Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:36 pm

I almost always turned the music off on most sports games when I was younger. I usually had whatever CD I was into at the time playing instead but wanted to still hear the SFX of the game, just not the music.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:29 am

I see. I used to listen to all kids of music when I'd play with My action figures way back in the day so I know what you saying PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:05 am

So Me & Packer was talking about Ninja Commando & Kung Fury in his Movie Trailer Topic. They are retro films inspired by the 80s. I had mentioned that I had not seen the Kung Fury movie but I knew about it and stuff because of the video game that I bought a while back on My PS4 during a big sale. Its called Kung Fury: Street Rage.

Well, it's a digital game so this is one of the reasons why I never showcased it in My Video Game Collection. Here's the cool regular trailer :)

Here's the DLC trailer :!:

Here's this short gameplay video of the game :)

I don't have this but as a bonus, they came out with a Gold Edition last year I believe. It's really Hoff heavy too :)

Here's the trailers, listen for the great True Survivor song and the guy that announces the WWE Hall of Fame :shock:

I know Packer's kids has the Nintendo Switch, here's the trailer for that :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:41 pm

I never knew they made a game. That looks like all the great 4=player side scroll arcade games of the 90s like Avengers, X-men, TMNT, etc. Pretty cool.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:15 am

How about that, now you do Packer ;) Yes, it's a pretty good game and similar like those that you mentioned. They have made many retro fighting games like that over the last several years. I tend to get those more than most kind of games. I've always like side scrolling beat'em ups since the NES days like that such as Double Dragon & Battletoads,, Final Fight, TMNT, Streets of Rage etc. I gotta talk more about them types of games soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:30 am

So today is September the 9th, this means it's the 25th Anniversary of the launch date of Sega's Dreamcast on September the 9th, 1999, that's 9/9/99 :shock:

Amazing date isn't that :? Now if your not familiar with any of this, I'm going to post a little history here. First, here's it's very first launch commercial and it's an awesome one that's one of the most absolute best Video Game Commercials of ever of all-time :!: The story is, this really hot Japanese woman is a Sony Spy and realizes that the Sega Dreamcast "is thinking" ala like Skynet of The Terminator Franchise and today's real life A.I. obsession. I love this babe's facial expressions and it's really cool how this Japanese commercial is overall and this is one of the many things I miss about the 90s :batgrin:

Here's this Sega Dreamcast that shows the continuance of Sonic the Hedgehog and originality of it as a whole with new stuff :!:

Here's this one of Sonic Adventure :!:

Here's this one of NFL 2K :!:

I only played the system once and that was at My old Target. They had it on display in their Video Game Department. I played Nights into Dreams. I was about 18 in 99 and I wasn't crazy about it and I'm like this system isn't good at all. the controller is funky and just seems all over the place. Back then I was so high on My N64. Now I look back and I'm like darn I should have gave it a bigger chance. The system was way before it's time because it had so many capabilities including online play which is the crave for today's gamers. So here's this special newscast on the launch date, now check this out :)

Sadly the system went under quickly and became Sega's last major Console however they did release games for the PC and they also struck a huge deal with Microsoft and landed a ton of Sega Games with them including this one as this commercial is from 2011 special Sega Dreamcast Collection for XBOX 360 :!:

I hope you liked this and were surprised about this special Sega Anniversary. Look for a special Anniversary Showcase in My Video Game Collection to coincide with this sometime today :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:18 pm

I don't really recall that commercial but that was pretty funny with Jim McMahon. Never played that system either, Not even sure I've seen the graphics for it though I have heard of it. Was pretty much out of video games by then besides the occasional Madden or NHL purchase.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:01 am

I see, well it was Sega's last system and really that is a shame :roll: Thanks for the reply PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:47 pm

Over in My Video Game Collection Topic there was a tiny bit of a conversversation....

AcidDragon wrote:Wow, the Dreamcast is one of my all time favourite systems. Talk about underrated. It's one of the few original consoles of mine that I still own. I loved that system to death and got it initially for Fire Pro Wrestling D which in itself was an amazing game. So crazy that it's 25 years old now. The graphics were light years ahead of most anything else at the time and there were a lot of innovations like the VMUs, the style of controller was awesome to use and online play.

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Well, I'm glad that you liked the Sega Dreamcast Acid. That's cool you sharing your memories there, I love it when people do that, that's what I'm talkin' about and thanks for your reply as well :)

packerbacker180 wrote:You know, I've heard Fire Pro Wrestling mentioned over the years by a few people but I was never really sure what exactly it was. Was it some kind of import or something? I never came across anything like that.

Here's these videos of Fire Pro Wrestler for Sega Dreamcast. Does this answer your question Packer :?:

Now here's the recent game. I never played it because it's expensive. During this trailer, Kevin Kelly narrates :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:51 pm

So it's basically just a Japanese wrestling game that had character likenesses from various feds? Kind of looks like Street Fighter. When I've heard people talk about it in the past it sounded like there was something special about it. Is it because of the wrestler and match options?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions