Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:45 am

Yes it is, his PCO is really a great gimmick. Back to him in a moment. That promo was really the true beginning of SCSA's doing his Stone Cold gimmick. The King of the King is almost happening and which he would win it. You can tell times are changing during this time in 96. Mr. Perfect almost kinda seems out of place here :roll: Compare this to 1990 or even 1993 back when Mr. Perfect was near the top. Austin's feud with Savio Vega was pretty good. What they were talking about was that they had a blackout and fans were there in the dark and if you bought it on PPV is all you would see was a blackness and hearing the commentators :shock: Kinda like when The Undertaker came out but no fanfare or anything. They said about Ted Dibiase, yes, he was on his way out of the WWF and following Hall, Nash and Waltman to WCW to begin the nWo, again times were changing :o

Okay, now back to Pierre. You posted a Jean Pierre LaFitte Promo before a while back which I was surprised that you did. Again, The Quebecers were gone about a year, Pierre was basically a singles wrestler in 94 for a short while after Jacques left. Then he left, came back in 95 and was repackaged as Jean Pierre LaFitte with a great story and right away his origins are revealed, it wasn't one of the new gimmicks that we're supposed to believe it's a complexly new wrestler. Still to this day thanks to his opened story, his gimmick is one of the most satisfactory in My eyes :)

Now, he left the WWF in late 95, I bummed about that because of the rising of the Kliq. Fast forward to late 1996, he along with Jacquese Rougeau come to WCW and they are now known as The Amazing French Canadians :shock: I flipped out when appeared as they had no hype, no vignettes, nothing, they just appeared. in was on the nWo takeover on Nitro. Here's one of their matches when they sing their National Anthem and notice Pierre is STILL sporting the eye patch. It just wasn't an homage to his previous time, it was because sometimes he'd cover it because of an injury. If you see him without it when he was a Quebecer or even now as PCO, you can see his eye looks awkward. That happen to him when he was a kid. Also notice they are being managed by Col. Robert Parker which this was really some of Parker's last days in WCW before he would be with Jeff Jarrett in the WWF as Tennessee Lee and yes that's THE Robbie Brookside :shock:

Okay, here's this sweet promo by them :)

I got one more of this great duo, I'm going to post that in the theme section which might be kinda surprising so go check that out soon ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:10 pm

That was a good promo but it may've been too much of a gimmick for 1995 when things seemd to be changing toward more realism, or at least would soon.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:21 am

I just found out that Wild Samoan Sika has passed away :roll:

It'a amazing that this was his final appearance in the WWE along with his brother Afa :roll:

I'm going to take you a bit of history of Sika, please, bear with Me here :) Here's The Wild Samoans debut in the WWF :o

Sika actually fought Rocky Johnson, The Rock's Father :o

The Wild Samoans leave for a hiatus but Sika returns as "The Wizard" King Curtis Iaukea (The Dungeon of Doom's Master) recruits him :!:

He also had The Ugandan Giant Headhunter Kamala with Kim Chee too (He would get Kamala back in 95 in WCW in the Dungeon of Doom!), I posted this video before but I love this. Gosh, Sika looks like Yokozuna there :shock:

Master Fuji acquires Sika along with Kamala & Kim Chee from The Wizard :o

Here's their first match together :!:

I just posted this last month in the Wrestling Themes Topic :shock:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:Oh I know you did PB, you covered a ton of him ;) Yes, he was very big :) Oh Elix Skipper, he was a good one that you never hear anything about anymore :roll: His time in WCW was really fun. Here's the Wild Samoans, Rikishi's Dad & Roman's Father :!:

Here's the Wild Samoans Hall of Fame video package from 2007 :)

Okay, now watch this, weird I just mentioned him yesterday in the Toy Commercial Topic, very strange :? Samu, Afa's son and Matt aka Rosie, Sika's son who is Roman's late big brother, looks like Roman and has similar mannerisms inducts their Wild Samoan Fathers in the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2007 :)

May Sika Rest in Peace :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:51 pm

That's a shame. They were featured a lot on Young Rock. They were always pretty crazy the few times I saw them when I was young. All those "wild" characters were out there. I don't think you could do something like that in this day, sadly.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:00 am

No, that got canned when Umaga passed away as times were changing yet again :roll: It all changed by time when the Usos came about. Sure there's been stuff about Samoa but not savagery. Look at how they've done Solo Sikoa, they tried to make him kinda mindless and stuff but it just didn't work...now look, he's just a new head thug of The Bloodline, I miss the days already when he was in NXT as a street fighter :roll:

Oh Dalton Castle and John Morrison and his wife ;) Lexi looks pretty good. That was...well ENORMOUS...no MASSIVE :lol:

Okay, now here's a follow up on the Road Block story that I introduced you to in the Themes Topic. Like I said, there's very little of the story online and not that many people know it. Here's this interview by Hannibal last year which I was quite surprised that they did it :shock: As Kurt Angle would say, It's True, It's Damn True :!: Road Block still looks good. Listen to what Road Block says closely :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:42 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:42 am

Oh yeah, I remember that, I was like really Mark, your gonna turn babyface and retire this early :? Then it happen and I'm like I didn't thing so...that was a pretty good time for Henry.

Here's this wonderful video to show how great Yokozuna and the time of his was and your'll see that Sgt. Slaughter had a bit to do with it too :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:22 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc