Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 28, 2024 8:48 am

Yeah, that was a great promo there by Will Ospreay...I love it when wrestlers are bloody like that in a promo :)

Here's SD Jones when he returned to the WWF for the second time :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 28, 2024 8:29 pm

I liked Special Delivery. Never saw him win much, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:22 am

Yes, I didn't either...unfortunately his most memorable moment or at least to Me is his record setting defeat to King Kong Bundy at Wrestlemania 1 in 1985. That record stood for decades till Daniel Bryan beat Sheamus at WrestleMania XXVIII in 2012 :shock:

That was a very good one by Pedro Morales, was soengergetic. I've only seen one other Latino on the mic that can match that and that was Savio Vega, Here's this great WCW promo from 1994, 30 years ago this year with "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff, World Champion "Ravishing" Rick Rude, US Champ "Stunning" Steve Austin and Col. Robert Parker. Look at the gold :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:14 pm

I loved Paul Orndorff as a kid, said it before. Had no idea why he disappeared from the WWF but I would've loved to have seen him in WCW if I knew about. It's hard to watch Steve Austin in a promo like that and believe Vince thought he should never talk, lol. He held his own amongst some legends there, might've even owned that segment.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:13 am

Yes, PB, I know you really liked Orndorrf ;) Oh yeah, he had a fine time in WCW. like I said before, 95 was My fave time of his. Oh I know, Vinnie Mac was really stupid about that. Austin wasn't always Stone Cold but he was always good on the mic :)

That was a great Don Muraco promo there. He was popular with the fine then. I loved that time of WM4, so fun :) Now here's this. This is the first ever King of the Ring...no it's not from 1993 :? it's from 1985 :o They had the KOTR tournaments long before 93, it's just that they never made it a colossal event on PPV till then and really it got no recognition as you saw how all of those Kings I showed became King without being in a Tournament :shock: I was actually surprised that Michael Cole said about the first KOTR events in the 80s cause they never talk about them so there's probably a ton of people that has no clue they existed :shock: So here's how the event went down and you'll see why I'm showing you this in moments ;)

So now since you saw that, here's the first ever KOTR "The Rock" Don Muraco in a recent podcast and he still looks good :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:05 pm

He was always a thick dude, his neck looked like a tree trunk back then.

Seems to be a lot of this going around lately, but happy 46th birthday to "The Phenomenal 1ne" AJ Styles.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:34 am

Yes, he was the first Rock :!: Hah, well Happy Belated Birthday to AJ Styles :) Yeah, I remember that how he was kinda brooding and going in the crowd. It really reminded Me of Sting when he first did that in WCW for all of those months :roll:

Okay, next as I said in the Themes Topic that I was going to focus on "Dr. Death" Steve Williams after Goldust and that time is now. First, I wanted to show this great promo of his when he was in the notorious Herb Abrams' UWF in 1990 :!:

Next is a brief moment when he was back with Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy in this great promo which they were The Miracle Violence Connection in 92, one of the best Gaigin teams in Japan and one of the best overall :!:

More of him tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:28 pm

UWF actually had some good wrestlers, it's a shame Herb Abrams was so bad with money (and coke).

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:21 am

Oh Iron Mike Sharpe was a winner alright, he won at having as many defeats as Barry Horowitz & The Brooklyn Brawler :o Well, he was funny at times and very, very loud :lol:

Huh, I'm a bit surprised you know Herb Abrams' UWF PB...that is good :shock: ;) Yes, it had a decent roster with not only the names that Williams said but also Terry Gordy, Cactus Jack, Sid, Greg Valentine, The Nightstalker/Adam Bomb, Bam Bam Bigelow plus many others. Okay, I couldn't find the the videos I wanted when Dr. Death Steve Williams first entered the WWF however I'm going straight to the Brawl For All when he was beaten by Bart Gunn :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Now, here is an interview with him in of all years in 2001 as he talks about that dreaded bout :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:57 pm

I knew of UWF. Never saw it back then, but Darkside of the Ring did a good episode on Herb Abrams. The Brawl for All episode was good too. I remember watching WWF back then and thinking the idea was dumb. Didn't realize how many careers it ruined or changed.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc