Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:09 am

Oh the "original" Sinister Minister of Fear:!: Sinister Minster - Father James Mitchell wasn't the first (I've said before, too many people with the same name/called the same thing, Steve Williams - Steve Austin debacle, Diamond Dallas Page, Paige, Hangman Page, Ethan Page, Christian Cage, Brian Cage, Orange Cassidy, Isiah Kassidy etc.) as he didn't begin till 35 years ago this year which was 1989...the original guy was beyond that :shock: That promo was from 1985 from Bob Luce Wrestling and from the VHS Tape Library of Jim Mulvaney. Who was this 400 pound masked man :? After he was gonna give ya one these and one of those...he was Super Destroyer #2 but then he is Monster #2 but also he was Monster #1 too :o Really that's all I can say about him. Now Sinister Minster of Fear had a spooky stable long before the Wyatt Family and The Minstery of Darkness was ever a thought...heck even before The Dungeon of Doom was too :o I'm going to save that for Halloween, I don't want to spoil that classic moment so remember that :blbat:

Now, the video that you posted wasn't complete. Here's the whole hilarious segment :o

Here's The Sinister Minster of Fear on a Jerry Lewis Telethon :shock:

Okay, now here's this when Sinister was part of the Chicago Freebirds with Buddy Jack Roberts with their valet Sexy Cindy for Al's Italian Beef :!:

There's more I got to show of them and of Bob Luce & Jim Mulvaney...just you wait ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:28 pm

Didn't know any of that. I'm impressed you knew all of that since that was the first time I saw either of those guys.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:23 am

Well thanks :) I'm quite the wrestling historian, TK, Cody & The Rock ain't the only ones ;) No, seriously I'm grateful for what I know :) Oh man, Lanny Poffo as Sir. Amazing how he & Randy were known as brothers down south but once they got to the WWF they were as separate as possible. That's the knight suit Lanny wore in that Battle Royal I was talking about that I got on My VHS I showcased a while back. Too bad that didn't last when Savage became King and that it wasn't acknowledged that The Genius was his brother, he could have been The Macho King's Knight :shock:

Okay, today is July the first, that means The Fourth of July is coming. I'm going to be doing some cool stuff that happen in 93 because that was the most patriotic year in wrestling as I've shown in My 93 so as time goes by you'll see where I'm going with this ;)

First up is this. I remember this like it was last week when I got up early on Saturday Mornings to this :) This was and still is one of the most epic showdowns ever in wrestling. This happen on WWF Superstar in February of 93. It was a Knockdown Challenge of Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Yokozuna. Yoko hasn't been knocked off his feet yet since his debut in October of 92. It begins with a good promo by Duggan and & Ray Rougeau. The fans were so into this, watch them how they react, so different from today's fans :)

Here's the recap as Lord Alfred Hayes takes you thru it during this Special Report then Master Fuji & Yokozuna has a promo :)

Hacksaw's promo :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Never seen that before. I wasn't really around during the Yokozuna years so never really saw much of him outside of main events like WrestleMania.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:36 am

That was a great Scott Steiner promo, I could have him all day, he's so hilarious. I liked his freaks too :)

OK, before I go any further, I must introduce "The Narssist" Lex Luger before he became the American original. I greatly showcased the whole story plus My memories in Yo, Do You Remember 93 here --->

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wwf-wwe-nxt-f52/yo-do-you-remember-the-return-wwf-edition-t1154-20.html

First off, here's Lex Luger via Satellite at WWF Wrestlemania 8 in 92 after leaving WCW :!: He is going to the WBF...this whole thing was a very surprising moment because it came out of no where :shock:

Also I showcased the whole story about WBF, check it out at the link above if you want to refreshify :!: I really liked Vinnie Mac's WBF. Lex was going to be the number 1 guy but then he got in that terrible motorcycle accident and that changed things so much...he was replaced by Lou Ferrigno but ultimately it was Vinnie Mac's monster Gary Strydom whom won the whole thing :shock: Again I showcased the whole history via that link above. Here's the intro to WBF plus Lex Luger's promo :)

So, here's Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's mystery man of who his Narcissist...oh this was a great time :)

After he is revealed as Lex Luger at the 93 Rumble, again see My 93, here's this :!:

In her first WWF appearance after coming from GWF & SMW, the southern girl Boni Blackstone interviews Luger :!:

Luger became a "Knockout Artist" knocking everybody out. Here's this as he knocks Jim Powers out cold :o

As a small but big bonus...here's "The Narcissist" Lex Luger teaming with "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon...soon after this both would become the two biggest babyfaces the company would ever see :o

Okay, so there's that...more to come tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc