Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 09, 2023 6:50 am

I see, then I'm not gonna watch it, I don't need depressing stuff and The War the Roses...that's another one :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 09, 2023 9:36 am

Oh, The War of the Roses isn't depressing, it's a dark comedy, and quite a good one too.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 10, 2023 7:18 am

It is when your parents fought all the time you see that :roll: Some movies just stick with Me I'm afraid.

K-9 was pretty decent. I recall ten hype it got in 1989. Belushi was pretty good. This was really the first time I focused on him. It had a great quality to it and it was one last films of the 80s.

There was another K-9 Cop film about 6 years later called Top Dog. It starred Chuck Norris and it was really his last main stream film. Me and My Mom is been watching Chuck Norris movies. I started this cause I told her about this year being the 30th anniversary of being the death of Brandon Lee year and she really didn't know that stuff like I do. So I wanted to have a Bruce & Brandon Lee marathon and then watch the Norris films cause Chuck Norris actually fought Bruce in The Way of the Dragon which this day is a dream fight and I thought that would be a great way to introduce Norris to Mom but she wanted to see the Chuck Norris films first because she was never interested in him back in the day but now is so we're on a Chuck Norris marathon and still quite a bit to go. I remember way back then when I was a youngster and even a teenager telling her how good he was and now she's finally knowing it. I know all about Norris, he had some good times in wrestling particularly in the WWF in at the 1994 Survivor Series and in fact when I watch his films it's amazing some of the wrestling moves he pulls off like fireman carries & dragon sleepers. Norris was actually an inspiration for Bryan Danielson...if you notice there's a resemblance and you can't help but think that when you see Norris in his Missing in Action trilogy. Anyway Top Dog was directed by his broth Aaron who directed most of his movies and this one a fairly decent film.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:50 pm

I can understand that with The War of the Roses. There were quite a few dog movies in the 90s, I think we did Turner and Hooch already. I'm not sure if I ever saw that Chuck Norris one though (don't tell him).

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 11, 2023 5:17 am

Good. Yes there was and yes you already covered Turner and Hooch. How about that. I was never interested in Curly Sue and really still ain't but Belushi was still great though.

Since your doing Jim Belushi here's his tiny cameo in Ghostbusters...he's the mover with the headphones listening to Air Supplies' "I Can Wait Forever".

In short they did that to honor his brother John who was going to be in the film originally though the film was going to be nothing like what it became according to everything I know about it.

John Belushi the Ghostbuster!.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:21 am

I remember really wanting to see Curly Sue. I mean, commercials can sell just about anything to a kid, but this was right after Home Alone and that was a big selling point. I remember the movie not being terribly good though. Pretty sure we rented it; I don't recall the theater this time.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 12, 2023 6:47 am

Well that sounds good. I believe I saw the first Benji but not the others.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:12 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 13, 2023 5:46 am

I actually never seen that Muppet one before, that looked pretty decent and Tim Curry looked really good here.

I know the music is tremendous. It's by Hans Zimmer. He really upped the ante with his sound in the year of 1996. It was absolutely obvious why he was chosen to do the Pirates of the Caribbean films years later :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:47 am

I've never seen it either to be honest.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions