Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 14, 2023 6:23 am

How about that. I never seen that Superhero movie before and dang that was 2008, 15 years ago this year :o It looked like Dimension's Scary Movie franchise. Leslie Neilsen is in it which was cool PB :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 14, 2023 7:42 am

I think it was made by the same people after all The Scary Movies started to do poorly at the theater. I never actually saw it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 15, 2023 6:19 am

Yes, that's what I meant when I said Dimension as in Dimension films...you can see their logo in the beginning of the trailer. They were a great one that usually made horror films in the 90s & 2000s. They're actually a Disney company. For an example to get you to know what else they did well they did the original Scream films and Phantoms for example...they did some really good ones. As for the Scary Movie franchise, I only saw the first one. Seemed like they were heading toward the Naked Gun route instead of doing what made them :roll:

Oh I remember 92's SOMMWS. This was when Stallone was doing different roles and types of films since he retired Rocky & Rambo until the 2000s. I wasn't big on it but My Grandma was but it was pretty good and had it's moments.

Alan Silvestri did the music, it has never been released :roll:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:43 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 16, 2023 5:13 am

TWNY was pretty good. Willis is fine. I loved Michael Clarke Duncan. Amanda Peet never did anything for Me. I never saw the sequel the Whole Ten Yards.

The music was pretty nice, it was by Randy Edelman.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 16, 2023 8:23 am

I kind of liked Amanda Peet. The sequel wasn't as good but sequels rarely are.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 17, 2023 4:46 am

It's not that I didn't like her looks or whatever, it's just how she is in her roles. Striking Distance was one of My Grandma's favs, We watched that a ton of times back in the day and I downloaded it for her a long while back and she just loved it and watched it many more :( I think it was a pretty good film. It has some great cop scenes and all that. Willis is his same old good self. Sarah Jessica Parker was another like Peete, just OK. Some gals do it for Me and some don't. Dennis Farina is his usual too. It's hard to believe that this was another good one from 1993...30 years ago this years and it's really an underrated film of just not Willis but in general so cool PB :)

The music was great by Brad Fiedel (The Terminator, T2, True Lies, Fright Night 1 & 2) and in fact if you know those great scores especially the first three that I mentioned then you can hear the similarity within this ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:45 am

Yeah, Sarah Jessica Parker never really screamed sexy startlet to me, so she was an odd casting, but overall it was a pretty good movie, the kind of police action film my dad always liked to rent back then.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 18, 2023 4:58 am

Totally agree and and that is really good ;)

Ah Last Man Standing, one of 1996's many fine films. That was another good Willis one. It's a really an underrated mobster movie.

Tiny Ron was in it (Al from the Naked Gun franchise)...you can see him in this pic and see how huge he was.

One big aspect of the film is that it had two scores which the first was rejected...

The original was by the late great legendary Elmer Bernstein (Ghostbusters) which I'm like how in the heck could you even think about doing that :shock: :roll: When I saw this long ago at Our local record shop I had to buy it immediately and I wasn't disappointed :!:

The replacement and used score was by Ry Cooder (Trespass). It's great but to think that this wasn't even supposed to be but it was.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:32 am

Ry Cooder! I have only heard of him because he was in a line from At the Hundredth Meridian, a song by the Tragically Hip:

If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me
If they bury me some place I don't want to be
You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously
Away from the swollen city breeze, garbage bag trees
Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
And lower me slowly and sadly and properly
Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy

I've said before I'm a sucker for pianos, so I really liked this song from the film

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions