Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:54 pm

I don't recall what happened there was that part of a work or did something really happen?

What a match this would've been to see...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:56 am

That was a really good promo by Jerry Lawler & Macho Man. The stuff in the Southern territories & Federations was so fun.

Okay, Kimberly Page encountered "Big Poppa Pump". After what your about to see, this started a big feud between Steiner & DDP. She recovered but left being the leader of the Nitro Girls. Here's the clip :wwshock: :batsmh: :smsmh:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:14 pm

Ok, I must've missed that time.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:15 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:29 am

That there when Mr. McMahon staged his own demise was incredible it's like how in the world did they do that :o Ah, Mr Kennedy. He was great but should have been so much bigger. Super Crazy was so underused, he was "crazy" in ECW :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Okay, I saw over in the Themes when I posted the original MVP, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz' theme, you said about The Goon. The Goon was actually "Wild" Bill Irwin. he's another one that I wanted to do. Like "The Stalker" Barry Windham & Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw, he was one of the many newcomers in 1996. He had no hype at all, just appeared but did have some cool clips about him. This clip here is really good as you see him in action plus a promo too. Like MVP Schwartz, he was great doing the duel-sport maneuvers but how in the heck did he wrestle in those custom made ice-skating wrestling boots :?:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:44 am

What kind of accent was that supposed to be, lol. They could've at least have gotten a Canadian for the role.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:14 am

I'm not sure. Punk's Straight edge Society, what a time that was. Darn, 14 years later and look where they are now. Okay, here's the Russians during the classic days of NWA/WCW :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:29 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:50 am

Boris Korchenko was good. His career wasn't that long in wrestling. I'm not sure what's he's up to now.

Okay, I posted about Kevin Nash being Super Shredder yesterday and that he had a mohawk during when he was a Master Blaster. Well, here ya go about that in 1990 as here's a vignette of the Master Blasters...also take note the music there was actually The Dynamic Dudes' theme that I posted before :shock:

Here's this short promo of them. This was really Kevin Nash's debut as a wrestler, gosh he was awesome them. He's Master Blaster Steele, his partner is Master Blaster Iron which is Cory Pendarvis.

Then without explanation, iron was replaced by by Blade whom was the late great Al Greene. Here's this match :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:50 pm

Yikes, I'm not even sure Kev was into that gimmick and promo, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc