Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:19 am

Yep it is. Huh, how about that ;)

Actually I only saw bits and pieces of that Muppet movie.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:06 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:29 am

I saw that one but only once I believe long ago. The Manhattan Muppets was pretty good :)

SUPER SPECIAL NOTE!! Today is My Grandpa's Birthday. In all three topics look for a special about him PLUS sometime TODAY IN THE MORNING LOOK FOR a special Tribute to him in the Special Event Section, I will appreciate that very much :)

Here is the trailer of one of My Grandpa PoPo's favorites movies, 1955's Bad Day at Black Rock :!:

Here is the cool title sequence & music by Andre Previn :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:02 am

I can't say I've seen that but it looks like a decent cast.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:18 am

Indeed.

I never saw KOTZ,, that looked cool :)

Look for a big & crucial one from Me tomorrow and a big showcase in My Odds & Ends that will coincide with it imperatively :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:44 am

It comes out next month, actually. I knew nothing about it but that video image looked interesting, so I shared it. I haven't seen a trailer for it anywhere.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:11 am

I see, no wonder why.

It's been a long time since I saw the live action Popeye, I used to watch the cartoons all the time, My Grandpa like'em too.

Here is a special that I planned for quite a while and it is...

So the The Crow came out in 1994, it was a big story then. If you didn't experience this time for whatever reason here is why it was a major controversy. It stars Brandon Lee who plays the character based on the 1989 comics.

It's about him & his fiancée getting killed by a gang and he becomes a resurrected soul bent on revenge. During the big shootout scene in the film which was one of the most important ones because of what it represented in the story however during the filming of the scene, something went wrong with one of the prop guns as it fired actual bullets' and instead of blank/dummy shells thus legitimately killing Brandon Lee :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: The son of the legendary late Bruce Lee died on March 31, 1993 which this year marks the 30th anniversary :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I was a huge Bruce Lee fan as I noted many times before and I was a big fan of of his son as well. I thought he was quite talented, a tremendous martial artist and left this world too darn soon at only 28 years old :(

Here is his Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Lee

I posted a special Magazine of this very date April 19, 1993 that I own that spotlights this unfortunate history that you don't want to miss in My Odds & Ends which I will provide a link at the climax of this feature :batsmile:

Here is Brandon Lee as the titular character Eric Draven aka The Crow :!:

The film also stars Ghostbusters' Ernie Hudson as a cop, Michael Wincott as the villain, Bai Ling & Sofia Shinas as the hero & villian love interest as well as Anna Thompson & Michael Massee as thugs.

Here is a quote by Brandon Lee. Read it with care :(

So by now you should know that I'm a observant person of history and trivia. If your talking about The Crow, there's something that you might be thinking about and that is the wrestler, the icon Sting which he has had a gimmick & style like the The Crow for nearly 3 decades :shock: So how did this start however you ask :?: Well I'll tell you :? In late 1995, Sting was letting his surfer look fade away as his blonde hair was turning brown letting go to it's natural color of being bleach blonde for over a decade. By time the middle of 1996 he was a brunette and the Surfer Sting look was gone. The nWo arrived and Hulk Hogan betrayed WCW thus starting the first true moment of the Attitude Era. So times were changing and people were changing, these fans weren't the gimmick & fun loving wrestling fans anymore (I was still, I didn't want stuff to change). Sting knew this and he was going through change himself to become a new version of himself. However backstage he & Scott Hall who just jumped ship from the WWF was talking to The Stinger and suggested that he alter his idea of gimmick change. He talked to him about The Crow film and said how your WCW's hero and against these thugs of the New World Order. Sting loved the idea and went with it and it became a huge hit with the fans that wanted more gritty stuff in wrestling and thanks to Eric Bischoff green-lighting this, WCW was winning countless Mondays because of the dark & mysterious new persona of Sting :!: I've let be known here I wasn't a fan of it a sit wasted so much time and became repetitive every week on WCW Monday Nitro cause I was so used to the "Surfer" Sting, it's who I grew up with :roll: Here is a picture that I made to show what I just said :batsmile:

Sting wasn't trying to be identical as Eric Draven, besides the dark clothing & makeup, there was tons of times he seemed like a doppelganger of Brandon Lee' character especially when Sting had his own bird which was a large Vulture :blbat:

So Steve "Sting" Borden still does this today in AEW. Sure he's evolved the gimmick and adapted to many situations including being the face of TNA. IMO sometimes Brandon Lee's Eric "The Crow" Draven is like a supernatural concept version of DC's The Joker and Sting even pursued the direction of a twisted Crow Sting/Heath Ledger Joker hybrid in TNA which Ledger was another great one. It's weird back in 96 I thought during Sting's transformation was kinda like Jim Carrey's Riddler (Cody Rhodes's Stardust was really like him 2 decades later) and then Sting does this all these years later :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Sting even had a stint in the WWE :shock: His look over the decades always appeared different yet so similar. It's really amazing that he's still at it in AEW. I don't know how many people know the trivia I revealed here but it's quite important to know if your a fan of The Crow & Sting. Here is collage of "similarity" that I made :blww:

Here is the Trailer of 1994's The Crow.

Here is 2 cues from the composer Graeme Revell who is a great composer and a very underrated one of the horror genre!

Michael Massee in 2005 finally talks about him shooting Brandon Lee on the set of 1994's The Crow in March of 1993, 30 years ago this year :o :shock: :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Massee passed away in 2016 :roll:

Gifs!!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I showcased a very special 1993 People Magazine that spotlights the death of Brandon Lee. I go IN-DEPTH on this even further than what I did here about it and plus much more, you don't want to miss it :o When you get the time please check it out, I planned this for a long time, here is the link to My presentation in My Odds & Ends :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post46884.html?hilit=People#p46884

So there you have it. I hope liked it and were surprised. Did you know that about Sting & Scott Hall :?: They made some sequels to the film and of course reboots are in the plans. I'll post more of Brandon Lee soon as well as his father and other action stars later in time :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:35 pm

I liked The Crow well enough. Haven't seen it in years and never saw any of the sequels. I wasn't watching when Sting made the change but I think it was a great call by Scott, and it endured a lot longer than I think his surfer look would've. Hell, he still looks great today.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:43 am

Well you can see how it all was either on YT or on Peacock. I much as I complain about it its such a far better time then the wrestling we have now from any fed IMO. Yeah, that's the one I was talking about the reboot of. Why do they have to make one, the first and the sequels were good enough, thye just can't leave anything alone especially when Brandon Lee basically died for the role :x They've had these talks since at least 15 years ago in 2008. First Jason Momoa was going to play Draven then it got scrapped now Bill Skarsgard, who played Pennywise the Clown in the new IT movies and is also the real life brother of Alexander Skarsgard and the son of Stellan Skargard who plays Andor's Luthen Rael that you like PB, I thought he would be an ideal choice on paper but really IMO he is putting no effort, no charisma, no personality into the Crow and IDK why :? Hell, Darby Allin IMO would have been a better choice had they went that route. Again they should have let it alone, there was so much history there as I greatly pointed here and in My Odds & Ends and this generation needs to look back on it, not go the easy way with an unnecessary, unneeded reboot IMO :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:03 am

Yeah, I have no interest in the new one. Darby would've been an interesting choice. Some things you can't really hope to replicate, like Star Wars. Oh wait...nope, you can't replicate that, JJ.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions