Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:40 am

I never got into the series. Not sure why, just never caught an episode.

In honor of it being 3:16...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:28 am

I see and that's the way goes :roll:

Since My Grandma I don't see anything 3:16 the same way anymore and I dread it when WWE has 3:16 day, I'm just glad when it's over and I can't believe she's been gone over a year already :( :batsad: :smsad: :wwsad:

OK, the Condemned, I saw that not too long after it was released. It was a pretty good film that came out in 2007 before the forced PG era in WWE the following year. H0lliw3ird was still making movies that were quite violent, gory and hardcore but by time 2011 came it was all being toned down to what we have & feel now :roll: With that being said, Austin was pretty decent, it was like he never left wrestling. I never felt about him like I did Hogan & Piper in their classics but still it was fine. There's a tone to talk about but for now I'll just say these 3 aspects of the film:

1. The Posters were great, I don't know about you and others cause there so little of people mentioning the smaller things and finer details of anything regardless of genre & subject, I loved the dirty, gritty & grungy look of these :batsmile:

The Condemned 1.jpg

2. The film's co-star and the other main guy is Vinnie Jones. Anything with him is great. He has such a great British accent and he's a big dude. Sometimes he reminds of Randy Orton or vice versa which I'll get into later. There's another Jones and he's even bigger, darn near a giant at over 7 feet named Nathan Jones whom was in WWE for a time in the early 2000s. I always thought he was so awesome yet really went nowhere buy hey, when "the big & tall man" doesn't matter anymore to people & federations that great stuff just suddenly ends :roll: It was really cool about all of this in the film. With Taz' silly "JONES'" talk in AEW (he says it all the time, sometimes it get's really annoying especially when he keeps on saying "I digress") he seriously needs to talk about this fact that there is two big "Jones" in the movie :shock:

The Condemned 2.jpg

3. Another aspect that I liked and that I thought was really cool was the women characters. This was still from an age when women looked busty, used weapons, fought and looked good doing it :wwwink: We didn't need the crap how it is now, they way it's all handled now is all wrong IMO. Instead young men today digging stuff like they'd rather be tr@ns or be complete @$$es saying that Sasha Banks looks like a dog, Dana Brooke is a fat pig and Dakota Kai is trash :batshock: :smsmh: Well I'm not like that nor will I ever be. I loved it when I was youngster, a teenager and even to My 30s and that will never ever change with Me :batwink: :wwgrin: :smsmile: With that rant being said there was several women in the film but there was two that instantly stood out and that was Sam Healy & Emelia Burns. Burns was My fave of the two and both of them were terrific and were two very memorable action babes within this Condemned WWE movie that I think is quite underrated.

The Condemned 3.jpg

WWE would make a sequel to the film years later that starred Randy Orton. I will post about that possibly tomorrow :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:57 am

I remember liking The Condemned well enough. Can't say I really remembe rmuch about it now.

Hopefully today's choice for a feature was never in doubt....

Chirstopher Walken bonus, cuz you can never have enough Walken...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 am

I see. Dang I just posted a special Leprechaun in My Horror topic before the date ended. I that featured that film as well as the one with Hornswoggle. It was amazing that Wayne's World 2 did that, that fast about Leprechaun cause they both came out in 1993, 30 years ago this year and Tia was was quite nice :o

First before I get to more here is this sad news, i just found out that Lance Reddick has died and he was only 60. He was really good in so many movies & TV shows including John Wick & Bosch :roll:

Lance Reddick RIP 1.jpg

OK so moving on here is the The Condemned 2 that came out 2015. This was ok, thins were really toned down and simpler by then :roll: The star was "The Viper" Randy Orton and the villain was Eric Roberts.

The Condemned 2 - 1.jpg

Later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:20 am

I've never actually seen any of the John Wick films. Was never the biggest Leprechaun fan. Don't think I ever wattched any beyond the first. I remember seeing that years later and being surprised Aniston was in it. I think she did alright with comedy.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:55 am

I see about all of that. The John Wick films are pretty good. I mean Lance was in much more than that, you don't recognize him from other stuff? I considered him like the third go-to black guy :roll: I never seen The Quite Man before, I know its a real classic PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:55 am

I'm sure I saw him in stuff, just never knew his name. Looking at his filmography I can't say I've seen too many of his films, since I don't really watch many movies anymore.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:29 am

I see. I knew his name long ago cause I always read the credits of films & TV shows and many times I don't look'em up but sometimes I do but I used just put it together long ago before the web, same thing with directors & composers :)

Ah the Boondock Saints, now that was a cool film. I saw sometime after 1999. Wlliam Dafoe was good and the duo Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus were pretty good too. Funny I said about the Dead Zone series cause Flanery was the main antagonist in the series.

Here's the other animated film i was talking when we did Heavy Metal. It's called Fire & Ice :!: This was great one, look at how awesome this 1983 adultish animated feature is that came out 40 years ago this year :o

Here's an excellent example of the score by William Kraft

Fire & Ice 1.jpg

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:18 am

I don't think I've ever seen that film. The animation looks really cool.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:46 am

Yes, like the original Heavy Metal, Fire & Ice had some really great animation that rarely people talk about anymore and like so much is forgotten and I really miss that realistic violent style. There would be similarities in other stuff later on but as time went by it just wasn't the same :roll:

I never saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off, just another one I never got too.

Dang, I just talked about Warwick Davis in Leprechaun, Willow and Star Wars in My horror topic and now here's this sad news of a little man that played an Ewok in ROTJ and was a stunt double in Labyrinth, Willow & Legend :roll:

Paul Grant RIP 1.jpg

and here's more :roll:

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/harry-potter-and-star-wars-actor-paul-grant-passes-away-at-56-3879015
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions