Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 13, 2024 7:32 am

That was a very good "The Hammer" Greg Valentine promo there, yet another one when he was near the top :!:

Okay, here's Goldust parodying Piper's Pit :shock: This is so unintentionally hilarious :lol:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:53 pm

Those entendres were quite double, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 14, 2024 7:20 am

Yes they were :shock: Amazing how after Taz said great run there wasn't a word after Bully Ray attacked Devon and there wasn't a big crowd reaction either :shock: I posted a recent video of the WWE Draft in My WWE PLE Topic for BackLash, Team 3D/The Dudley Boyz made an appearance there. Check it out soon if you haven't already :)

Here's this promo of Piper & Razor...

As a side note, these were the last days of razor Ramon...he was a tweener now and really not on TV as much as he was getting ready to be WCW bound :o

well there was no conclusion because Piper & Goldust would fight each other in the first ever Hollywwod Backlot match at Wrestlemania 12. This was great, It reminded Me of Piper in They LIve :blhal: I loved how WWF was going extreme with matches now :!: Here's a nice clip of it :)

There's a lot I couldn't find including them on the highway Piper chasing Goldust but this is the only video I could find with the conclusion of the match.

Now that will do it for the Goldust vs. Piper feud. Next will be a great one that you may not expect for Goldust...it's one of My fave moments so be prepared for it :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm

That made for an odd threesome, wonder where ti might've gone if Razor had stayed.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 am

It was and really I don't know. From then on he just appeared a bit on TV, fought Vader at IYH after WM12 then left.

That was a really good Christopher Daniels promo there hyping up TNA on Spike for the first time. Gosh how Shane Douglas was looking at him :shock:

Okay, this is what was next for Goldust. Remember all of the cool Ultimate Warrior promos I posted and about his return at WM12 a while back :?: Well there was a super great one that I was saving and couldn't wait to post it. This happen on the Raw after WM12. This was the first time EVER that The Warrior was on Raw :!: I think he totally matched this great era and the WWF environment. So after a deep promo, Goldust comes and interrupts with Marlena. I love how they had deep breaths & snarl-off there. This segment is one of My faves of ever of all time, really the whole episode is one the best Raws you could watch, I used to watch this episode a ton of times back in the day :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:24 pm

Another odd pairing, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 16, 2024 8:02 am

That was an excellent promo by Desmond Wolfe & Kurt Angle :)

Yes it was...here's Warrior's great promo about Goldust :)

Here's their match to qualify in the 1996 King of the Ring :o I might continue the outcome of this at a later date :shock:

We shall see what was next for "The Bizarre One" :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:24 pm

Incoherent UW promos are the best.

Right now, in my opinion, Toni Storm is one of the best promos going. I'm not sure how she came up with this character, it's a bit 50s starlet, a little Goldust, some Trish Stratus and Mickie James....but it's very unique and entertaining as heck. I was not familiar with Mariah May prior to AEW, but her facial expressions throughout this promo are also terrific. I popped for the line about Vegas. And of course....chin...tits...shoe!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 17, 2024 9:23 am

Yes, Toni Storm is very talented and that's good that she has your attention ;) Okay, I don't know but here's My theory. In the 2010s there was a ton of films and TV Shows like Thor: Ragnorok & Stranger Things and Video games that was very retro in the 70s & 80s and especially music for this said media...there was like an obsessive thing going on about it, heck it's still going on, look how much retro there is in AEW since their start...look at FTR's theme...loom how 80s that is. Stuff is kinda doing 70s nostalgia too like the recent film The Black Phone. Well, during the actual 80s, there was a like an obsessiveness with the 50s like Back to the Future, Matlock and much more. Since there is still 80s & retro stuff currently going on in movies and whatnot, Toni Storm probably greenlit her 50's-like gimmick because of that..I don't know...that's just My theory :) I know very little of Mariah May other than that's her real name, she's English and was in Japan in Stardom and had success there but really that's all I know about her and she is nice looking.

Okay, you mentioned odd pairings...well this is what was next for Goldust after his feud with The Ultimate Warrior :shock: This happen on the May 6, 1996 Raw :!:

So another paring happen on the May 13, 96 Raw :shock: Mankind, since his debut was annihilating The Undertaker :blbat: :blaq: I thought it was something both The Undertaker & Goldust wear gloves :!:

More tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:11 pm

Could be. She is owning it, that's for sure. It's a shame the women's division is still a mess, though. Tony books it like crap, to be honest. I hope Jamie Hayter and Britt come back soon. They really need some women's tag titles in my opinion, and I always thought making Rampage an all women's show would be cool and different from the WWE. Instead it's kind skippable like Sunday Night Heat used to be.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc