Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:42 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:21 am

I actually never saw that one, looked funny :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:37 pm

It's a classic. Just like...

Ok, maybe not.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:11 am

It was amazing that they could do back then, decades before Roger Rabbit :o

That Nick Fury is the only one I have yet to see pre-Marvel 2000s to recent/current day craze. 1998, 25 years ago this year :o The Hoff looked kinda true to the original character ad that movie didn't look bad, critics & plebeians were so hard on the Marvel films back then and 1994's Fantastic 4 really got the shaft (they always do, the 2005 & 2007 films are My fave Marvel movies ever along with Spider-Man 3 & X-Men 3) as they didn't even get it released :roll: I didn't find the older Marvel films as awful as they were said to be I mean The Hulk TV show was pretty great really. I enjoyed the DC films more at the time like The Batman Quadrilogy & The Flash for instance.

I got dibs on 1989's The Punisher & 1990's Captain America at a later time :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:52 pm

You got it, dude.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:56 am

Thanks PB :)

Ah, you posted a PG version of the Heavy Metal trailer, there's a really cool Rated R one too that is quite unbelievable for the time period :o This film was remarkable and truly a hardcore animated style I so miss. It had some great animated women too :batwink: This film came out the year I was born :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Heavy Metal - 1.jpg

It had 2 major music releases, a soundtrack album of songs and a score. Here is the main song by Sammy Hagar (caution spoilers an a lot more is seen here :!:

It has an excellent score by the late great legendary Elmer Bernstein. If you know his Ghostbusters score you'll hear some familiar sounds here, I always thought that if he would have never done Heavy Metal, he would have never done Ghostbusters :shock:

So Heavy Metal had a sequel in 2000 and it was called Heavy Metal 2000. It was quite different than the first one and really it didn't go as far than the predecessor did. I loved the posters. The main character was played by exotic actress & model Julie Strain. She was a 6 foot 1 mean beauty that I really liked. She was so perfect for the 80s & 90s, now this day age just doesn't allow for this great female stuff to happen :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Remember the brief scene with The Dominatrix in the Naked Gun 3 :? Well that was Julie Strain :!: :batshock: :wwlol: :smgasp:

Heavy Metal 2000 - 1..jpg

Here is this cool song.

The score was so tremendously awesome by Fredric Talgorn, listen to this superb masterpiece :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:51 am

I remember seeing the original Heavy Metal on HBO or somewhere and thinking this is something I shouldn't be watching, lol. Never saw the sequel. I know I've seen that cover image before, probably at Blockbuster, but never watched the actual film. The score does sound a little Ghostbuster-y, I can envision the baby stroller rolling to that music.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:55 am

I see and I know what you mean but now it's different or at least for Me, I want stuff like this to come back. Yep, Blockbuster was so memorable a sequel and indeed about the score PB :)

I am a huge l LOTR fan but for a while I was iffy about the 1978 (45 years ago this year :o animated feature when I was a youngster. If it was a serious cartoon and didn't look like MOTU & Bravestarr or something like that I was a picky brat. As I matured and got older I became easier to satisfy and was looking outside the box and seeing the content for what it is and not for how it looks. Anyway when the huge movie year of 2001 came around I was so excited about the LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring and the next 2 films the next two years. I got most of the figures by ToyBiz which are some of My faves and some of the most realistic figures ever seen IMO. One day I'll talk about the films more but if your a big LOTR fan you can too of course ;) That classic cartoon however is one of the best of the kind and really is one that you hardly ever hear about anymore which is such a shame since it was the first one that I know of that truly started the franchise in other media besides the novels from decades prior. I know of another great "adultish" animated movie and I will post that tomorrow because I just found this sad news out...click the pic for expanded view in a new tab :roll:

Tom Sizemore 2.jpg

Tom Sizemore was only 61, he was only 36 when he was in The Relic which is the movie that I first noticed him in which I posted that in My horror topic cause The Relic is very special to Me and that it just had it's 25h Anniversary last year. During this time I was discovering George Clooney cause he was Batman in Batman & Robin and in The Peacemaker in 1997 as well and really I thought they were similar cause of their grayish/salt & pepper colored hair plus their both about the same age and born in the same year. I liked Sizemore better and so did My family. I will miss him cause he was such talented actor and his movies were so good. May he rest in peace :(
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:45 am

RIP Tom Sizemore.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:39 am

:(

That was a great one, before Costner was in that one his first western was Silverado, it was great!

It had a tremendous score by Bruce Broughton (The Monster Squad, Harry and the Hendersons & Tiny Toons)!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions