Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:05 am

I see, that is a great history lesson that you gave Me PB, I didn't know that and I love hearing about moments like that ;) Major League was a pretty good one. Sheen really shined here and it also had a good cast including Tom Berenger. In fact this is really one of the best baseball films you could watch.

When I was sick and recovering in the hospitable in 1995, they had a lot a movies over there for the patients. I watched SW:TESB countless times and this great one many times as well :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:10 am

You can't go wrong with Tony Danza and baseball!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:32 am

Yep indeed. I never saw Bad News Bears before, that looked cool. Amazing cast and Jackie Earle Haley was just a little boy. It's cool that the secret weapon was a girl. It' really a shame that most major league sports doesn't have a women's side/division. I would be for that so much. Speaking of that, here is 1992's A League of their Own. I saw this with My Mom & her boyfriend Jasper at the Drive-Inn in Crestwood a while before the braniacs decided to tear it down :roll: It was a double feature...the other film was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was a quite different but good time :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:29 pm

Funny, when I woke up this morning A League was on tv. I saw that in the theatre. I liked it then though I'm not really a fan of most of the people still alive from that film, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:49 am

That's a coincidence. It was kinda cool seeing Hanks and Madonna with black hair. I think this was teh first time I saw Rosie O'Donnell. Oh I liked Geena Davis, I did so before of her in 1986's The Fly & 1989's The Burbs. Dang, another 1988 film that has it's 35th anniversary this year :shock: I never saw Bull Durham, only clips. It looked ok. I like Tim Robbins, he's pretty talented. Robert Wuhl is ok, I was never a fan of him, the only thing I really saw him was 89's Batman as Knox. I really never got into Susan Sarandon. She was always good looking but I never really got into her. Her ex-husband Chris is good. Kevin Costner, here he is again. Westerns, Baseball & Apocalypse. He was in at least 2 films of each subject. I don't know if you know the true story about him a certain Baseball legend. I'll talk about that later. Good PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:27 am

Oh, Bull Durham is a terrific baseball movie. You should give it a watch someday.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:53 am

I'm sure it is and like For Love of the Game I never saw that on either. They were on Peacock last year but I never got to them, maybe one day I'll see'em :)

Here's this one :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:19 pm

Goodman did a good job in that one.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:17 am

Oh yes, that movie was pretty good. Goodman was an excellent choice, who would have been better really :?:

Oh I thought you were gonna do Cobb PB, seemed kinda obvious. I saw that one too but I wasn't as thrilled with that one compared to Babe but it was still good :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:53 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions