Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 18, 2024 7:13 am

Yeah, I'm not sure when the women's division is going to get more. Khan needs some advice in that department :roll: It was a bad decision to stop AEW Dark & AEW Dark Elevation in order to have AEW Collision. That was a big, big thing there for AEW for 2 big reasons IMO: #1 - These shows had jobbers & developmental talent like the old days of the 80s & 90s where low & mid card talent would build & rank themselves up which I've said before that's why I liked the Dark shows when I spoke about them before. WWE so lacks that now, so does AEW and basically every wrestling fed in this modern era. It's one of the major factors that is missing in today's product. Kids and even people in their 20s as I type this I'm sure has no clue about it which a shame :roll: I so miss teh days when you saw Iron Mike Sharpe, Barry Horowitz, The Brooklyn Brawler and even Jim Powers. Really dislike it where every match is a main event/big feel bout with new talent whether it's rookies or veterans being placed in a major match against a top/somewhat top name without having a tuneup match...sorry but the Nightmare Factory and Performance Center isn't enough for Me. It really hurts the loser of bouts because then they become the jobber when really their not :roll: I hated it when they did that RVD when he came back in 2014, ten years ago this year :roll: I'm old school and I like the way PWI ranked wrestlers back in the day. Now with that being said. NXT once in a blue moon has a jobber/local talent type of wrestler...just recently Sean Spears returned to NXT against a guy I had no clue who he was, he looked some teenager who didn't even have a week in wrestling experience. With this I was kinda impressed & excited about it. While that was good, like I said, that only happens once in a blue moon now if even now :roll: Now one thing the WWE has over AEW is the women's division and a good reason to check them out as much as possible every week on USA on or Peacock. I'm not saying that either roster is better than the other, what I'm saying is if you want to see more women action, involvement & stories regardless of what your types are, WWE has it. In fact that's one great thing I love about NXT is that most of every show is almost all women plus the a big factor is there's women from AEW there for example like Madi Wrenkowski whom is under the name of Wren Sincalir that just came there about a month ago and don't forget others from AEW like Cora Jade & Gigi Dolin not to mention on the main roster Jade Cargill :!:

Now that promo with Jaime Hayter was nice. I recall seeing that on YT when it originally aired. I was kinda pleased that she was champ. Yes, her & Britt were two of the hottest ones not only in looks but also in wrestling talent :wwwink:

Any thoughts about Goldust vs. The Undertaker and Mankind becoming an ally of Goldust and that basically all four including Marlena were from WCW :?: Okay, let's continue with this fun time of Goldust. Here's this promo with Paul Bearer & The Undertaker for the upcoming IYH. Watch what happens here :shock:

So the Goldust vs. The Undertaker Casket Match at In Your House: Beware of Dog was on May 26, 1996...28 years ago this year :shock: I loved the IYH events, they felt good and were very fun. Here's a clip of the shocking outcome :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

So after that there was this promo with Mankind as Goldust became his "Mommy" :shock: Gosh I loved these days of 96 during Mankind's first several months being so strange :blaq: Listen to when he says "Destruction Can Be Beautiful"...they used that quote in his theme for the great fun WWF The Music VOL.2 CD that I showcased a while back :o

OK, I decided not to post it in the themes Topic becuase I posted a bit of the original Mankind stuff there so here's theme so you can directly hear that quote within it as a one-stop-shop;)

Okay, that will do it for Goldust vs. The Undertaker for now because it would continue throughout the year and some of that I want to save for Halloween :blbat: However, what I'm going to post next is a huge transformation of Goldust in 97, it's arguably My fave time of his next to his time in 95 - 96 :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:46 pm

It's interesting to see him against such big names. By the time I got back into wrestling he was mostly a lower card comedy act.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 19, 2024 5:54 am

Yes, he was a very top competitor and not a comedy act or joke or like the spaceman-like gimmick he would become many years later.

That was another crazy Flair promo...it's his gold :!: Oh yes, the feud with him & Steamboat was classic, one of the best rivalries ever :!:

Okay, so after Goldust's feud with The Undertaker & partnership ended with Mankind, he now was really staying on the mid card a scene and feuding with the likes of "Marvelous" Marc Mero and others. In May of 97 he went out of character and revealed he was Dustin Rhodes which this was kinda bittersweet (not as bittersweet at his Se7en promo) but he turned face. After he joined the fight against The Hart Foundation he backed off from the team at the WWF Survivor Series 97: Gang Rulez which was a really good event, never been one like it since. It was Team Canada which consisted of The British Bulldog, Jim Neidhart, Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon against Team USA which was Vader, Goldust, Marc Mero w/Sable and Steve Blackman. He then dumped his wife Terri (Marlena). He then began going thru a transformation. He'd painted FU on his face which was supposedly meant "Forever Unchained" and would be very different than he was before. So since Vader was the Captain of the team USA he got really angry at Goldust/Dustin thus making a feud happen. Dustin became wheelchair bound and had a petite female nurse. This nurse attacked Vader and it was revealed that this nurse was Luna Vachon whom just return from a few year hiatus :o She was even stranger then before but gosh she had a very weird hotness to her especially since her boobs were much larger, rounder & bouncing :o :batwink: She was and still IMO one of the most strikingly wowing women of the Attitude Era. What she did to Vader, now that's one way to stop a Mastodon :!:

So here's a lot of what I talked about just a few short moments ago. So in this promo, it is revealed that Luna has her love slave now known as "The Artist Formally Known As Goldust" :!:

Gosh I miss times like this. This lasted for a while. More tomorrow ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:02 pm

That really was bizarre. Never saw those vids though I remember the costumes in some of the old wrestling games of that era.

This Dusty promo was 12 days before I was born!

And this was 5 days!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 20, 2024 8:58 am

That's some great history there about yourself PB, congrats ;) Those were great promos too. Amazing that Vinnie Mac was around Mexican Luchadores in the 70s and still didn't know what to do with'em even till the 90s...gosh :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Yes, they were bizarre and yes about the games. Okay, so after his feud was over with Vader, he was going thru an identity crisis of sorts of who should he be now. Here's some of TAFKAG top gimmicks :lol:

He became Dusty Dust :shock:

He became Dude Dust against Mankind which Mick Foley who was going thru an identity crisis of his own too :o Luna looks really good plus there's a visit From SCSA :!:

There was others but My fave of them all was when he was Marilyn Dust :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:36 pm

That was a pretty good Dusty. Not so much of a good taking of a Stunner, though. I've never seen any of those clips. Honestly didn't even know any of this stuff happened.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 21, 2024 8:22 am

Well that's good that you never seen that stuff before. After WWF/WWE bought WCW, Dustin was forced back to the WWF/WWE and he became Goldust once again but this time became friends with Booker T and both were kinda comedy acts and weren't the forces they once were. So did you ever wonder how it would be if Darth Vader was in wrestling :? Well here's this that may answer your question :shock:

I loved how Nash was here, once again with The Giant aka The Big Show, such huge guys :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:30 pm

Now these I recall. Booker T was good at comedy, though.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 22, 2024 7:30 am

Good. He was but I really preferred his serious stuff he did in WCW. It always got Me how WWF made a mid card guy out of him when he was one of the best ever in WCW and that moment he had with The Rock was so darn embarrassing :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Ah, "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer, he was a real tough guy and gone too soon :roll: Paul Ellering looked good there :)

Okay so a while after that Dustin went to back TNA to become a very dark alternative to Goldust called Black Reign, then returned to the WWE. When his brother Cody became Stardust (both of us has covered a bit of this good stuff) the Goldust character was really back and had a companion in 2014, 10 years ago this year :shock: The androgynous & totally bizarre side of Goldust was mostly gone that made him, now he's like a spaceman. Here's some of the weird stuff that they did :)

A bit more tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:54 pm

That really was a waste of Cody. Imagine if that run ended with them both feuding and having a brother vs brother match at WM like the one they had in AEW, no face paint, just Cody vs Dustin. What a miss by Vince.

I loved the WWF when I was a kid, but man, I wish I would've been able to follow the NWA from 1977 to the mid 80s. I don't know if I would've appreciated it at such a young age because the WWF was much more kid friendly superhero stuff, but I wish I could've watched this stuff as it was happening.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc