Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:09 am

Oh the "original" Sinister Minister of Fear:!: Sinister Minster - Father James Mitchell wasn't the first (I've said before, too many people with the same name/called the same thing, Steve Williams - Steve Austin debacle, Diamond Dallas Page, Paige, Hangman Page, Ethan Page, Christian Cage, Brian Cage, Orange Cassidy, Isiah Kassidy etc.) as he didn't begin till 35 years ago this year which was 1989...the original guy was beyond that :shock: That promo was from 1985 from Bob Luce Wrestling and from the VHS Tape Library of Jim Mulvaney. Who was this 400 pound masked man :? After he was gonna give ya one these and one of those...he was Super Destroyer #2 but then he is Monster #2 but also he was Monster #1 too :o Really that's all I can say about him. Now Sinister Minster of Fear had a spooky stable long before the Wyatt Family and The Minstery of Darkness was ever a thought...heck even before The Dungeon of Doom was too :o I'm going to save that for Halloween, I don't want to spoil that classic moment so remember that :blbat:

Now, the video that you posted wasn't complete. Here's the whole hilarious segment :o

Here's The Sinister Minster of Fear on a Jerry Lewis Telethon :shock:

Okay, now here's this when Sinister was part of the Chicago Freebirds with Buddy Jack Roberts with their valet Sexy Cindy for Al's Italian Beef :!:

There's more I got to show of them and of Bob Luce & Jim Mulvaney...just you wait ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:28 pm

Didn't know any of that. I'm impressed you knew all of that since that was the first time I saw either of those guys.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:23 am

Well thanks :) I'm quite the wrestling historian, TK, Cody & The Rock ain't the only ones ;) No, seriously I'm grateful for what I know :) Oh man, Lanny Poffo as Sir. Amazing how he & Randy were known as brothers down south but once they got to the WWF they were as separate as possible. That's the knight suit Lanny wore in that Battle Royal I was talking about that I got on My VHS I showcased a while back. Too bad that didn't last when Savage became King and that it wasn't acknowledged that The Genius was his brother, he could have been The Macho King's Knight :shock:

Okay, today is July the first, that means The Fourth of July is coming. I'm going to be doing some cool stuff that happen in 93 because that was the most patriotic year in wrestling as I've shown in My 93 so as time goes by you'll see where I'm going with this ;)

First up is this. I remember this like it was last week when I got up early on Saturday Mornings to this :) This was and still is one of the most epic showdowns ever in wrestling. This happen on WWF Superstar in February of 93. It was a Knockdown Challenge of Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Yokozuna. Yoko hasn't been knocked off his feet yet since his debut in October of 92. It begins with a good promo by Duggan and & Ray Rougeau. The fans were so into this, watch them how they react, so different from today's fans :)

Here's the recap as Lord Alfred Hayes takes you thru it during this Special Report then Master Fuji & Yokozuna has a promo :)

Hacksaw's promo :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Never seen that before. I wasn't really around during the Yokozuna years so never really saw much of him outside of main events like WrestleMania.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:36 am

That was a great Scott Steiner promo, I could have him all day, he's so hilarious. I liked his freaks too :)

OK, before I go any further, I must introduce "The Narssist" Lex Luger before he became the American original. I greatly showcased the whole story plus My memories in Yo, Do You Remember 93 here --->

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wwf-wwe-nxt-f52/yo-do-you-remember-the-return-wwf-edition-t1154-20.html

First off, here's Lex Luger via Satellite at WWF Wrestlemania 8 in 92 after leaving WCW :!: He is going to the WBF...this whole thing was a very surprising moment because it came out of no where :shock:

Also I showcased the whole story about WBF, check it out at the link above if you want to refreshify :!: I really liked Vinnie Mac's WBF. Lex was going to be the number 1 guy but then he got in that terrible motorcycle accident and that changed things so much...he was replaced by Lou Ferrigno but ultimately it was Vinnie Mac's monster Gary Strydom whom won the whole thing :shock: Again I showcased the whole history via that link above. Here's the intro to WBF plus Lex Luger's promo :)

So, here's Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's mystery man of who his Narcissist...oh this was a great time :)

After he is revealed as Lex Luger at the 93 Rumble, again see My 93, here's this :!:

In her first WWF appearance after coming from GWF & SMW, the southern girl Boni Blackstone interviews Luger :!:

Luger became a "Knockout Artist" knocking everybody out. Here's this as he knocks Jim Powers out cold :o

As a small but big bonus...here's "The Narcissist" Lex Luger teaming with "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon...soon after this both would become the two biggest babyfaces the company would ever see :o

Okay, so there's that...more to come tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:43 pm

It's a shame what happened with Luger and Miss Elizabeth in later years. And that his health is so poor now. He really was one of the best physiques of that era.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:30 am

Dangerous Danny Davis was actually pretty good like that with Jimmy Hart and had decent promos as well. He had good moments as a ref too. He's one of the few Refs ever to do what he did :)

Yes it is :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: If you haven't already, watch that Bump Show I posted in the WWE Topic a while back, he was the only reason why I watched it that episode :shock: It was the first time since 1995 that he's been on WWE TV :o He's an ambassador for the WWE now so he's doing good there :)

Okay, now, Luger is still the Narcissist, he an Tatanka both fought each other at The King of the Ring in a great match and went to a time limit draw...both still remain undefeated. As you saw earlier, Yokozuna is THE ONE responsible for stopping Hulkamania in the WWF in 93 in one of the most shocking moments in wrestling history. Now since Hogan is gone and WWF is without a hero that cannot stop this monster, here's this interview soon after the KOTR on Monday Night Raw...The Fourth of July is coming so this means the Stars & Stripes Challenge is going to happen on the U.S.S. Intrepid on July the 4th where many guys are going to attempt to body slam Yokozuna :!: Listen to Macho Man say that Hogan & Duggan couldn't slam Yoko and how the USA is gotta band to together :shock: Mr. Fuji talks as Vinnie Mac interviews him plus Yoko looks really good :)

Tomorrow I will post the Stars & Stripes Challenge that happen on the U.S.S. Intrepid, it was a great event and one of the most memorable of the entire decade :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:03 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:52 am

How about that, Sandow is back. First from being the "Savior of the Masses" to this. It's interesting that he took that name, Aron Rex. Aron means "Mount of Strength" and Rex means "King" in Greek. So he's the Mount of Strength King :shock: However Aron is also slang for "lowest of the lows" :o That was some return and promo there.

Okay, HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY :) Here's the WWF Body Slam Challenge that happen on July 4th, 1993 on the USS Intrepid in New York. This was a huge historic event :) Football & Hockey players were trying to slam Yoko. There was a lot of people, even a Jockey that isn't in the video including the late great Bill Fralic was one of them :!: Watch Bob Backlund, Scott Steiner, Tatanka, Crush, and Macho Man all attempt to slam the WWF Champion :shock: Then the unthinkable happens with the shocking entrance of Lex Luger...watch as he shoves his manager Bobby Heenan away plus more in this one of a kind event was was extraordinary to see when it first occurred :)

Now, after Lex Luger did what Hulk Hogan and so many others couldn't do, he was an American hero now. He wasn't "The Narcissist" anymore, he dumped Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and was now "The American Original" :!: He was the biggest babyface of the company and the one whom took the place of "The Hulkster" (amazing that he was beyond Perfect and as like Mr. Perfect Beyond and the new Hulk Hogan all in a few short time period :shock: He would have a major campaign and be in a custom made metro bus called "The Lex Express". I recall this like it was last week, He went all over the Nation. I was hoping he would stop in St. Louis so I could meet him and see that great looking bus in person but he didn't :roll: Here's this great video that shows how this was :)

That was for Fourth of July but I'm going to continue more with this tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:15 am

That's a big man, I think the Hogan-Andre body slam was a little bit more impressive.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc