Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:17 am

Really PB :? That is not what i'm saying, I'm saying gimme another JOHN CANDY Movie trailer...geesh PB :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Oh now we're talking, thanks for the joke :roll: :lol: :batsmh: :wwlol: :smummm:

Ah Wagon's East. That was pretty good but never can hide the fact that this was released in 94 when he passed away :roll: This had some really good moments. I was never a big Richard Lewis fan though. Check out McGinley's hair :shock: keep'em comin' PB, get on that roll ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:21 am

I don't mind Richard Lewis in smaller roles like Robin Hood Men Tights. I haven't watch Wagon's East in a long time, it's sad to think it came out after he passed. The world could've used more John Candy.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:04 am

Indeed so PB. like I said before, one day in 94 Me & My Grandparents just got done having a good time at Steak 'n Shake on Gravios & Hampton, since SNS made their stupid business decisions a while back that place has been leveled down :roll: I showed the location before in My Odds & Ends, it was across the street where Walgreens is now (it was Redbird Lanes during this time in 94 but not for long) and just down the street from Schnucks. Anyway when We came out from dining in We saw the newspaper stand there and on the front page the headline was that John Candy had died, it was a sad day after that :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Brewster's Millions was pretty good. It's not My fav but its entertaining. Candy was more of the co-star/supporting role while Richard Pryor shined. Pryor was good. He had a classic sense of humor and stuff. Candy was kinda lighter as he hadn't gained that weight yet but he was getting there. Keep it going PB, there's more John Candy ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:52 am

I think we've covered a lot of his movies here and previously.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 01, 2023 3:09 am

There's still some more to go, especially 3 big ones with the initials PTA, TGO & WHC... ;)

Ah Armed and Dangerous, I think that was the second one I saw with him with Summer Rental being the first. This was really hilarious. Amazing how the drag & gay stuff was funny then bit now it's shoved in our face forcing this generation :roll: Really this is one of the most underrated comedies. I love how Candy is here, he's funny, gutsy and just cool :)

Here is the fun theme song :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 01, 2023 1:56 pm

Well, Planes I was going to save for the next holiday season. I think we did Who's Harry Crumb? already because I remember you talking about the women. And I thought you did The Great Outdoors before. But here's one, I know we talked about Cool Runnings, just can't remember if we did the trailer. We've talked about so many movies it's sometimes hard to keep track, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 02, 2023 4:59 am

OK well Planes sounds appropriate timing. Somethin' you recall Me sayin' about the women in crumb so I guess we did talk about it :shock: IDK about the Great outdoors :? I know we talked about Spaceballs numerous times before hand. I know, we do talk a lot about movie don't we ;)

Cool Runnings was pretty good, I haven't seen it since it came out 30 years ago in 93 but I recall a lot of it and the trailer helps. Candy was getting petty big in size and the black guys were all likable. It's really a feel good film.

Here's a great cue by Hans Zimmer :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 02, 2023 6:20 am

Cool Runnings was ok. I felt like it was a little over-hyped, but good enough.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 03, 2023 4:40 am

It was good enough.

I saw the Network recently only a few short months ago. Beale is so wondrous here sometimes I feel like him as this modern society really frustrates Me cause the majority of it doesn't show Me if it knows what's really going on :x Faye Dunaway is really good and I like how she has this sexual/seductress side to her sometimes but her character in this film is so one-sided being obsessed with TV and has no compassion for love making or anything else, I really hate it when people are like that and the "job" is more important than your better half, family & friends. Ned Beatty is excellent here, a role that he hardly ever get's credit to. Holden, Finch & Duvall are all good as well I mean when isn't Duvall good :?

Now I have spoke in My showcases about Owellian as I try to give hints about stuff, this is the way I fear the country is heading. It's based on George Orwell's book and its really a gruesome film about "thought crimes" and again stuff that is really not far from reality IMO. I'd only recommend to see this if you want to learn truth & gotta strong stomach.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:30 pm

I've never actually seen the film, I probably should.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions