Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 29, 2023 6:44 am

I wasn't sure if you did or not. Yes he did look quite young.

Oh I already covered Plane 9 from Outer Space in My Horror Topic. I put a lot of detail there and I showed the wrestler Tor Johnson and I even posted a bonus of Ed Wood with George "The Animal" Steele plus more...check it out :)

Spoiler:
BrandonDaCollector wrote:Ah, 1959's Plan 9 from Outer Space is regarded as one of the if not the worst film ever made but I beg the differ. If you ignore how the special effects are and all that stuff, you'll see that this film is truly remarkable because it is a horror film that delves into extraterrestrials and zombies plus there is some big surprises in it as well that one may not expect :shock: There's also a colorized version out there which I seriously recommend watching either in addition to to the black & white original for an added way of seeing this masterpiece but if your prefer colorized editions then go for that one if you ain't never seen Plan 9 from Outer Space :blmm:

Wikipedia page here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

Aliens from another galaxy come to Earth executing "Plan 9" and resurrect the dead for their dreadful purpose :!:

ImageImage

The Trailers!

Yes, Bela Lugosi's last film was as Ghoul Man but he was basically Count Dracula.

Legendary wrestler Tor Johnson is in this and he is terrific. We'll revisit him shortly :o

Vampira plays Lugosi's Wife "Vampire Girl " was one of the first if not the first of the exotic & strange glamorous kind in films and is known for her big appearance in 1959's Plan 9 from Outer Space :blww:

She was played Malia Nurmi who was one of the first Finnish actresses known and was quite bizarre yet quite stunning in her own unique way.

The Fantastic Musical Theme by various composers :!:

BONUS ENTRY

Here is Ed Wood (1994) that depicts the true story of the director of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Wikipedia page here ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood_(film)

Now If you know how today's androgynous day & age is, it's really nothing new cause he loved women's clothing :? See the trailer below.

The Tim Burton film has an all-star cast including Bill Murray. WWE HOF George "The Anmal" Steele was chosen to play Tor's character which he was the most ideal one and Lisa Marie was chosen to play Vampira's character.

ImageImage

Here is the trailer.

The Title Sequence by Danny Elfman :!:

Ah, here is 1961's The Beast of Yucca Flats :o It is also a big-time low budget film but it's actually really advanced in many ways because of the story, the way it's done and things that happens in it and really, the horror movie is completely nutz :!: There really is no dialog and it's only around 54 minutes too which is quite short for a live action film :o

Here is the Wikipedia ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_of_Yucca_Flats

Its about the KGB targeting a scientist whom was exposed to the bomb and becomes a mindless killing beast :!:

Once again legendary wrestler Tor Johnson is the highlight actor here :shock:

The Beast of Yucca Flats 3.jpg

The Trailer!!

The great Musical Score by Irwin Nafshun & Al Remington :!:

So here is Tor Johnson as you have just seen him above :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 29, 2023 10:31 am

Plan 9 was certainly something.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 30, 2023 3:31 am

Yeah it was.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:02 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 31, 2023 6:05 am

Shadow of the Vampire was good with a good cast. The original Nosferatu was a classic and I recommend seeing them back to back in chronological order or even vise versa.

Here's this one I saw at the show in 2017 that is a fairly simple yet engaging serious film with John Cena. When I went to the show there was only a few people there to see it.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:52 am

I tend to avoid anything John Cena, lol, so I never saw that one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:07 am

Yeah I am since he's like the Rock and really nothing but a forced comedy act, but he's quite serious in The Wall cause it's a serious movie.

Earth Girls was ok, that was a two year reunion of Geena Davis & Jeff Goldblum in 1988 since they were in 1986's The Fly, That was one of Jim Carrey's first roles in a film.

I wanted to post this one a while back but didn't...

Finals Score 1.jpg

I saw Final Score when it came out on demand in 2018. It star Bautista, Pierce Brosnan and now the late great Ray Stevenson. It's similar like Sudden Death just set in a soccer arena. The music was kinda similar too. Here's the trailer.

I a got a few more to post that has a wrestler in it soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:08 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:47 am

I loved The Princess Bride, I still recall seeing the box over at Verna's Mr. T's and being so excited that Andre the Giant was in it :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:59 pm

Believe or not, I've never actually seen The Princess Bride.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions