Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 19, 2023 6:27 am

Well at least you know him and and boy how did you :shock:

I never saw Color of Blue, one of the few Willis movies I haven't seen and good song.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 19, 2023 8:13 am

It was a bit mature it came out after Basic Instinct and was similarly for mature audiences, so that might be why. I don't remember it being anything great, I remember that song more than anything. They used to play once in a while at JC Penney when I worked there.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 20, 2023 6:10 am

I see and you could be right. That's cool about the song, you & JC Penny, I love hearing other peoples trivia about stuff :) The Sixth Sense was something else. It was a similar yet quite a different role for Willis. I remember the hype of it in 1999. This was really a time when ghost movies where taking on new twists & turns. It was that, The Blair Witch & The Haunting that dominated the theaters of that genre when they came out. I thought that it was really a shocking movie and still has one of the most unexpected climaxes ever IMO. This was spooked in the first Scary Movie in 2000 but I thought that was kinda cool. I don't know what today's generation or younger people would think of it...I wouldn't doubt they'd laugh it I mean when I saw the Slender Man at the show in 2018 these young guys behind Me were laughing at it and I was like how in the Sam "Freggin" Hain can you find humor in that :x Anyway this was M. Night Shyamalan's first big film and ever since he's been one to keep up with though his films keep on having a lacking for mystery like TSS for a while now. He did a big one with Willis in 2000 that actually spawned a cryptic sequel and made a third one as well...I'm sure you know what those are and you can post them next ;)

He has a partnership with James Newton Howard whom is one of My favorite composers and quite frankly one of the best, he's best friends with Hans Zimmer (the did the The Dark Knight Trilogy!!) and he one of the only guys that worked with Zimmer that never adapted the Media Venture/Remote Control sound as he has great sound of his own.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 20, 2023 8:59 am

Well, I'm going to do a newer M. Night movie. Honestly, I stopped watching his films long ago because it seemed like he was more interested in big twists than actul good movies. But about a year ago my wife asked me to pick her up some books to read on her lunch break, so I went to a local thrift store and looked around reading the back covers and grabbed like 3 or 4 books. Later on, I asked how they were, and she told me about this one that was pretty strange sounding but was also really good. Come to find out a few months later that M. Night was making a move from the book and it was starring Dave Bautista. I haven't seen it yet. She wants to when we can find the time, but Dave Schrader from Paranormal 60 (and numerous other paranormal shows) recently reviewed it and said it was surprisingly good. So I probably will watch it eventually.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 21, 2023 1:52 am

That's an interesting story there PB :)

Well I look at it both ways, a film with a big twist can be a good movie. Again, I ignore the critics, many years ago I have missed so many cool films & TV shows because I read and heeded what they said...it was so foolish of Me so for a long time now I watch the trailers, read what it's about and all that and judge it for Meself with My gut of what I like...not what some critics tell Me who really doesn't even watch them for entertainment & fun and what they are but to pick'em a part...oh and don't get Me started about movie score critics, they even bash Williams & Elfman which I stopped reading them a long time ago too and I suggest other people to do the same. Now I don't know Dave Schrader from Paranormal 60 nor that show but that's good that it praised the film so that is decent of him ;) I haven't seen Knock on the Cabin yet, Peacock has it and they've been hyping it up for a long time. It looks ok and yes Bautista is in it so I might see it soon.

2000's Unbreakable was M. Night's next film, there was a ton of great films that year. It spawned a cryptic sequel which was really cool and there wasn't any leakage on the web till a few days or so after it was as released then made another sequel to combine the two stories together...I'll post them over the next couple of days. With the plot of this it goes along the lines of what this board is about...superheroes which I'm not sure why nobody mentioned this before and I believe this was Bruce Willis' first film with his usual bald/shaved head look and is really good here. Samuel L. Jackson is great as always and has a very unique appearance here.

As I had explained before, M. Night has a relationship with James Newton Howard and he did the music for this one as well and it's a decent one at that :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:36 am

Unbreakable was pretty good. I haven't seen any of the tie in movies, just never was interested.

Spoiler:
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 22, 2023 5:52 am

I see, no wonder why nobody talked about it before :roll: More on that in a minute...

2001: A Space Odyssey was a terrific film, Its very complicated but it has multiple meanings and it's surrounded by controversies & conspiracies especially with the director Stanley Kubrick. It has one of the most absolute best scores that is actually a classical compilation. When I first saw Ric Flair so long ago and him coming out to his music I thought it was actually an original piece but My Grandma told Me that it wasn't and that it was "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss then she told Me all about the movie because she loved the film as she saw it at the show when it first came out 55 years ago this year and it became a big subject with Us for a long time. In fact she'd tell Me many things about it and she'd tell Me many times how Elvis would have his own personal theater at Graceland and watch 2001 over & over again and how he would shoot his TVs and get new ones because Elvis never could figure the film out :shock:

Strangely since 2020 there has been monoliths appearing all over the world and many are debunked as hoaxes but i'm not so sure, they discovered one on Mars' moon Phobos too so there is some possible truth to 2001 :o

OK well since you were never interested here is 2016's SPLIT as it may give a you a little spark! As you said it was a tie-in to 2000's Unbreakable...

Here is the scene. like I said, they actually kept the lid on this till it was released at the the shows that this was a cryptic sequel to Unbreakable 16 years later :shock: When people including Myself first saw this film were all quite surprised because it was just unexpected. I'm sure there was people that dug deep to find out about the film but I'm talking about people that didn't look it up and wanted to be totally surprised. Listen to the music in the background as it was a good Piano piece since you like Pianos...it's by Andrew Norman however when 1:01 hits it plays James Newton Howard's Unbreakable score and it's like why did the music suddenly change :roll: Well this is why :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 22, 2023 10:10 am

Yeah, I had heard sometime after that Split tied into Unbreakable and everything but by then I was honestly super-heroed and shared universed out on movies. I mean, I've said many times that I just can't be bothered to sit through many movies these days for various reasons, but Marvel, DC, really any kind superhero related movie, I'm like the guy at the end of Spaceballs.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 23, 2023 6:11 am

First off I just found out that Ray Stevenson died from unknown causes. He was a great actor :roll:

Ray Stevenson RIP 1.jpg

He was just penned to play the villain in Ahsoka, I don't know if they filmed all of his scenes or not or how their gonna work that out...maybe they'll do the Rogue One Tarkin deal or just kill him off...may he rest in peace :roll:

Ray Stevenson RIP 2.jpg

OK back to our regular discussion...

I guess the rest of the people on the board & perhaps elsewhere felt the same :roll: Sure I was getting a bit tired too of superheroes however I loved how all of the Marvel movies were all part of each other with one massive story I mean talk about such continuity and so much effort! I do get tired of the other things that most people don't talk about and that's the reboots, I've complained so many times, see My Dark Knight spotlights for instance. I still find it amazing I knew who John Hurt's (1984) Kane was before I saw Spaceballs that I was really got the connection their and I am fortunate to say that I saw Alien along with Aliens with My Grandpa (in the dark!!) many times back during the good times :)

John Hurt - Kane from 1979's Alien 1.jpg

Back to 2001: A Space Odyssey, I failed to mention how wonderful the special effects was and how creepy HAL was :)

The Omega Man was a great film, Heston was great as usual. I remember how it was when I first saw it, I didn't know what to expect and boy what an ending it had :o

OK so here's the sequel to Unbreakable & Split. It's Glass! It really did a good job at combining both films however I did feel a bit letdown how the film teased the big climax & how it ended but overall it was a solid one. It was cool that the boy in Unbreakable is in this and he's all grown up now.

Here's M. Night's cameo like he usually does :)

Here's this feature with him :)

I got 2 more M. Night movies for tomorrow & the next day ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 23, 2023 7:24 am

RIP Ray Stevenson, he was going to play a big role in the upcoming Ahsoka series as some kind of force weilder with an apprentice.

Was Glass only out in 2019? I thought it was a few years older than that, but the last few years of madness makes everything feel like it was much longer ago.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions