Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 24, 2023 4:48 am

Yes, that's what I said, he was going to be the villain but did they complete his scenes or not :?: If they didn't their gonna have to do them some other way, kill him off of do the Tarkin from Rogue One scenario :roll:

Ah Death Wish, I've seen all of the Death Wish films, you do know Bruce Willis was in the remake :?: Charles Bronson was a great action hero and despite he was older he really got the job done. I mean he was up there with all the greats. Jeff Goldbum is in this and he's super young playing a thug. It was one of the first of it's kind like this and I hate rape however I love to see thugs get their @$$ handed to'em :batwink: This isn't My fav of the franchise, if you continue with the series I'll say more ;)

Yes, Glass came out 2019. I know, seems like we're in an alternate reality since 2020, that's what I've been saying along. Oh I recall it like it was last week because it was a special anniversary for Me because it marked 10 years of Me going to the show like every month since 2009 and Glass was one of the big films I saw in that February on 2019!

Here is M. Night's Signs from 2002! It was a terrific alien invasion film. Mel Gibson was terrific as always and this was during the time when Joaquin Phoenix was being cast in films left & right and it seemed like everybody forgot about his brother that tragically died 30 years ago this year as I had said about before not that long ago. Macaulay Culkin's little bro is in this too. It has a bit of scary amateur footage style within it which was does quite good. The movie has a strong religious tone & nature to it too which if you have seen programs that go the extra mile in recent times, you'll see that religion & aliens go hand in hand...I don't prefer it that way but it seems like it's all connected some way, some how I'm afraid to say and that's why M. Night went that route. This film along with The Mothman Prophecies & Attack of the Clones were THE can't miss films during 2002! They actually play the movie's score in the trailer very briefly which is a very rare occurrence because they usually go with some other music.

Here is a great cue from the film by James Newton Howard. He won an academy Award 30 years ago this year in 1993 for best score for The Fugitive :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: He's one of My favorites and quite frankly one of the best. This is a tremendous piece throughout especially when 2:52 starts. My Grandma loved this music! I hope nobody skips this, spectator or not because it's so fun and if you know the film then you know this piece of music because it's the most crucial of the entire thing :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 24, 2023 6:19 am

Signs was alright. I don't think I've seen it more than once, though, I remember being a little disappointed with the ending.

Since Ahsoka comes out in August, I'd have to imagine they already filmed all of Ray Stevensons' scenes, but what his original fate and if they'll have to add a death scene or something, remains to be seen. He was playing a new character, so I have no idea how he ties into the story or if that will change.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 25, 2023 6:44 am

Before I get to the newer stuff I just found out that Tina Turner passed away :roll: She was born the same year as My Grandma :(

Tina Turner RIP 1.jpg

Tina Turner RIP 2.jpg

She's done a ton of great stuff but to Me she will always be Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome's Aunty Entity :(

OK, back to our regular discussion...

Well we'll see how his role & character goes then. Man you didn't stay on Death Wish long :roll:

The Arrival was a great film, It was part of the huge lineup of 1996 and you can tell how films & times were changing by seeing it. Charlie Sheen is really good here, I digged his girlfriend played by Teri Polo because she believed him and stuck with him all the way. Ron SIlver was decent as always. There is one thing that I never can ignore and that's how Sheen looked...My Cousin Brian had that same look during this year and every time I see this movie which is a lot I think of that lousy, using b@astard Brian :x I don't know if you know it but there was a sequel to it called The Arrival II that came out 25 years ago this year in 1998, while it didn't have the mysterious atmosphere the first one did, it was as fun as the original!

Here's a great piece of the score by the late great Arthur Kempel :)

OK, so here is this one by M. Night...it's called the Happening...2008...15 years ago this year...it was a total mystery of what the heck was happening here :shock:

Here's a cue of the score by James Newton Howard :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:30 pm

I never saw The Happening.

RIP Tina Turner, I wasn't a big fan but she had some good songs, and I always respected her work. You mentioned it, so there wasn't really any doubt what trailer today would be.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 26, 2023 4:11 am

The Happening was pretty good and complicated, it keeps you going till the end and even then your still not sure what happen :?

Yes, that was obvious wasn't it :?: I like the Mad Max films, I watched the Road Warrior countless times with My Grandpa. I absolutely loved the recent one in 2015 with Tom Hardy as Max and it had one of the most epics scores ever!

In fact all of the Mad Max films had great music, Thunderdome was overshadowed by Turner's presence with her songs which is a good reason however it really had a great score by the late great Maurice Jarre. Keep in mind he was french but one wouldn't know it since he made the score really authentically Australian sounding :)

OK, back to the Arrival, I have always loved these posters especially the first one, when 1996 occurred things were really changing most in everything and it really was in movies especially with alien films...that first poster always gave Me the creeps but I love that feeling a lot :batsmile: Despite what the second one says, I STILL always watch the skies :!:

The Arrival 1 & 2 - 1.jpg

So here's the sequel, like I said, the mystery of first isn't here but its still really fun & cool and does a great job continuing the story rather than having a new plot-line...it's really exciting watching them back to back as well :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 26, 2023 6:58 am

Didn't even know there was an Arrival sequel.Huh.

I read the Carl Sagan book Contact before the movie of the same name came out, and the movie was ok, but there's some things they changed. I don't recall what they were now, but I remember the book was much better.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 27, 2023 6:31 am

Yes they did and I seriously recommend to seem them both back to back when/if possible :)

Oh they always do that changing stuff from the books to the movies. They've done that countless times with comic book movies and especially video game movies but surprisingly there has been times they paid true to the original materiel.

Here's a cool suite by Alan SIlvestri of Contact, it's really good :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:13 am

It wasn't as egregious as Jurassic Park III. The movie was completely different to the novel. There was hardly anything after the first 10 minutes that were the same, lol. It was like they just said, let's do dinosaur King Kong instead.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 28, 2023 5:40 am

I see, and I had no idea about the Contact book. Yeah, My Grandma complained all the time about how they changed 1975's Jaws cause she loved the book though she loved the film as well.

Ah Close Encounters of the Third Kind, I was waiting & dreading this one because I have a extraordinary connection with/to it. It's not a connection like I had with Kindergarten Cop or anything like that, it's not that type of connection at all and that's all I'm saying. First off I always loved the posters ever since I first saw then when I was a youngster which was on My Grandpa's original vinyl record :)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind 1.jpg

So long ago I bought the VHS of the special edition...fast forward to 2017 it was the 40th anniversary and it was actually going to be released on DVD & Blu-Ray with every version made and be at the shows for a limited time. I pre-ordered the set on Amazon and even though I did I still went to the show and saw the film because I never had the opportunely to see it and this was going to My one and only chance to experience it on the big screen...I would have been the biggest fool and I would have kicked Myself so hard if I didn't :!: It wasn't a part of the $5 Tuesdays but it was $15...I didn't care I wanted & needed to see it and I cried & cried at the climax :!: So here is the trailer to that special edition I saw in 2017.

And here is this. I always say I associated Star Wars, E.T., Indiana Jones & Willow with each other especially seen in My showcases but I cryptically do with CECOTTK.

And last but certainly not least here is My favorite piece of music by John Williams from the score, I have the really cool special edition on CD. However My Grandpa has the original vinyl record, one day I got to get his records out because they were from such a special time :( :batsad: :wwsad: :smsad:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 28, 2023 8:47 am

Never saw that clip before. Hamill looks so young.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions