Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:53 am

It can be. Back in the day when it first got noticed with UFC in 93 (people really never acklofged it depsite Chuck norris was doing it years before that in his films) it was very exciting. Over time it changed and just wasn't the same however it was still pretty darn good in Japan. It's not like the fights in the movies nor any wrestling fed. My prob of it is usually I'm disappointed who wins...that's why I showed you two of Giant Silva's winning bouts :) Yes, I hope Nikki cross shines more this time :!: She's too good just have on the lower to mid card and do nothing with her so now is time to use her good :)

So it's the First Day of Summer aka Summer Solstice :o What better way to begin it than with The Dynamic Dudes, Shane Douglas and Johnny Ace :)

Here's their in-ring debut in 1989, 35 years ago this year :o Johnny Ace is actually the little brother of Road Warrior and is John Laurinaitis. Their against The Raider aka Randy Barber and George South...yes that's THE George South.

Here's this promo of their's with Jim Cornette :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:46 pm

I never actually saw Laurinaitis wrestle.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:49 am

Oh, now that is what I was talking about earlier about The Dungeon of Doom. This was late in 96 and the DOD was really fading out and the nWo was taking everything, literately & figuratively :roll: It was really a see-saw bittersweet time :roll: After that The Faces of Fear were just a team. The promo was pretty good, Mean Gene, Jimmy Hart & Meng were as good as usual, The Barbarian didn't speak a lot.

How about that :shock: He really never made it big in the States except later in his life with "People Power" and the backstage Executive stuff but he was successful in Japan. In fact he was tag champs with Dr. Death Steve Williams and his own brother Marcus aka The Terminator aka Fury. He's actually got a lot of history including being Road Warrior Animal's little brother, a big Football background and don't forget he's Brian Danielson's father-law and The Bellas' Step-dad. :shock: There's a lot more than just that, a lot more :o

Here's this promo of Johnny Ace in Florida in 1991, about a year after The Dynamic Dudes disbanded. Now it begins with Steve Keirn a while before he became Skinner in the WWF in 91, look at how different he is compared to being Skinner :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:07 am

Really different.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:45 am

Yes it was, more Johnny Ace later :) Dang, what mind games Matt Hardy & Reby with her cool new look is playing with them :o This is pretty good, amazing how Matt is still pulling this off too :shock:

I've been thinking of this for a while. I really liked Charlie Haas, a name that hardly get's mentioned anymore, anywhere. During his singles tenure in Ring of Honor as "The Outlaw" Charlie Haas, he got into a feud with BJ Whitmer. I don't blame him for it. This was a great on location fight, one of My fave moments of all in ROH. In fact I recall this airing on ABC at 11:00 PM like it was last week and this was back in 2013, over a decade ago :shock:

Same thing with this, I loved this crazy, sadistic side of Haas. He talks about BJ and what he did to Cheeseburger. This is great how punishes the "then" ring crew member Cheeseburger, oh man it's fun to watch when ROH was still ROH :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:45 pm

I remember when Haas was in ROH. I think that was about the same time AJ Styles was there. They might've even had a match if I remember correctly.
'
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:40 am

I'm not sure, I know they both were in ROH in the mid 2000s. Oh, Deuce & Domino, I found them hilarious. I miss guys like that in wrestling.

Here's Jacques Rougeau when he was The Mountie. These were such fun times :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:26 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:41 am

That was pretty good by Alexa Bliss. It was cool that she got titles because it's like she was one of those underrated ones that wasn't Charlotte. Something how she said how old Mickie James was :roll: That was actually a very nice looking women's roster back then which is hard to believe it was "back then" already :shock: IMO Bayley was the best looking and really did the most wrestling, Sasha was second. and the rest was third and so on.

Okay, so yesterday I showed The Mountie. Now he disappeared in late 92. Then this happen. I remember this like it was last week. It was during the weekend when wrestling on in the morning which was really the only thing I'd get up for and I wouldn't miss it. This was in July. My Grandpa already left to go to work at his Bike Shop at 9 AM. WWF Mania was over as it was now 10 AM (I believe not once did he get to watch WWF Mania :roll: On this episode of WWF Superstars, I was watching the show, here's comes this new team called The Quebecers...I'm like holy crap, that's The Mountie Jacques Rougeau :shock: Who's the other guy though...Pierre :? I don't know him. I watched the match and I was really thrilled about it. I told My Grandpa all about it when he came home and got settled that Jacques was back and when My Grandma got up I told her too :) If I recall correctly Ludvig Borga debuted on the same episode. 93 was so fun. Here's their first match, they had no vignettes, no hype, nothing at all, just Jerry Lawler talking about them :shock:

Later on they got Johnny Polo whom debuted with Adam Bomb earlier on in 93. With no hype they became a very successful team as they won the tag team titles three times and they became one of My all-time fave teams :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:30 pm

It's pretty crazy Pierre is still around and doing the crazy stuff he does.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc