed? That would make using this site so much easier for me. I like to post during poop breaks at work!

Well, nothing like getting to know each other...REALLY well...maybe TOO well...lol
Terry McDannell
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!