Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:31 am

I saw that last night. The headline said, Star Wars Actor Dies Suddenly. Not to be happy anyone died, but my heart sank thinking it was someone else.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 am

I know what you mean and yeah, there's been a lot of "Dies Suddenly" in news reports over the past few months, more than I can count, it' like a trend now :roll:

Oh Scarface, another 1983 great, 40 years old this year :shock: My Grandma got Me the Jada Toys Replica of his 1963 Cadillac with the figure for Christmas many years ago, one day i might showcase it :shock: The movie has a great score by the legendary Giorgio Moroder. If you know how his scores to 1982's Cat People & 1984's The Neverending Story sounds then you'll immediately recognize this cause they sound very similar :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:01 am

I've actually never seen Scarface, lol. Mob/gangster movies just were never my thing. I've seen many of them, but never went out of my way to see older ones. I've never watched any of The Godfather films, either.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:11 am

Oh I'm not a gangster film fan either. I never saw the Godfather films, I was never interested, I'd rather watch monster and action films, so much more entertaining and stuff like the Sopranos etc. My Mom is a big Sopranos fan but I never got into them cause I don't like that style. Even the little stuff Tony D'Angelo in NXT does kinda annoys Me cause I really don't like that style, it's just a classy alternative gang-bangin' :roll: IMO I've said it before in My showcases and other topics that My Mom's boyfriend Jasper was Italian and I grew up a bit knowing Italian stuff. It wasn't like anything I said above but I know what it's like being with an Italian family. It has it's ups & downs and at times it was quite fun. Now if there's a ton of action & shootin' with an action hero, interesting characters then I'll watch it. Dick Tracy is a great example, one day I'll post My love about that, in fact there will a hint of it in My Marvel topic soon :batsmile:

I never saw Johnny Dangerously, one that I never really got into or anything.

A few days ago I was thinking of it so i thought I'll post this one that came out 5 years ago this year in 2018. I have always loved the action hero movies ever since I was a youngster like Bruce & Brandon Lee, Chuck Norris, Stallone, Van-Damme, Lundgren & Seagal. I have seen most films like that. When I first saw this trailer back then I had to see the film for a number of reasons and the film was pretty good....it's called I AM VENGEANCE :!:

I Am Vengeance 1.jpg

It stars Stu Bennett aka WWE's "Bad News" Wade Barrett. He's really cool in this and proves to be a potentially standard action guy. His co-star and the villain of the movie is very underrated martial arts star veteran Gary Daniels, usually he isn't a bad guy but this is was kinda refreshing :!: Barrett only has the mask on very briefly, kinda like Casey Jones in the TMNT movies but really actually worse which is quite bittersweet if you like masked characters :roll:

I Am Vengeance 2.jpg

Now this isn't a WWE Studios movie, it an indie UK film however it is distrubted by Lionsgate who has huge contracts with legends such as Stallone & Willis and more like Batista & other WWE Stars. Barrett was gone from WWE during this time and got into being an actor. Here is the trailer, I love the Come'on, let's dance...REALLY? scene :batlol: :wwlol: :smlol:

I Am Vengeance 3.jpg

It has a cool score by Anthony Neale & Steve Bellamy of Greenhaus...

In fact, during the the end credits, Anthony Neale & Steve Bellamy of Greenhaus has a really cool song too, I love it when a composer is a singer or vice versa and actually play instruments and it multi-talented :)

Did you see this one or even know about it :?: Were you surprised :?: The 2010s had a ton of action hero films from stars of the past plus newer ones and 2018 had a lot of'em. I am Vengeance was really good but it was one of many. They came out with a sequel in 2020 (that's when I started not to pay attention to new movies, the PlamDemic and everything else fixed that :roll: called I Am Vengeance: Retaliation and it again stars Barrett and of all people Vinnie Jones but I haven't seen that one yet, maybe soon. Later :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:04 am

I know Barrett did some acting but I never saw that movie. Always liked his Bad News gimmick, shame he got hurt.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:34 am

I see. It was indeed. I was surprised when he returned a couple years ago in NXT as a commentator but really kinda disappointed that his role has been toned down and turned silly in a so-so way. He's currently on SmackDown as a color commentator.

I never saw the original Ocean's Eleven but I did see the remake, it was ok, not My type of movie to see all the time however. here it is.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:53 am

Never seen any of the new Oceans films. Just not my thing, nor do I really care for the cast. Hard to top the Rat Pack anyway. Ring-a-ding-ding!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:15 am

It did have a good cast there.

Bring It On was really one of the last movies like that I mean it was a leftover from the 90s since it came out in 2000. It has a sexy innuendo going on there, after 2001 stuff like this was slowly fading away :roll: I liked the booty shots and the dancing was cool. Like I said in your Zen, Dunst was OK, even though she played Spidey's Mary Jane soon after she really never did anything for Me and Dushku too, just wasn't there. Cool entry PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:18 am

My wife was a cheerleader so this was one of her favorite movies. We still quote it. She gets annoyed when I say cheerleaders are "dancers gone retarded", lol. And of course spirit fingers will always be a thing. For years I looked for a Sparky Pulastri shirt for my wife. This past Christmas I finally found someone on Amazon who made reasonable custom shirts so I made her one that said, "These are spirit fingers!"

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:06 am

I never saw Cheerleading that way at all and really I don't blame her for being annoyed at you for that, that's really bad of you IMO :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I would have really been enticed that My girlfriend was a cheerleader :o That's good you got her that custom shirt however ;) I find that's cool that she was a cheerleader, does she still pull off an act or session to reminiscent her past or to show you what she could do :?: My Grandma was a ballet dancer and for years she would show her moves to Me that she used to do when she was a little girl to her teenage years. Unfortunately when her leg went out in 2008 she lost that ability, it was a horrible time :roll: Your wife still athletic and stuff PB :?: :)

I have only seen bits and parts of A Fistfull of Dollars which same thing goes for Eastwood's other spaghetti westerns. This was during when movies were starting to get more violent, more people were getting killed and seeing stuff like in films was beginning to the a standard/everyday occurrence compared to prior decades. I saw bits & pieces of it with My Grandpa, I should have watched them with him because he really loved them :roll: He loved the music by the late great legendary Ennio Morricone. Years before legends Jerry Goldsmith & John Williams hit the big time there was Morricone. He did tons of spaghetti westerns and among other Italian films cause he was Italian himself and rarely ever visited the States, he did most of everything at his home with his wife. Sadly he died in 2020 :roll: He composed the super great music to 1985's Red Sonja & 2000's Mission to Mars as well :shock: Like a lot of composers, if you listen to their music regularly & faithfully you'll know how they write and how to tell who's who cause they all have their different "DNA". The AFOD is a great example cause by listening to that and if you know Morricone you know its him. My Grandpa could talk to you all day about him, the prob was there was so few people that wanted to to talk to him about it :( Thanks goodness My Grandma shared his passion and thankfully I was a wise youngster and saw & heard the great fun this was and he had his Grandson to share all of the knowledge that he had and years even being taught a few things that he didn't know :)

This video has a pic of Ennio Morricone on his YB, listen to this Classic :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions