Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:13 am

Nah, that was a longtime ago for my wife, lol. Now I think we just love vicariously through my daughter who takes a bunch of dancing and acting classes.

I've never really watched an entire Spaghetti Western. Like I said earlier, I like the Western genre, and if it's newer than the late 80s I probably seen it. But I never really checked out any of the older ones from the 60s and 70s. But the titles coincide with the Community episodes, so....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:07 am

I see and that is good :)

So there's the second one. It was so good how they made all these sequels and continuations during those years. Seems like when the 2000s they didn't do stuff as there was always probs, only a handful of franchises were lucky. Morricone did that one too and it's arguably even better :)

Now here is one of My Grandpa's all-time favorites, The Bravados from 1958. He watched this many times. He'd record tons of these classics on VHS when TV was really good and AMC was still AMC. Posting this and listening to it's theme bring tears to My eyes cause I know how special it was to him, this year marks the 20th year he left Me and it was too soon too :( PoPo, if your somehow looking, watching and listening to all of this it's for you :cry:

Here is the theme & score by the legendary Lionel Newman, brother of Alfred who composed the 20th Century Fox theme you are about to hear. This was such a fantastic piece of music and really was one of first pieces I heard from an older movie that I really liked. When I was a youngster I realized that there just wasn't music to like from of My current time, there was a lot to hear & love from the past too. Listen to how wonderful this is :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:50 am

Never heard of that one, but it looks good. Pretty standard plot for a western, but that's not a bad thing. Never thought of Gregory Peck as a cowboy.

No surprise with today's trailer, the third film in The Dollars Trilogy....

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:33 am

My Grandpa could tell you so much about these old westerns, he was really a living book of knowledge and he didn't need the web to be that way :) He loved Peck and saw most if not all of his films.

Yeah, TGBAU maybe the most famous of the trilogy. Morricone did the music for that one too :)

Another one of My Grandpa's favorites was 1953's Blowing Wild starring Gary Cooper. He really liked him too. When he was able to buy it on VHS he was so thrilled back in the early 90s :)

I couldn't find a trailer but it really doesn't matter, here is the beginning of the film with a great song. The score was by Dimitri Tiomkin, another legend that My Grandpa loved which you'll see his name in the credits. Listen to this wonderful song :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:23 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:28 am

So we're done with Westerns :?: I never saw Rad before, it looks like one of the first movies of the kind. Cool that Shire was in it. This was 1986 and really during a time when sports was still sports and really fun to watch and newer stuff like this BMX was coming into being a refreshing one. Nice PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:51 am

Well, we can always do more Westerns. Feel free to post more. I'm sure I'll go back to them again.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:05 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:13 am

OK so back to these topics, I see PB :) I never saw nor knew about the BMX bandits and that was 1983, 40 years this year :o Gosh, Nicole Kidman looked different yet her looks really hasn't changed over the decades, really it was just her hair. That trailer's music sounded really good too, amazing PB ;)

Here is another one that My Grandpa loved, The Big Country from 1958, 65 years ago this year starring Gregory Peck :!:

Here is the opening titles, music by Jerome Moross, he always wanted Me to hear it on his tape he made :)

I never saw that one, Eight Men Out, yet another from 88 that is 35 years old this year :o That on looked pretty good PB :)

Since Baseball season is underway, here's this one. It's another one of My Grandpa's faves. He loved Baseball too. he knew so much of the it and hen when I finally got into it in 98, he told Me a lot :) His really been on My mind as of late :( This is 1984's The Natural. Its one of the best Baseball films made. He'd get tears in his eyes when the big scene would happen at the end, see your Zen topic for that scene :)

Here is the wonderful theme & home run music by Randy Newman, yes, the same Randy Newman of the Newman family :o

NOTE: Check out My Composers topic, I posted a special about Ludwig Goransson, I think your really gonna be surprised, read all My trivia and listen to the great music too :)

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post46673.html#p46673
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:10 am

Eight Men Out is a terrific period baseball film. So is The Natural. The Natural was actually filmed at the old Buffalo War Memorial Stadium here in 1983. I was only 5 and don't really recall the filming or the Stadium really, as buy 1988 we had a new baseball stadium downtown as the city tried to get an MLB expansion team and even the Expos as they looked to relocate, but it never came to be. Some pretty good names passed through in the 80s as we were the Triple-A affiliate of the Indians then the Pirates. I do remember going to an exhibition game between the Bisons and the Pirates and Barry Bonds had a great day. Of course, that was way before he got gigantic from 'roids.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions