Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:13 am

Hey Brandon! Just giving you a heads up if you're still interested in getting Fire Pro Wrestling World, it's on sale right now on Steam for 70% off for 10 bucks! They also have a DLC bundle on for 80% off for $20 that has the Promotion Simulator game, New Japan Pro Wrestling sequel add-on, Junior Heavyweight Fighting Road Add-On (Gives you Liger, Tiger Mask and a bunch of other guys and a career mode), the Fighting Road Champion Road Story Game, Parts Craft which allows you to create or download new sprites/parts. All the individual add-ons are also on sale on their own. No pressure, let me know if you end up getting it. I remember promising to give you a heads up if it went on sale.

Link below for anyone interested. :smgrin:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 am

Thanks for the heads up Acid up, I really appreciate it but I do not have Steam. Yes, The NES Baseball game was great!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 06, 2022 6:47 am

So let's talk about some great super-hero comic games now. I wasn't exactly huge on comic games but I did like them. These are ones that I have played but I only have a couple of'em which search Me why I never bought them but maybe one day I'll the get the others that I should have long ago :?:

Superman for the NES in 1987 - This was made by Kemco & Seika. I have this one and I showed it in My great NES collection briefly. I played this countless times. I thought it was really fun and My Grandpa loved watching Me play it :batsmile:

Batman 1989 for the NES in 1990 - Another cool one and it shows you how nice the time was during this era! It was made by Sunsoft.

The Death and Return of Superman for SNES & Sega Genesis in 1994 - I loved this one by Sunsoft. I loved the story, I got the comic when it first came out. This game was awesome! NOTE: I know Acid has a cool sig that has to do with this ;) I never beat this one however.

Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage for SNES & Sega Genesis - Another great one in 1994. This was the first Marvel game I actually got into. Because of this game I liked Carnage more than Venom! This was by Acclaim and I saw the ads many, many times of WWF TV!

Batman Returns for the SNES in 1993 - This one is by Konami and is one of My all-time favorite beat'em up games EVER! Its so true to the movie. The music is spot on and everything. I have actually defeated this game multiple times!

Batman Forever for the SNES & Sega Genesis - This great 1995 game is by Acclaim and is similar like Mortal Kombat in some ways. Truly remarkable!

Now see, to My knowledge these great games are not available to current systems via virtual console & mini systems. Like I said before, I know it might be a bit to ask for in this day and age but why haven't we got remasters of these I mean could you imagine how fantastic they would be with filtered & smooth graphics & save options? I mean of course they have to make games for this current generation but let's be honest, are they as fun & grand as the ones from our's :? Instead of remaking ones like Resident Evil that already had great originals, why not go to others that HAS NEVER SEEN OTHER SYSTEMS & ERAS :batrage: Surely I'm not alone here :roll: Well, that's all that was on My mind for now. So did you play these games before? Thoughts? I'm gonna do a Street Fighter universe & Mortal Kombat one soon until then...later :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 06, 2022 6:42 pm

I don't think I ever saw Superman for the NES, it looks fun. I remember playing Maximum Carnage when it came out, but as a character, was never a fan of Carnage. He first appeared during the period of a few years where I wasn't buying comics, and I when I got back interested around Amazing Spiderman 375, I went back to check out the Maximum Carnage issues and wasn't really a fan of the violence.

Anyway, here's a few I remember over the years

I still can remember the opening music to this game

\
Sound wise, this was one the more obnoxious Atari 2600 game. Press play and see what I mean.

I think this was one the best superhero videogames ever made, and it needed to be after that atrocious X-men NES game

This Spiderman game will always have a soft spot in my heart as it was one of the last presents I got from my grandma before she passed away. One of the cool things you could do was take camera pictures during each level and then after completion of the level you'd sell them to J Jonah Jameson and they showed you how the pictures turned out and they were different depending on what you took pictures of each time, and the amount you got for them depended on what they were (ie: a picture of Doc Ock netted you more than a picture of a fire hydrant) and then used that money for web fluid. I thought that was a cool feature for a game that old.

I played a few games on the PS2 as well, but none were really that memorable like the above ones listed.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Oh yes PB, the Superman for the NES was very fun :smwink: Them games you just showed looked really good. Now see, I am the opposite, I want a lot violence and stuff in My games, movies, wrestling if its possible but of course nothing too drastic, even I have a limit :batwink: Them Atari ones ain't bad and I never played them before. That's good your Grandma gave you that Spider-Man game ;) I never play it before either I don't think and yes that's a really cool feature you mentioned. I think I played that X-Men before but very briefly when we were renting over at Star Video but I definitely remember seeing commercials & ads for it on WWF TV & Magazines! IMO during this time was the best era for the X-Man. I should have gave that one a much bigger chance than what I did :roll: If I ever get back to getting new games for the classic systems and especially SG, I gotta keep this one in mind :) I never did either but you can get classic PS games particularly PS2 on PS4's virtual console section but like others, the classic games aren't a priority to them so people like Me who never experiences past systems will have a hard time :roll: I'm sure there was a ton of great games released for PS1 - PS3 too but I have bought a few classic PS2 games there on VC that were to My liking so at least there's that :)

I got a lot of Sega Genesis 32X games but this Spider-Man game is the big one that alluded Me and it's very rare & expensive, in fact, it's regarded as one of the most notorious videos ever released because it was like the last game ever for the Sega Genesis 32X :batshock: :wwsmh: :smheat: . If I ever have the chance, I'm getting it :!:

Later :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 13, 2022 5:45 am

So it's Friday the 13th and what a better way to talk about it then to show the ultra classic NES video game by LJN :blbat: I have this one and showcased it briefly in My great NES showcase a while back in My original topic :)

As you know, I love LJN & Accalim and their sister companies, they were My favorites and made some of the best games ever IMO. Back in the day when Jason & FT13 movie franchise were still awesome, I just digged'em and playing this game at a young age was just too cool :batsmile:

Truth is, this game actually scared Me more than the movies themselves believe it or not. Here is the really spooky gameplay, only in the 80s could you have something like this :batsmile:

More later :blbat: :blww: :blsm: :blhal: :blmm: :blaq:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:41 am

Lol, this game freaked me out a bit when I was kid as well. I need to give it another try as an adult.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri May 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Friday the 13th for the NES gets a bad rap but honestly, not that bad.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 pm

I played it a little today. Throwing stones at zombies is still kind of weird, but I'll admit that darn game still gives me anxiety when I play it.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 13, 2022 9:53 pm

Great guys :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions